Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    All Blizz needs to do is fix our AoE heals. Instead of just buffing HR/LoD, I'd like to see something along the lines of:

Devotion Aura: Inspire all party and raid members within 40 yards, granting them immunity to Silence and Interrupt effects and reducing all m̶a̶g̶i̶c̶ damage taken by 10%. Lasts 10 sec. 1min cd.
    In addition, healing done by your Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn spells is increased by 50% to targets affected by your Devotion Aura.

The tuning could change, but the idea would generate some interesting gameplay IMO. It'd buff our AoE healing and give us a better (or at least more flexible) raid cooldown. Plus, it'd give us a well-needed PvP buff as well.
    "We don't care what people say, we know the truth. Enough is enough with this horse s***. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don't tell me I'm less than my freedom."

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    I know for a fact that it isn't just me. But I have to rant about it at this point; because it's that dull. Basically all we do in a raid setting is :

Cast 3 spells that basically are the same thing.
    Cast Holy Shock-Holy Prism on cd.

I feel like even when compared to Disc Priests we are too boring to play even at a mythic setting. Holy Paladins just don't feel like a real spec to me anymore and that's just sad imo.
    Bring back holy radiance from cataclysm and that frontal cone thing! lol

I don't find it as boring as I find it frustrating. It seems it relies on rng a lot, and all my procs always seem to happen when the raid is pretty well topped off so my overhealing goes through the roof. Then when the damage start rolling in the healing procs stop happening

We have 3 aoe spells: Light of Dawn, Holy Radiance and Daybreak (buff from HR for Holy Shock). We can't use HR cause it's too expensive, so we can't use Daybreak. LoD is decent (it heals like eternal flame) but it's dumb heal. For me, Infusion of Light should reduce mana cast of HR by 50%, not cast time, it's just pointless. To add some taste - multistrikes should have some impact in our gameplay, something like "When you cast Word of Glory/Eternal Flame or Light of Dawn you have a chance equal to your multistrike that next Holy Light will generate one Holy Power". I hope old Holy Light and Flash of Light will come back - Holy Light should be slow and heal for big amount, and Flash should be quick and weak. There's no point in using Flash as "life saver", our life saver is LoH.

Deleted
    Even the stat we are supposed to be taking (crit) we have 1 interaction with and its boring and passive.

Deleted
    They need to improve the holy power dynamic. 1 viable holy power generator and 1 viable holy power consumer is just terrible design. Light of dawn / holy radiance being more viable would add depth to the system but also just faster generation in general. Holy prism as a spell also feels boring. Actually the only gameplay I've found engaging so far gearing my paladin has been beacon swapping/management

How much healing does eternal flame actually make up for even? Playing my holy pala it feels like I could not spend a single holy power and still do the majority of the same healing. Such moronic design in holy power.

- - - Updated - - -

If you compare to monk which has 6 (viable!) chi generators and up to 3 (viable!) consumers along with x2 faster generation of the resource it's really so dull in comparison. Really like the ST nuke healing play style but the spec feels unpolished. Despite being god mode heals
    Last edited by mmoc04efe6dd67; 2015-02-23 at 04:55 AM.

Deleted
    Generation is really smooth and reliable it's just the lack of choice that is super boring.

Beacon swapping is fine but rarely will one target need multiple direct heals to make it worthwhile. So far the only instance I can think of is Ko'ragh and nothing in BRF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VashinKT View Post
    Not the frontal cone, that was awful, but with the state of holy radiance currently, I wouldn't mind it being a personally based aoe heal on a cd :P like 30 seconds though instead of what it used to be
    You're a towel.

if you're not happy. Quit. It's that simple. It's a game stop taking it way too seriously. Jeez

Deleted
    Holy paladins have always been this way and tbh I don't see how they can change it. Light of dawn and holy radiance are kinda weak. Terrible to use in most situations, but a buff to them making then worthwhile would probably cause balancing issues leading to qq from other class healers. Even tho they may be boring, I would prefer them this way with the direct healing play style. Let others aoe heals. Besides there's hos, hop etc. Also from my experience most healing classes have less healing options. I would also say that paladin is more active than playing a priest.
    Last edited by mmoca1dceb134b; 2015-02-23 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    I think you'll find every other healer is also "boring" depending on what you're in to.

I find Paladin/Priest to be more interesting because I like hard casting spells rather than hotting as a druid or playing a monk.

My biased opinion says Paladin is one of the more interesting healers to play.

Dunno. I feel the opposite. I mean sure, we don't have many heals - but who does? All healing classes have 3-5 main healing abilities. As far as AoE healing is concerned, yeah it's poop - but personally I like the double beacon playstyle.

I really enjoy stuff like like BoP, Freedom, Sac, purity, and LoH. We have some of the most powerful utility around, and all of it gets used. Hell, even freedom was good on the 2nd to last boss in Highmaul for the frozen orb snare. Really makes paladin feel like a true support class, I love that kind of stuff.

Plus we get stuff like bubble and dp for 40% magic resist or 20/20 - we're great defensively.

Just preference I guess.

I honestly think that if Holy Radiance's mana cost were reduced, it would make HPal feel a lot less "HL spammy" which is what makes the class feel a bit boring to play. When Holy Prism on a 30 second cd costs ~5k mana for ~15-20k healing (depending on spellpower) and HR costs ~11k mana for ~9k-11k healing, that's a balance issue. Holy Radiance as one of 3 Holy Power generators costs way too much - if we're not meant to use HR for aoe healing, then give us another way to generate holy power instead of just Holy Shock/Crusader Strike (the second of which is rarely, if ever, an actual option). With the high cost of HR, we can't make use of Daybreak at 2 stacks .Sure, we have the spells in our toolkit to compensate (a bit) for our weak AoE healing - Sanctified Wrath and/or Holy Avenger - but having to rely on a personal cd to do any AoE healing at all just feels inadequate.

I played holy throughout 25 man t16. THAT was boring.
    SH talent and concrete 4 button rotation while sleeping at the keyboard and collecting loots afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by VashinKT View Post
    Yes, please, bring old LoD back.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eace View Post
    All Blizz needs to do is fix our AoE heals. Instead of just buffing HR/LoD, I'd like to see something along the lines of:

Devotion Aura: Inspire all party and raid members within 40 yards, granting them immunity to Silence and Interrupt effects and reducing all m̶a̶g̶i̶c̶ damage taken by 10%. Lasts 10 sec. 1min cd.
    In addition, healing done by your Holy Radiance and Light of Dawn spells is increased by 50% to targets affected by your Devotion Aura.

The tuning could change, but the idea would generate some interesting gameplay IMO. It'd buff our AoE healing and give us a better (or at least more flexible) raid cooldown. Plus, it'd give us a well-needed PvP buff as well.
    As much as I love playing Paladin, 10s interrupt immunity is just insane. The raid part is interesting, that's for sure, but this wouldn§t solve any PvP issues. You would still have to hug pillars like it's your wife with the exception that against bad teams you would have more time to heal while basically nothing would change against the better teams (as you would still get CCed to oblivion during Devo).

Also 10s immunity on 1min CD (that's definitely too low, as a Paladin no way that should be lower than 3min) in RBG setting is a nono. Makes caster setups pretty ugly to play against.

I appreciate the effort, but this is really good on PvE side, while the PvP bullshit we get to live now would take much more to solve.

----

BTW WotLK sucked. Not that pall wasn't a nice to way to spend time, but the raiding as a whole was goddamn shity. Defile is a clear example of terribly designed mechanic not to mention that we basically had blue rage bars... tank went from hero to zero and from zero to hero in a matter of globals. It was a twitchy gameplay that I hope will never see again.
    Last edited by JediKnightCZ; 2015-02-23 at 10:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JediKnightCZ View Post
    Defile is a clear example of terribly designed mechanic

It was a twitchy gameplay that I hope will never see again.
    =O

I couldn't disagree more. Twitch gameplay and unforgiving mechanics are what add difficulty to the game, especially since a fair amount of difficulty has been removed through simplified class/spec difficulty and many "traditional" mechanics have been seen numerous times by most players.

I'd certainly take tanks being at risk of being 1-shot over tanks being able to keep themselves alive with little to no outside healing, but obviously not everybody's preferences are the same.
    Guild - Twitter - 7/7M Highmaul (US#87) - 10/10M Blackrock Foundry (US#49)

I love playing my holy pally. I dislike playing the other healing classes.

The great thing about wow is that there are 5 healing classes to choose from. If you don't enjoy the play style of one, then try another.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasume View Post
    I love playing my holy pally. I dislike playing the other healing classes.

The great thing about wow is that there are 5 healing classes to choose from. If you don't enjoy the play style of one, then try another.
    While that's true you lose a lot by main switching.

If I was to switch mains I would certainly lose my spot on my raid team and I would be so far behind on gear I'd probably have to sacrifice the rest of the tier.

I also don't accept that if a large portion of holy paladins are unhappy they should reroll the game play for every class should be engaging.

I think the lack of choice and how linear the class is are legitimate concerns not just people complaining for the sake of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I boosted a pally with my free 90 and was hoping to run it as Ret/Holy and be my new main but damn holy just wasn't enjoyable. Was my 2nd toon to 100 but it's collected dust since.