Deleted

Choosing between disc and holy for BrF

Hi

Due to a few guilds members leaving during HM, I had to change from holy to disc for several mythic progress fights (such as Imperator). The end result is that I am the only priest healer in my guild (the other healers are 2 resto druids, 2 holy pallys and a resto shaman).

I had always aimed to go into BrF as holy asI enjoy the spec more and look forward to having the 4 set for holy, however I don't want to make any fights harder by staying holy.

My question is, if there is only 1 priest healer in a guild, would it be better for them to attempt to gear and play holy or disc? Or will the best priest spec change fight to fight as it has to some extent in HM?

I will do my best to 'gear for both' but I need to select a spec to gear towards for enchants, coins ect.

Thanks

Your healing comp has pretty much eerything covered, and that includes raid healing which Holy shines at. Go Disc for the absorbs.

Disc provides a very nice buffer, especially for progression that holy just can't make up for with pure throughput. I say go Disc/Holy and swap depending on the fight.

Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Disc provides a very nice buffer, especially for progression that holy just can't make up for with pure throughput. I say go Disc/Holy and swap depending on the fight.
    Which secondary stat would you enchant with?

Deleted
    Considering the stat priority will probably look like:

Holy: Multistrike > Mastery > All
    Disc: Mastery > Multistrike > All

I feel it shouldn't be too difficult to gear for both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hakhu View Post
    Considering the stat priority will probably look like:

Holy: Multistrike > Mastery > All
    Disc: Mastery > Multistrike > All

I feel it shouldn't be too difficult to gear for both.
    I think mastery will only increase in value with 4 set, else it should still be Multistrik > haste for holy, from what i read on the latest forum posts at least. Also disc is Mastery > multi = crit but haste is to be discussed to take a spot here aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by shinbout View Post
    I think mastery will only increase in value with 4 set, else it should still be Multistrik > haste for holy, from what i read on the latest forum posts at least. Also disc is Mastery > multi = crit but haste is to be discussed to take a spot here aswell.
    You are gimping yourself if you don't 4pc as holy though.

Tier pieces drop like candy in BRF.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    You are gimping yourself if you don't 4pc as holy though.

Tier pieces drop like candy in BRF.
    Said candy is usually reserved for DPSers first, though. Holy set bonuses might be amazing, but it's still nothing really unique like Disc brings.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Said candy is usually reserved for DPSers first, though.
    Which is a simple matter of waiting an extra week or two since there are 3 difficulties you can burn for tier pieces, which is also off the existing loot budget unlike previous expansions.

Just from a normal clear, 2 healers and 4 dps got 4 set as is.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Holy set bonuses might be amazing, but it's still nothing really unique like Disc brings.
    True, but utterly irrelevant like the fact the earth is round and the sky is blue.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Deleted
    I think there will always be a place for disc especially in progression unless they completely destroy every aspect of the spec.

Holy will be my farm spec most likely.

Holy feels so redundant on many of these fights, not when it involves giving up the ability to pre-shield and use CoW. Maybe things will be different in Mythic with the 4-piece, but the utility of CoW is so hard to pass up on quite a few fights.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Which is a simple matter of waiting an extra week or two since there are 3 difficulties you can burn for tier pieces, which is also off the existing loot budget unlike previous expansions.

Just from a normal clear, 2 healers and 4 dps got 4 set as is.
    What do you mean by this? You get whatever would normally drop plus tier tokens?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    What do you mean by this? You get whatever would normally drop plus tier tokens?
    Correct.

If normal bosses drop 5 pieces of loot, then the tier token bosses will drop 5 pieces of loot + 3 tier tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ceddya View Post
    Holy feels so redundant on many of these fights, not when it involves giving up the ability to pre-shield and use CoW. Maybe things will be different in Mythic with the 4-piece, but the utility of CoW is so hard to pass up on quite a few fights.
    Doesn't help that pretty much every fight in BRF feature predictable raid damage from what I can see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    A friend of mine ran BRF normal and said that tokens aren't part of the item budget. He had a 17m group and got 3-4 item drops per boss, and 3 (never 4) tokens on each boss. So it's possible that tier tokens are on a separate budget of their own, which is also [raid size]/5, and his group just never got 4. I'll be doing normal tonight so I'll get some more info on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Citywok View Post
    Which secondary stat would you enchant with?
    Mastery hands down.

Correct.

If normal bosses drop 5 pieces of loot, then the tier token bosses will drop 5 pieces of loot + 3 tier tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

Doesn't help that pretty much every fight in BRF feature predictable raid damage from what I can see.
    When we did Operator on Heroic we got 5 loot and 2 tokens I believe.

Edit: With 25 people