7+ Year Old Account

HELP! New holy priest seeking CONSTRUCTIVE feedback!!!

Hey guys,

I have been playing WoW since WoTLK and recently I re rolled to a holy priest in a effort to give our healing core a better composition! I played a Resto druid and Resto Shaman for two expansions both and I have a decent knowledge of healing. I was hoping the community here could help me look at my logs, armory, or drop feed back and help me figure out what I can do to improve my performance as a holy priest. My priest is very fresh, but I have ran her in the main raids I can keep up with the other raid healers but I feel I can do much better. I just can not pin point what I need to improve on to up my HPS and lower over healing!

Below is a link to our most recent logs!

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...ealing&boss=-3

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%A4/advanced
    Last edited by Desanya; 2015-02-04 at 08:46 PM.

Your logs honestly look fine. You have a disc priest which is sniping a lot of the healing, so I wouldn't worry about it. Your ilvl is lower than every other healer (by quite a bit) so that and the disc priest likely account for your numbers.

Bottom line is, you're downing bosses, so don't worry about meters unless there's a huge disparity.

1) Use Twist of Fate over Power Infusion it is vastly superior for holy.
    2) Remove lightwell glyph for Circle of Healing one, you lose tons of healing by not using it.
    3) Renew and CoH even more and keep PoM always on cd, aka play more agressively since you're rather conservative from the logs you just posted.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akawhisp View Post
    Your logs honestly look fine. You have a disc priest which is sniping a lot of the healing, so I wouldn't worry about it. Your ilvl is lower than every other healer (by quite a bit) so that and the disc priest likely account for your numbers.

Bottom line is, you're downing bosses, so don't worry about meters unless there's a huge disparity.
    Thanks for the feedback; Yeah I'm lower than others in terms of gear but I just want to make sure that I am playing the most efficiently/best for raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    2) Remove lightwell glyph for Circle of Healing one, you lose tons of healing by not using it.
    3) Renew and CoH even more and keep PoM always on cd, aka play more agressively since you're rather conservative from the logs you just posted.
    Thanks for the reply. I guess that I'm trying/was trying to play more conservative due to having lower ilvl and not having a second spirit ring. I'm wanting to make sure that I have enough mana to reach the full length of the fight. Anything that you do specifically to know when to be aggressive/conservative?

I'm going to make the changes you mentioned above and play more aggressively tonight.

I've got to disagree with #2. Lightwell renew ticks are always my #3 heal and the 35% extra mana cost on CoH does not make the glyph superior when compared to the free extra healing from lightwell. If you find yourself with lots of excess mana, replace glyph of binding heal for glyph of CoH.

Also #1 is only half true. Each talent is nearly equivalent and completely depends on the fight. If you run mindbender, Power Infusion is arguably better.

7+ Year Old Account
    I've got to disagree with #2. Lightwell renew ticks are always my #3 heal and the 35% extra mana cost on CoH does not make the glyph superior when compared to the free extra healing from lightwell. If you find yourself with lots of excess mana, replace glyph of binding heal for glyph of CoH.

Also #1 is only half true. Each talent is nearly equivalent and completely depends on the fight. If you run mindbender, Power Infusion is arguably better.
    I was wondering, I haven't been able to find any mathematical numbers for talents do you have any information on that? It seems like PI is best when you know that spiked damage is coming you can pop it and spam for 20 seconds, when running ToF you get a increase every time there is a spike provided you heal to get the buff.

Thanks for the feedback too btw.
    Desanya - Out of Line - Stormreaver

Echoing this. Your healing is fine. The disparity in healing is basically lower ilvl and class.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torch068 View Post
    Echoing this. Your healing is fine. The disparity in healing is basically lower ilvl and class.
    Thanks for the response, I did some more heroics tonight - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/t2MCdAWaq4np9VYB

I took the advice above from Isheria and it seems like I did better compared to last night. I also felt like I played more aggressively, I had to monitor my mana because of slight issues, but it wasn't anything unbearable. I didn't have spirit on either rings until tonight and I only have the candle for a spirit trinket. I think if I adjusted some pieces (Trinket/Rings) to more spirit that I could be even more aggressive and play better.

The nice thing about Isheria's changes is even though there is an item level gap, I feel like I had a major improvement from the previous night in terms of my m/hps output.
    Desanya - Out of Line - Stormreaver

Deleted
    Keep lightwell glyph. (deep wells not glyph of lightwell sorry)

Glyph of lightwell and renew should be baseline, always. Circle of healing is so so 35% more mana cost is a lot if you aren't great on mana use. Don't cast PoM on CD. its awful. Take the passive talent. It will be 5-6% of your healing on most fights which is nice for a passive heal.

Take surge of light over mindbender. Will allow you to get some free heals on the tank or low health raid member, and single target heals in the serenity stance refreshes renew, 2 birds 1 stone. You will be fine on mana if you are smart.
    Last edited by mmoce69430b187; 2015-02-05 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Medipac94 View Post

Glyph of lightwell and renew should be baseline, always. Circle of healing is so so 35% more mana cost is a lot if you aren't great on mana use. Don't cast PoM on CD. its awful. Take the passive talent. It will be 5-6% of your healing on most fights which is nice for a passive heal.

Take surge of light over mindbender. Will allow you to get some free heals on the tank or low health raid member, and single target heals in the serenity stance refreshes renew, 2 birds 1 stone. You will be fine on mana if you are smart.
    most of this is not right. PoM will be one of our best spells once you get the new tier set bonuses. It should be cast on cooldown if there is enough raid damage for it to be used up. Both words of mending and PoM are very useful.

If you are talking about being more aggressive with using mana, taking surge of light would hurt you a lot. I understand taking mindbender if you can't consistently solace on cooldown.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Medipac94 View Post

Don't take the highest HPS increase glyph we have because it costs too much mana, but then spec into SoL over Solace/MB? What? You could make the argument for Lightwell over Binding Heal, but not CoH imo. Also, PoM is not awful for Holy - it typically will heal for far more than Renew with far less overhealing. Both take 1 GCD and reduce the CD of CoH which is the ultimate goal anyways. You should be casting it on CD for most fights.