Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Whelp, I quit my job, broke up with my girlfriend, and moved to Japan

I'm writing this from the airport right now; I'm about to move to Tokyo for hopefully a long time. I've quit my job, sold all my possessions, broken up with my girlfriend, and now I'm about to get on a plane to Tokyo.

There's a lot of thing you guys don't know for sure about me, because in the interest in self-preservation I try and keep mmo-champion at arm's length. I can't even talk about remotely personal things on mmo-champion without it getting taken out of context and coming bite me in the ass IRL. I'm not sure why everyone is so spiteful and vengeful, but I guess that's just the way things are. Anyway, now that I'm closing this chapter of my life it's safe to reveal what's been going on.

I quit my job. Yes I worked at Facebook. The evidence was insurmountable, I'm surprised so many of you believed I didn't work there. Why did I lie about it? Two reasons... The first is that for some reason so many of you think I somehow owe you something or have nothing better to do but spend all my time doing you favors. "Wahhh! ItsXolo, can you show me this girl's profile?" "Wahhh! ItsXolo I lost my Facebook password!" "Wah! ItsXolo, Facebook chat sucks!" "Wah! ItsXolo, You should make a dislike button!" "Wah! ItsXolo, I sent a message to a girl but it was embarrassing and I want to delete it from her inbox!" I don't care. I don't have the time, motive, means, or interest to help you with your petty antisocial internet problems. Deal with it on your own. The second reason is that mmo-champion has a handful of psycho crazy people with a vendetta against everyone in the world. I decided it would be best to excise that liability, so about two years ago I created the lie that I worked in consulting. Probably only half of you guys were fooled, but it at least cut down on idiotic requests (I only get maybe 1 request a week now).

I worked about Facebook for just shy of 4 years before leaving. It was fun, and I was doing very very well for myself, but I'm just too comfortable in the states. I need a new place to be with new people to meet and new things to get good at. Complacency leads straight inferiority.

I don't have time to finish this post before my plane leaves, unfortunately. When I get settled in I will answer questions and continue telling this story.

This is not a troll topic, all of this is serious.

I'm very confused by this post. But I did laugh. I think the fact I have no clue who you are and that you have 36 posts to your name really adds to the funny here.

So, someone with 36 Posts in 1 1/2 Years thinks he is some kind of MMO-C famous person who is beloved by us all.
    huh.

Have fun in Japan, I hope you find peace there.

Do you have a job ready there or will you have to search for one?

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on hitting my midlife crisis when I'm in my mid forties. What the hell is a face book?
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

15+ Year Old Account
    It might not be a troll post, but you're clearly lying... Or having a mental breakdown.

Deleted
    What a shame OP.

That picture has google image hits back

I kind of had my hopes someone really did freak out like this.

EDIT; Actually wrong damn

Quote Originally Posted by ItsXolo View Post
    **tears**
    tl;dr some nobody thinks he's somebody and that people will actually care about his life story.
    • Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
      Fashion magazines not trying to appeal to men is misogyny.
    • lol

Deleted
    Slight issue that no-one here actually knows who you are....

Who the fuck are you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    Who the fuck are you?
    I heard he is really big in Japan. Never heard of him though.
    Reminder to self, this is what your dealing with on mmo-c ot
    Incidentally, I have no issue with deceiving stupid people.
    I consider anyone right of Obama to be stupid, actually.

Good luck, Japan can be very off with foreigners

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    It's totally worth it to leave everything behind for that sweet otaku life.

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck is that LAVERDET/MARCEL thing?
    Google has an interesting result about it, I think.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taking bets on how long he survives.

Deleted
    Godspeed you crazy bastard, godspeed.

Started reading... Confused so scroll phone up a bit to see name... Kept reading... Still confuse at context so scroll back up to see post count... Even more confuse so finish reading... Tried not to giggle too much since I'm on the train and people would think I'm crazy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruargh
    I'm baffled that something this simple can be so hard for some people... I guess we can't blame blizzard for dumbing down the game any longer, because apparently it very much needed :

Deleted
    Lmao, who the fuck even are you? Should I know? This is weird.

Have you ever done research on this before hand? Have you ever Been to Japan? Do you know anything about its language? I am sorry, but from what I can read, this is a very stupid idea. You were doing good for yourself, and were comfortable, but gave it all up? That just isn't all that great. Seems like you moved on a whim. Hope you enjoy it there and don't end up in an area that is unkind to foreigners. Oh, and I hope you did some research on the place at least and know what to expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeafmuncher View Post
    It's totally worth it to leave everything behind for that sweet otaku life.
    From what I read, most Japanese actually do not like otaku's.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

10+ Year Old Account
    [Oh, dear. I hope he knows about the differences between high context and low context cultures.]

Have fun, and good luck!
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch out for giant robot invasion and tentacles coming out from sewers.