Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Making gold in this expansion

So what are people doing to make gold now? I took a break at the end of MoP, and just came back recently so I'm not sure. Are people leveling alts to get a bunch of garrisons going and whatnot or what else is there? Also, any recommendations on which professions would be good to have?
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

Every time I level a char or get an item to drop I save it, and DE it in some one elses garrison... Dust sells pretty well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doing daily cd's on alts and also crafting lots of stuff from previous expansions
    Quote Originally Posted by Christonya View Post
    Every time I level a char or get an item to drop I save it, and DE it in some one elses garrison... Dust sells pretty well.
    Usually vendoring it will get you more gold

I haven't really tried to do anything to make gold this expansion, yet i've still made about 500k. Missions, salvage yard, maybe 3 crafted boes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Doing daily cd's on alts and also crafting lots of stuff from previous expansions
    Usually vendoring it will get you more gold
    Weapons yes, but not all armor pieces.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    do the garrison stuff (the Barn alone should net ~2k/day for every alt, at least until the 6.1)
    buy dusts at the TP when they're cheap, sell them when they hit the high price
    weekly mount/mog runs (a complete Firelands run yields ~2000g and over 1000g for Dragon Soul)
    craft item upgrades

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhulrak View Post
    So what are people doing to make gold now? I took a break at the end of MoP, and just came back recently so I'm not sure. Are people leveling alts to get a bunch of garrisons going and whatnot or what else is there? Also, any recommendations on which professions would be good to have?
    Making temporal shards on all alts, selling them, doing the mine/herb garden everyday for primal spirits and selling bloods with them.

Dependant on server

Deleted
    Mostly as everyone said: old raids, garrison profession building and the daily cooldowns and missions.

Found that the gold missions also pay out nicely. I do 2 rounds of missions every day. Once off work and once before bed. Usually do all the gold missions and I think that's at least 250g per toon a day on average. Having 5 garrisons that adds up to 1250 gold a day just shy of 10k a week for clicking twice a day.

Just about every garrison building is super profitable, if you actually do it every day. The big crates of salvage are really nice but random. The barn is good. The other buildings are good at the start of the patches and at raid releases and then depreciate as gear becomes less valuable.

Mining and herbalism are actually the best they've ever been since, now that factions Auction Houses have merged, you can sell twice as much ore on a daily basis. With the Warlords shuffles, some servers are selling 20,000 ore per day compared to the 3-7 thousand back in MoP. People also seemed to have forgotten how to smelt. Check your AH for smelting opportunities *cough cough* ghost iron *cough*.

Generally though, transmog is still great, so do your xmog runs, and now that gear is high enough, you can easily run cata raids like the entrance of BoT which drops an insane amount of embersilk. Play the AH with a good sniper scan to get underpriced items. And as always, if you're looking to really make gold, there are a ton of new players looking to buy mounts and pets. So find a few TCG dealers and start flipping those. If you need any more help for your professions specifically, just send me a message here or on my channel. I check messages there more often.

Deleted
    JC daily in JC hut on 11 chars pretty decent as well.

Deleted
    Just doing the garrison/profession dailies on 1-2 chars and a bit of patch day shenanignas. Sitting at 200k with no idea what to do. Atm I'm throwing it on 630 weapons for leveling alts and shit like that.

You will be swimming in gold soon enough, just play the game.

I don't think any profession is better than the other at making a profit now. As long as you can make the upgrade parts for gear they should sell. Being able to make something for 6.1 might net you more money right off the bat since demand will be higher.

I have 3 characters with Max garrisons and just by doing normal upkeep on them and I'm making a lot of money.

Heroic 25 BoT, FL, and BWD gets about 4k a week give or take a few hundred gold per toon you run through it.

Could be making more if I wanted to, but just being lazy with my alts.

Currently I got 4 level 100s. On my Main I have the JC + Enchanting building, I use those for some gold making. Alts + my main as well I use the Trading Post + Level 3 Inn (it gives some okay gold and considering I make 95% of my gold through missions, Level 3 Inn is worth it) Enchanters building on my alts just to DE mission gear / Salvage Xmog gear, and Salvage yard. Keep one follower under 95 so I spawn in those missions. Have at least 3 scavenger followers on each character so I can rack in enough Garrison Resources. And just spam missions. if I am home I log over to my alts every hour and finish the missions and assign them to new ones. After a week, every Tuesday. I go to the Trading post and convert all my resources into Draenor dust (Assuming the merchant is at least the one who has the 30 or lower conversion rate) open all of my salvage.

With this I pull in sometimes more, and sometimes a little less, than 100k in a week. And this is me lazying it only doing roughly 1 hour of playtime in a day. If I maximized it and got the Savage Blood and other prof buildings and actually played instead of mourn over the Mission table on all my chars, could easily pull in a lot more.

Gold this expansion is easy as shit to make. And the more level 100s you got the more gold you can get. With 4 level 100s it is great, I'm sure those with 11 on the same server make tons of it now.
    Last edited by sarym13; 2015-02-05 at 10:23 PM.

I agree with what a lot of people are saying about just stick to doing your garrisons on alts. Sure it gets tedious and boring to some people but between bots and AH players, Garrison is easily the easiest, imo.

All has been said in this thread. Best I can add is to stop hoarding mats and just hit the AH as soon as you can.

Got some proff mats lying around? Sell em in a day or two and move on. You can make money even while undercutting, because someone will just buy you out and put the stuff back again for their own profit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    All the gold I make I spend fast.. part of the game Just keep up professions, ah usage, and keep at it, you'll have enough gold in no time.

making 4k+ per day doing gold missions/item missions on 5 chars, add crate drops and its another 1-2k with potential for 665BoE, of which i just got my first one lol!!.

Deleted
    Running old raids and playing the AH.

Playing the AH is fun but its better to have a high gold income before you start it. I just lost about 30K+ on an item due to TSM not recognising it was heroic and listed it to undercut a normal BRF drop.........FML.

Have about 300K+ gold and another 100k in auctions after spending about 200k today on mounts.
    Last edited by mmoc6d00db7716; 2015-02-06 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    DMF decks are still pulling in several thousand a day. I do have 8 100s and another 6 91+ though. Most are scribes.