Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by nobodysbaby View Post
    Who would use B&S these days...?
    I used it on Heroic Blackhand tonight. It was fantastic for Marked for Death targets in p1 and p2 and Slag Bomb targets in p3.

How do you think the holy PvP 2-set would work? I haven't had any luck with legs or gloves since Highmaul so I ended up buying the conquest pieces a month or so back, and it served me well for a 660, but now with higher ilvl gear dropping, do you think it's better to just replace it or keep it (with the PvE 2-set? without it?). For those that don't know, the 2set is: When Prayer of Mending heals a target, you and the target gain 130 Versatility for 10 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

Also, if anyone was planning on being holy for Flamebender, Guardian Spirit can't soak Torrent for whatever reason.
    Last edited by Thirteen; 2015-02-08 at 04:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bootybear View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Valancer View Post
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time
    Do you have the class trinket? If so, the cast time is correct. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Thirteen View Post
    I've never seen anyone use Spirit Shell since SoO. If it was baseline maybe you'd use it together with PI, but currently it competes with PI directly, and falls short every time, just like ToF.
    It might be worthwhile on some fights with the 4pc, I played with 4pc on most recent testing, and it did well on beastlord and oregorger (and competitive against another priest using PW:S + PI)

Outside of the t17 4pc, it's just not an option IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tygerlily177 View Post
    I used it on Heroic Blackhand tonight. It was fantastic for Marked for Death targets in p1 and p2 and Slag Bomb targets in p3.

That was my thought as well. I took it for Furnace too, just to help people with the void zone and bombs get out quicker.

Quote Originally Posted by Naer View Post
    It might be worthwhile on some fights with the 4pc, I played with 4pc on most recent testing, and it did well on beastlord and oregorger (and competitive against another priest using PW:S + PI)
    Discs have last priority for the set though (at least for pieces 3 & 4) so it'll be a while before you get it.
    I play as a holy priest and when I ran hfc lfr I noticed after the first boss my heal spell wasn't casting. So I looked at it and it shows that it has a 34.4 min cast time

Discs have last priority for the set though (at least for pieces 3 & 4) so it'll be a while before you get it.
    Maybe I'll see it before next tier.

Bonus rolls, pls.

Just like with Klaxxi encounter, Spectral Guise works on the Penetrating Shot during Iron Maidens encounter - hooray for mechanic negation!

Thanks Ceddya, stay fancy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tygerlily177 View Post
    Can confirm this. B&S @ blackhand heroic was HUGE for marked targets, in p2 to get people behind the siege-machines in case there on the other end of the room, in p3 to get them back to the encounter to deal DPS. In p2 it is just to big of a mess to properly provide the marked targets with feathers. In p3 you just can't spend the GCD for feathers.

Also, my Holy colleague tried out Clarity of Purpose, which we thought could be really really nice in phase 3. Unfortunately, is seems to require the 6.1 buff before it gets useful enough.

Also tried Spectral Guise on every ability, nothing worked.

WoM is the way to go here. Even tough it could be nice to cast CoW on the tanks before the smash hits, you just can't stand long enough/do not have the time to pre-shield using CoW.
    Last edited by mmoc3c639dd81a; 2015-02-09 at 02:02 PM.

Deleted
    I really can't think of any fight that I feel the need to use feathers in this raid, while B&S is gold for almost every boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Killed Blast Furnace and Iron Maidens on heroic today:

For Iron Maidens I suggest Clarity of Will because the tank damage during bombs phase is rather high, and you're not going to get much millage out of WoM until the last phase.
    Sorry but I must say that your tanks must be doing something wrong. I can see use for CoW for that encounter on mythic, but on heroic I just died away of boredom since nothing was to heal. The tanks can avoid the bombs as any other player.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by menya View Post
    I really can't think of any fight that I feel the need to use feathers in this raid, while B&S is gold for almost every boss.
    Thats actually nice, that there is use for B&S for a change, too bad Holy have CD on PWS!

Found an alternative strat for gruul. If your raid happens to have 2 disc priests, don't fret because you can both stay disc. The way this strategy works is you both spec into Spirit Shell and alternate you blanketing of the raid with it. Priest A will Spirit Shell the inferno slice soak group and Priest B will PW:S blanket. When the next Inferno Slice is going to occur Priest A will PW:S blanket and Priest B will Spirit Shell. While not the best for the healing meters or ranking, the strategy is solid as no one took any damage and we were able to 3 heal 25m Heroic using this strategy.

Thats actually nice, that there is use for B&S for a change, too bad Holy have CD on PWS!
    Holy also has no reason to ever be using B&S.

Deleted
    I used Divine Star for the first time in months on Heroic Iron Maidens, mostly due to the synergy with Surge of Light. Initially I thought mana was going to be tight, but it wasn't at all. Everyone is so clumped up the entire fight, that you'll have plenty of procs. Lots of dancing, but once you learn the bomb dance it really isn't that hard. Used Hymn during the last 20%, but couldn't really find a time before that, I mean to pad the meters you could, but it wasn't needed.

Quote Originally Posted by CccBob View Post
    I used Divine Star for the first time in months on Heroic Iron Maidens, mostly due to the synergy with Surge of Light. Initially I thought mana was going to be tight, but it wasn't at all. Everyone is so clumped up the entire fight, that you'll have plenty of procs. Lots of dancing, but once you learn the bomb dance it really isn't that hard. Used Hymn during the last 20%, but couldn't really find a time before that, I mean to pad the meters you could, but it wasn't needed.
    We're pretty spread ourselves, outside of coming in for the aim mechanic. I ended up wish cascade when I ran as disc and holy.

I kinda miss DS.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    How do you think the holy PvP 2-set would work? I haven't had any luck with legs or gloves since Highmaul so I ended up buying the conquest pieces a month or so back, and it served me well for a 660, but now with higher ilvl gear dropping, do you think it's better to just replace it or keep it (with the PvE 2-set? without it?). For those that don't know, the 2set is: When Prayer of Mending heals a target, you and the target gain 130 Versatility for 10 sec. Stacks up to 5 times.

Also, if anyone was planning on being holy for Flamebender, Guardian Spirit can't soak Torrent for whatever reason.
    I'm keeping it until the PvE 4 set. For just 2 pieces, it's going to be hard to replace the 650 vers just on yourself; if you take into account the limitless amount of vers you're putting out on the raid, it blows even perfectly itemized mythic pieces out of the water imo. I do have other pieces that I switch to for fights where PoM isn't bouncing much though.

Updated my post to include all fights from BRF. Happy raiding everyone!

Who would use B&S these days...?
    Why on earth wouldn't you use B&S? BRF is chock full of mechanics where players are individually targeted by a damaging mechanic AND could benefit from a speed boost. Feathers remains a difficult to aim/use ability thats only even worth considering on fights where you have the luxury to spend time casting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sard View Post
    Why on earth wouldn't you use B&S? BRF is chock full of mechanics where players are individually targeted by a damaging mechanic AND could benefit from a speed boost. Feathers remains a difficult to aim/use ability thats only even worth considering on fights where you have the luxury to spend time casting it.
    Spec feathers for running back to the boss after a wipe, Spec B&S for boss/trash = win.

Holy also has no reason to ever be using B&S.
    PWS isn't bad for Holy, it's just that there's usually a Disc in the raid so one avoids using it.

It absorbs just about as much as Renew heals for, albeit instantly instead of over 12 seconds.