10+ Year Old Account

a question about amazon

so i've looked for an answer to this and cannot find one. i use amazon a lot because of the quick shipping. recently however it seems unless you buy a said item from amazon warehouse it takes anywhere from 7-24 days for a package to arrive if its within the u.s. and 24-50 days outside the u.s. there is no longer the option to select overnight, 2-day, or even 3-5 day shipping unless you choose expedited in which case the earliest seems to be 5-6 days and its as long as 14. i did find something about a deal with the usps and something about prime but nothing concrete on google or even amazon help. does anyone know if i'm overlooking something cause this quite frankly is bullshit.
    before it didn't matter what seller you choose.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

amazon can be tricky in a way like that, but we need more info. What do u want to buy? is it just a small item that doesnt need a good warranty? or something large.

as an example i bought some books off amazon.ca (canada) from on jan 14th, they arrived jan 21st. standard shipping not expedited or extra charge anything. that was from amazon.ca Inc. just for a reference.

Deleted
    It's just how it works afaik.

I ordered some stuff from China once and it took about three weeks (Working) to arrive by airmail.

Sucked it up and did it anyway.

Even ordering stuff U.K wise can take up to a week, unless you explicitly order it otherwise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you're buying something from a third party vendor that uses Amazon as a store front which probably means that they ship a lot slower than something coming from an Amazon warehouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    It's just how it works afaik.

I ordered some stuff from China once and it took about three weeks (Working) to arrive by airmail.

Sucked it up and did it anyway.

Even ordering stuff U.K wise can take up to a week, unless you explicitly order it otherwise.
    thats odd because whenever i ordered third party it always gave me the option of shipping it quickly. i didn't have amazon prime either. most of my purchases are video games and the occasional book that i can't find at our local bookstore. the only option that wouldn't come up with third party was overnight.
    Last edited by breadisfunny; 2015-02-05 at 05:35 AM.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Amazon acts as a third party storefront as well as sells their own products. The stuff you are talking about is being sold via third party and pays Amazon a commission which is why they are not bound by Amazons delivery standards. you want it in 2 days make sure it says Prime next to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Amazon acts as a third party storefront as well as sells their own products. The stuff you are talking about is being sold via third party and pays Amazon a commission which is why they are not bound by Amazons delivery standards. you want it in 2 days make sure it says Prime next to it.
    then why would it have offered that option when i didn't have prime when i ordered various items like it before? i understand the reason at this point i'm just not sure why previously they had an option for 2 day and 3-5 day shipping for third party sales when i didn't have prime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    then why would it have offered that option when i didn't have prime when i ordered various items like it before? i understand the reason at this point i'm just not sure why previously they had an option for 2 day and 3-5 day shipping for third party sales when i didn't have prime.
    Another thing to look for is the "Order fulfilled by Amazon" that would also give you the same shipping options as Amazon. My guess is the vendors tell Amazon how they ship and that is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Items shipped directly sold by Amazon will always have faster mail dates then items sold by Third parties.

A lot of people are under the impression that all of the items sold on Amazon, are sold by Amazon.
    i always thought that the option itself was there because the seller itself was willing to pay for the expedited shipping (hence the extra charges on my end for the extradited shipping.) and then amazon would reimburse them when they received the payment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Amazon is pretty consistently 2 days for me unless it's around Christmas.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    well the last item i went to order was a video game and the earliest shipping date was for expedited shipping on the 4th of feburary having ordered it on the 29th of january otherwise the earliest was feburary 11th. it was third party. amazon offered it for 18$ more+shipping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I was getting things next day instead of the usual 2 days around Christmas then again I live near a central hub.

Used to get things pretty quickly but now it takes a week, maybe six days. I am out in the middle of nowhere though. I can see thirty miles in every direction and I'm pretty much it.

I've always seen the same ordering options no matter what I've ordered. Could be a recent change. Was tempted to go Amazon prime with the 2 day shipping but I didn't want to spend the money.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i always thought that the option itself was there because the seller itself was willing to pay for the expedited shipping (hence the extra charges on my end for the extradited shipping.) and then amazon would reimburse them when they received the payment.
    I'm pretty sure it costs more to order expedited shipping from a 3rd party vendor. Unless they want to pay for it for you. 3rd party vendors don't always offer expedited shipping, so that is probably why it wasn't an option.

Deleted
    I don't buy from third parties so my deliveries are always within 24hrs. Then again I got Prime free for testing its beta

10+ Year Old Account
    As others have said, amazon is basically a go-between. They offer their PRIME service, which puts a free 2 day shipping option for MANY items, definitely not all, and definitely not for all storefronts.

For example, I am selling video games that fell off a truck, it's just me, so you won't be getting expediated shipping from me, but I do have an amazon storefront. Adamshadow on the other hand, also sells video games that fell off a truck, but he's a boss with 5-6 other people that are good at finding things that fall off trucks, and therefore always has someone "in the garbage" with a laptop and is able to ship out right away, they pay extra to have their items in the PRIME system.

You can look for something basic, a book for instance, and you'll probably see 12 vendors various prices all with PRIME and then another 10 without.