Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephster View Post
    Also, are you as DPS responsible for life gripping the tank after smashes? As I understand it, to do it properly you need to grab the tank immediately after he gets knocked away, and you want to be close to the boss so that he doesn't have far to run. I tried it with a target of target macro, but either I was too slow or he changes target immediately after the smash and I ended up gripping the wrong tank. I also felt the positioning lead me to take more damage and lose a bit of DPS since my focus was distracted. Do shadows normally bother with this or is it best left to the healers?
    Just use a targetlasttarget macro with the desired tank's name and it's pretty easy.

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /tar {tank's name}
    /cast Leap of Faith
    /y I choose you, %n!
    /targetlasttarget

That's the macro I use (obviously the yell isn't required but I like pretending I'm playing Pokemon). You can also get Marked for Death right before the Smash so being close to the boss isn't always an option; mostly you just want to avoid your tank taking a fire bath and dying. But using this macro you should only really lose a single global and you can go back to DPS quickly (just keep an eye of for the cast, it's a pretty long cast and he does an animation so it's pretty easy to spot).
    Last edited by Relapses; 2015-03-25 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Just use a targetlasttarget macro with the desired tank's name and it's pretty easy.

Code:
    /stopcasting
    /tar {tank's name}
    /cast Leap of Faith
    /y I choose you, %n!
    /targetlasttarget

That's the macro I use (obviously the yell isn't required but I like pretending I'm playing Pokemon). You can also get Marked for Death right before the Smash so being close to the boss isn't always an option; mostly you just want to avoid your tank taking a fire bath and dying. But using this macro you should only really lose a single global and you can go back to DPS quickly (just keep an eye of for the cast, it's a pretty long cast and he does an animation so it's pretty easy to spot).
    You don't even need to do /tar and /targetlasttarget, you can just do a /cast Leap of Faith [@tank's name] macro and it'll cast without ever switching you away from Blackhand

Deleted
    I did the pull thing and while i lost a bit of dps it wasen't really needed for us in the first phase, the biggest problem was getting lucky with the bonfire placement since i stood relatively close to the boss and a bonfire dropping on me was kinda a hassle.

I started out as CoP but there is just so much movement that i dont think its the best, it all depends on your problems tbh (if you lack damage in 3rd phase go with Cop) but we had problems with getting a good phase 2.
    We did it in a small groupe (10-14 man first kill at 10 man) so the possibility of getting marked and have to move was really high and i were doing the balconies too so i had next to no time to stand still and cast especially if the Rng was hard on me.
    I can imagin going CoP if we were more people (lower chance of getting marked) and i didn't have to do the balconies (ohh and good fox chaining in phase one which we didn't have either)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Wow, did anyone see that blue post?

You learn something new every day. I always thought you had what your character pane said no matter the level.

Need more crit for AS now
    Had a few conversations with guildies about this. This mechanic has literally always been in the game and I mean always, since vanilla launch. Bosses are classed as 3 levels higher than you so your crit chance against them is slightly lower than what it says in your character pane, but its not enough that you would notice it over usual crit RNG.
    All simcraft/useful theorycrafting has been done with this in mind for the last 10 years, so you don't need to change anything.

Learning Spriest, on oregorger, is there any special way to get cascade to bounce to all the boxes? As of my current attempts, it really isnt bouncing much if at all, even if I wait and dot a bunch up to force them to be in combat. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    Learning Spriest, on oregorger, is there any special way to get cascade to bounce to all the boxes? As of my current attempts, it really isnt bouncing much if at all, even if I wait and dot a bunch up to force them to be in combat. Not sure what I am doing wrong.
    Cast it on boxes at an intersection with boxes in LOS of each other.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya try to hit one of the middle-est boxes, it will split in different directions and go around the room a bit better. Box placement is random though, so it's entirely possible to get a big gap in the room that makes Cascade stop bouncing. You can use Oregorger to traverse the gap if he is crashed into a middle wall though!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    Ya try to hit one of the middle-est boxes, it will split in different directions and go around the room a bit better. Box placement is random though, so it's entirely possible to get a big gap in the room that makes Cascade stop bouncing. You can use Oregorger to traverse the gap if he is crashed into a middle wall though!
    Thanks for the quick reply I ended up swapping back to my war for our oregorger kill tonight, though I intend on the main swap in the long run. Really enjoying Auspicious Spirits, not so much CoP though. Sitting on around 20% crit atm, lost the roll on the blackhand staff on our quick heroic kill tonight sadly.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by masterprtzl View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply I ended up swapping back to my war for our oregorger kill tonight, though I intend on the main swap in the long run. Really enjoying Auspicious Spirits, not so much CoP though. Sitting on around 20% crit atm, lost the roll on the blackhand staff on our quick heroic kill tonight sadly.
    It's a good sign for a Spriest main swap if you like the DoT talent and dislike the "fake arcane mage" talent So, welcome Initiate Masterprtzl!
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Yeah with 27% crit I play AS full time. Can't stand CoP play style.
    Intel i5 6600k - Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 - Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 @ 2400Mhz - Asus Strix GTX 1080 - Asus PG279Q - Samsung Evo 850 500GB SSD