Any tips for keeping track of pet position?

There are a lot of scenarios, especially as demo, where it would be extremely helpful to have some sort of emphasized indication of where my pet is currently standing. For example on Ko'ragh when I want to felstorm the adds, I make sure my felguard is on passive and then send him to attack one of the adds. Even if I could pause the game, I would still have a tough time spotting my pet among all the mobs and spell effects to confirm that he is where he needs to be to storm.

My dream would be to have some sort of client side permanent raid marker on him but afaik the functionality for that was broken back in ICC with the AVR mod.

I'm open to any suggestions to get better at the pet micro aspect of playing lock.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make the nameplate for your pet bigger?

set your pet as focus target (in case you don't need that, and for that boss you usually won't anyway)
    and you see your pet on the minimap
    another thing you could do is maybe a arrow that points towards your pet (i got a weakaura for the endboss that does something similar).

well i leave my pet on the boss since it does meeledmg, and the adds go down fast enough. atleast for that boss.
    imperator is usually the "target add shift 1, hog + petcleave" boss for me. since the boss tends to turn and our pet somehow can't grasp the "how to do dps" concept.

pretty much the only 2 options i currently have. never hd a big problem with finding my pet, then again i play gnome so i'm pretty good at finding small stuff