15+ Year Old Account

Guilds running world of logs, how do you wipe?

So as confusing as the title may be, I have a question. When guilds are running world of logs on progression and are having lots of wipes, how do you guys do the wipes? Do you specifically NOT die to mechanics in order to go back later and see who fucked up? Or do you only use kills, or very near kills to measure who got hit by what etc.

Lets take our guild as an example. 2-5 people are dead on brackenspore, guild master calls for a wipe. People run and die to exploding shrooms and The wall. When we go back to look over the logs we see people dying many many times to the walls, but they actually didn't die to it WHILE we were progressing, but after the wipe was called.

So my question summed up, how do you do it after a wipe is called? And what data from the logs are you specifically looking at to see who, what and where improvement is needed.

Deleted
    Well usually we check the first few deaths, many after that it's kind of obvious but like wiping on twins mythic we told people not to die from fire stacks as they would be judged on it so, usually easy to see based on time of death :P as for total values a bit more tricky unless maybe you can set it to ignore events after like 5 deaths?

Deleted
    First off all most people stopped using WorldofLogs cause its much easier to read and use Warcraftlogs. I know in Warcraftlogs it should give you a timestamp of deaths wich will give you an idea who died for what. There could be more options but im not an expert.

All advice i can give you is to swich over to warcraftlogs both for reading into your fights and ranks. Ranking on worldoflogs means nothing anymore for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Spooh View Post
    So as confusing as the title may be, I have a question. When guilds are running world of logs on progression and are having lots of wipes, how do you guys do the wipes? Do you specifically NOT die to mechanics in order to go back later and see who fucked up? Or do you only use kills, or very near kills to measure who got hit by what etc.

Lets take our guild as an example. 2-5 people are dead on brackenspore, guild master calls for a wipe. People run and die to exploding shrooms and The wall. When we go back to look over the logs we see people dying many many times to the walls, but they actually didn't die to it WHILE we were progressing, but after the wipe was called.

So my question summed up, how do you do it after a wipe is called? And what data from the logs are you specifically looking at to see who, what and where improvement is needed.
    Context is important; I don't think there's a specific answer. I get what you're saying though. It's always awkward when my raid-leader calls people out for dying to (say) Twins' fire stacks and the person responds with "Uh, I only took stacks because I was trying to wipe faster after you called it."

WarcraftLogs lets you filter results so that you only see who took damage after X number of people have died. I think that's a pretty useful tool for helping address this, but it's still not perfect (having a tank die at a critical moment can be a valid reason to call a wipe, even when everyone else is alive)

Step 1: Use warcraftlogs.com
    Step 2: Set it to exclude data after 4 people were dead.

Spooh, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot. We actually have a way to account for wipes in our addon Whoever is logging just needs the addon and they use it to call a wipe (press the button, or type /amr wipe). Any damage or deaths after that is NOT counted when uploaded to our site. If you're new to logging on our site, here's a guide to get you started.

Addon
    Desktop Application for uploading
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion