Demo and Destro AOE questons

Hey guys i had a few questions about how to handle pure AOE in these 2 specs
    Demo
    -if the mobs wont last long (IE H operator Thorgar/ H Beastlord) is it better to use Cata in caster for the shorter duration corruption?
    -Is it ever worth our time to use Hellfire in caster form
    -Is it ever worth our time to use Immo Aura in in Demon form

Destruction
    -Is Charred Remains viable? there is a buff inc and the one time i tried it my dps was super gimped i was thinking it might do well on fights like Operator and Beastlord.
    Last edited by Everlet; 2015-02-05 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlet View Post
    Hey guys i had a few questions about how to handle pure AOE in these 2 specs
    Demo
    -if the mobs wont last long (IE H operator Thorgar/ H Beastlord) is it better to use Cata in caster for the shorter duration corruption?
    -Is it ever worth our time to use Hellfire in caster form
    -Is it ever worth our time to use Immo Aura in in Demon form

Destruction
    -Is Charred Remains viable? there is a buff inc and the one time i tried it my dps was super gimped i was thinking it might do well on fights like Operator and Beastlord.
    In Demo other than multidotting Corruption/Doom and HoG/Cata you don't really have any AOE options so I'd wager that using Hellfire is worth it, same with Immo aura.

It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to scumbag dps and rank, use cata...otherwise, you shouldnt be using it. Building fury on tons of targets with HoG and then getting a lot more DB cycles will net you a lot more single target dps onto the boss. Sure your overall dps may suffer a bit, but you should be using your utility as demo to help your raid where you are supposed to: boss damage, or killing certain adds (ie. elementalists on furnace).

I still use Immo Aura/Hellfire on trash just cuz, but on bosses its useless to waste fury with it if you are DB speccd.
    Graviity

Quote Originally Posted by Gravityx View Post
    It depends on what you are trying to accomplish. If you want to scumbag dps and rank, use cata...otherwise, you shouldnt be using it. Building fury on tons of targets with HoG and then getting a lot more DB cycles will net you a lot more single target dps onto the boss. Sure your overall dps may suffer a bit, but you should be using your utility as demo to help your raid where you are supposed to: boss damage, or killing certain adds (ie. elementalists on furnace).

I still use Immo Aura/Hellfire on trash just cuz, but on bosses its useless to waste fury with it if you are DB speccd.
    You say things like this as if all raids are created equal. Cata has extremely high burst along with chaos wave/HoG, wrathstorm, and immo aura. There are tradeoffs, of course. Higher boss damage equals less damage on adds, and thus, adds stay up longer, damaging the raid and tanks alike. People who talk about "scumbagging" dps seem to think there is something wrong with doing high DPS. DPS is DPS and is almost always beneficial to the raid unless there is some gimmick where you don't want to kill adds too quickly or you need them to die really fast (single target). Unless your raid is full of amazing AOE, speccing DB on a fight like Operator is just plain ignorant. I went Cata and pulled almost 50k dps sustained when the next closest demo lock was at 35k DB. There is no such thing as scumbagging on fights like those. You're just doing your job.

I've also gota say it depends on your raid comp. We have very stong aoe in my raid, so im often going DB. I know on our H operator kill My single target MADE THE DIFFERENCE its was tight only 25% of the raid was up and i was second highest boss damage and the highest damage on the big add that needs to die. I think a huge mistake by most raids groups is seeing those big numbers but forgetting how important it is to have some chars who focus on downing important adds and the boss.

Agreed it depends on raid comp. Heavy AoE you will benefit the raid more not going Cata even though those heavy AoE players will have bigger numbers. If you are short on AoE go cata if it is a fight you need adds to melt. depending on how many adds there is fire and brimstone may be enough by itself since if there is enough adds it will actually build you embers so you can just spam the crap out of it and so great AoE damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Mavven View Post
    You say things like this as if all raids are created equal. Cata has extremely high burst along with chaos wave/HoG, wrathstorm, and immo aura. There are tradeoffs, of course. Higher boss damage equals less damage on adds, and thus, adds stay up longer, damaging the raid and tanks alike. People who talk about "scumbagging" dps seem to think there is something wrong with doing high DPS. DPS is DPS and is almost always beneficial to the raid unless there is some gimmick where you don't want to kill adds too quickly or you need them to die really fast (single target). Unless your raid is full of amazing AOE, speccing DB on a fight like Operator is just plain ignorant. I went Cata and pulled almost 50k dps sustained when the next closest demo lock was at 35k DB. There is no such thing as scumbagging on fights like those. You're just doing your job.
    If adds stay up longer and the healers are able to keep you up...then why is that a problem? Technically over the course of the fight there will actually be less healing, as the boss would die faster (if you focused single target).

Yes not all raids are equal, and in certain comps/situations you are correct. All I am saying is that boss dps is more beneficial in my opinion.
    Graviity