Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Holy shit... the end of episode 4 was gruesome. I got a little sick to my stomach. Fisk is going to definitely be an interesting character.
    If you think that's gruesome, wait until episode 8! Absolutely twisted and dark and lovable!
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Maneo View Post
    2. Wait Daredevil isn't of the caliber but Hawkeye and Black Widow are??? Even with their cool toys Daredevil has/or would kick the crap out of them, I know he beat Widow, hell he has even beaten Cap.
    Their cool toys let them potentially damage robots, I doubt punching a robot with Daredevil's normal, human first would do much good no matter how skilled he fights.

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't watched anything Daredevil related since the movie probably... 10 years ago or something. I remember fairly enjoying the movie.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Deleted
    Its pretty decent. The blonde chick can't act for shit tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Its pretty decent. The blonde chick can't act for shit tho.
    Better than having an Iris, or a Laurel, or a Barbara.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    The fight scenes are everything I wish Arrow's fight scenes had been, looking back. Arrow's much more cinematic, but Daredevil's taking clear inspiration from things like Oldboy (the original) and such, and it feels a lot heftier and organic. The one hallway fight when he's hurt, and keeps leaning against the wall to catch his breath, just fantastic.

Fisk is really, really well-done. There's no way they could have gotten the sheer mass of the character from the comics, but it's about as close as you could hope using a living actor. He's smart, ruthless, brutal, and most importantly, believable.

I also am stupidly happy that they're weaving courtroom drama into it appropriately. If the show was just "Matt Murdock punches a punch of dudes using his blindsight", it would have a lot less appeal. He's a lawyer, it's a massive part of the character, and they're weaving it in from the start.
    I loved the hallway fight. You could just tell how hurt and tired he was. I loved that ti was not a super fast fight.

Every time I hear about "save this city", All i can fucking think about is Arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Better than having an Iris, or a Laurel, or a Barbara.
    I agree.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Every time I hear about "save this city", All i can fucking think about is Arrow.
    They kind of can't get away from that; it's Daredevil's whole "thing".

As long as he doesn't start accusing people of having "failed this city", I'm good. Because seriously, Arrow writers, there are more words in the language.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just finished the first season. Spent a good amount of time last night and today watching haha. I think the combat is a little too...flashy and prolonged. But aside that, totally in love with the series. Can't wait for season two.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    I don't know about official, but the last news article I read said that season two would have Elektra and Bullseye in it. We can only hope.
    Oh, that's good to hear then! I haven't seen much outside the original articles stating the four series they were doing. Was trying to not look much into it until it came out. Would like to see those two introduced in the next one and glad they left them out for now. That they way they can just focus on DareDevil and then establish more in the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdumb View Post
    Just finished the 13 now, jesus the story telling on it is good. It has that same not so serious element at some points that are present in the movies, which is what makes it stand out. In terms of story telling I'd say it possibly even matches up (in my opinion passes) agents of shield. I know they aren't the same kind of show, but the way the other side is portrayed in this and how much depth they go into with the back story is remarkable. Plus, lots of little easter eggs in there linking it to the main MCU.

Some parts were pretty brutal as well, more than I'd expected for a marvel TV series, but its a good change to see on a series
    Yeah, on episode 3 right now and won't go too much into it, but it is really good in my opinion and I wasn't really a DareDevil fan. Plus I'm sure anyone will agree even the first episode is miles ahead of the movie.

As for easter eggs, you can tell if you pay attention and stuff. I like how it's even stated it takes place after Avengers 1 so they have it in the timeline an everything so they can put him in at any point if they chose. For instance, Civil War.

Friend of mine was watching a little bit when they came by and was surprised at all the bloodiness and violence they saw considering it was a Marvel production and you didn't see that much in movies.

Ok after doing a bit of research it is clear that Daredevil takes place after Avengers but before Age of Ultron.
    Well in episode 1 when they were looking for a building they referenced the attack on New York and how it lowered prices and they were just now recovering. So that was a safe bet it was after that. Being before Age of Ultron I personally don't know because I haven't finished it, but I'd say it's definitely safe to say it's before just because it might ruin the movie some.

I would be really surprised to see him show up in any fashion in AoU, however at the same time I just can't see the Man Without Fear sitting it out while killer robots rampage his city.

They need to do a one shot or something showing him doing what he does, helping people. Granted I fully understand that he probably wouldn't be able to stand up to those things, but I can't see him just standing by and watching (or whatever he does since he is blind)
    Well.... everything I've seen says that most of AoU is to take place in Europe so that might explain why he might not be in it. I haven't heard of him doing any cameo's in it or anything. They were going to do a "Defender's Group" type thing after all 4 shows aired so it could be they reference the attack then?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Which is great, for a bunch of reasons;
    1> The first seasons we get are meant to be closed loops; if they don't get the support to continue, there's no cliffhanger leaving you desperate for more. What threads don't get tied off have the entire rest of the MCU waiting to pick them up.
    2> Even "failed" projects introduce characters to the MCU and flesh out the universe, which contributes to the success of everything else (I'd class Agent Carter in here; I liked it, but it lacked long-term appeal to a lot of people).
    3> There's a lot less risk to throwing a single season up, than pushing a long-term show you're hoping to get 6 seasons and a movie out. Not so much fiscally as emotionally. If you've got a story that needs 3-4 seasons to come to fruition, that's a lot to expect a studio to back.
    Exactly. Each episode ranges about 40-50 minutes, but they can tell so much more story than what they can in a movie. The way they are testing the waters with things is good too as they are doing it in a way that flows with the story, but not leaving you upset because something doesn't get tied up. End of Episode 1 is a good example from what I've seen of 2 and 3 so far in how they start something and then tie it up.

The main reason for the TV show was because they wanted the characters out there and introduced and it's doing a good job of it. They said the lesser knowns it works better for. After watching DareDevil I kind of wish they'd had done the movies and put them all into a TV Show with the amount of work they put into it since it's cheaper for a TV show than movie.

to Marvel, Drew Goddard and Steven S. DeKnight...

well done...well, fucking, done.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    As far as I know (and I could be wrong), they haven't officially said there's a season two. Just that after Daredevil is Jessica Jones, then Luke Cage and one other So I'm wondering if the seasons will go up that way or if they'll actually come out with a season 2. Going to try and watch it all this weekend, but only got 1 episode down so far.
    Daredevil ->Jessica Jones -> Luke Cage -> Iron Fist -> The Defenders (which will be all of them)
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicari View Post
    Daredevil ->Jessica Jones -> Luke Cage -> Iron Fist -> The Defenders (which will be all of them)
    ...and possibly The Punisher.

http://screencrush.com/netflix-dared...even-deknight/

well not likely, but one can hope lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    ...and possibly The Punisher.

http://screencrush.com/netflix-dared...even-deknight/

well not likely, but one can hope lol.
    It's possible. Netflix might branch out and do a "Marvel Knights" set of Shows next. Punisher, Ghost Rider, maybe Moon Knight.

Marvel's certainly not lacking in the Character Department.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

It's possible. Netflix might branch out and do a "Marvel Knights" set of Shows next. Punisher, Ghost Rider, maybe Moon Knight.

yeah, might not happen until after The Defenders...but surely some hard TV-MA MAX/Knights shows would be pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    yeah, might not happen until after The Defenders...but surely some hard TV-MA MAX/Knights shows would be pretty sweet.
    Yeah, certainly not until after Defenders. Probably have to see how well all these shows are received before they dive in to making a bunch more.

Daredevil seems to be a pretty big hit with most people though...so that's promising

Watched some last night, the rest tonight. Overall a great show. Had some of the Arrow feel without the CW-drama angle, and overall was top notch. As others say, more gore than expected, no sex or nudity, so I assume the rating was just the violence. It's great that they went with actual fights, as opposed to using camera angles to disguise the actors inability to kick, but it does run into that "wait, does everyone know martial arts?" vibe after a while.

The backstory was woven in tightly, and it was great to see a metaplot driven show focus on the narrative while weaving side-stuff into the whole. Bad week for me to break my glasses and rely on an old pair though, so many dark scenes and subtitles. Great for the setting, but damn hard on my aging eyes. Of course, it is easier to handle the metaplot in a 13 episode enclosed setup like it is, but still, they did it with a good flow and none of the episodes really felt like padding.

Liked the finale costume, thought Stick was great. Surprisingly, didn't like Kingpin as much, and I'd really thought i'd like the actor in the role. The anger issues and mannerisms didn't flow well and he really didn't demonstrate capability very well. Sure he's an important, wealthy guy, but none of that came through as logical. His underling and associates did most of the real stuff. Didn't detract from the overall, but could have been done better.

Binge watching them, it really felt like the nurse was just dropped for the most part. It's easy to forget that this is 13 episodes and it was quite a while in filming and stuff. It wouldn't have been as noticeable ("oh, yeah, she patched you up, but left right after") during 13 weeks of broadcast tv. (Which, knowing networks, would have taken 20 weeks to show, and probably would have been out of order.)

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and I also love the opening credits stuff.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

As many said, if it happens it won't be until after The Defenders. They need to see how well it does, but by the looks of DareDevil I say they have a pretty good shot.

Though part of the reason they won't base it off DareDevil alone is because a lot of people know about him in some shape or form (most from movie). Once we get the next three lesser knowns then they'll have a better idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Though part of the reason they won't base it off DareDevil alone is because a lot of people know about him in some shape or form (most from movie). Once we get the next three lesser knowns then they'll have a better idea.
    That's the reason they led with DD...because he's the one the audience is most familiar with. Put him out first to give the others something to build off of. I also wouldn't be shocked to see Matt do a brief cameo in any or all of the other shows. In the Comics these 4 characters have a pretty good working relationship (Matt once hired Jessica and Luke to play his bodyguards after his identity was exposed...and had Iron Fist take on the role of Daredevil for a while as a way of trying to prove that Matt Murdoch and Daredevil were different people).

love it so far, it's so refreshing to have a mature/violent take on a marvel hero that doesn't suck (excluding Blade obviously).

10+ Year Old Account
    Like the reference to Iron Man and Thor in ep4. Not subtle at all, but I liked it.