Prot Paly and threat.

So I recently just came back to my Paly alt and have been working him up as a tank gear wise. Gearing slowly thru heroic dungeons and follower quest. I decided to give LFR a try and tank it to see how I perform in an almost raid environment. I went in with a 641 ilvl thinking, hey this shouldnt be too bad. Had a warrior tank with about the same ilvl as I did. Pulled trash, not much of an issue. Got to kargath. he said he would take first impale. Not a problem. So he gets his stack of impale and /w me to taunt. Ok, sure. So I taunt. 3 secs later, boss is back on him. So I taunt him back again. Same thing...lose threat 3-4 secs later again. He /w me asking if I was going to taunt n hold aggro. I taunted a 3rd time and again, he stole the threat. I seem to not be able to buold threat if another tank is on him. Now I figured maybe this guy was being a dick and continued to dps hard. So the next wing of LFR, I get a DK tank to go with. Had the same thing happen with Tec, and Ko. I could not hold threat. Thinking was the same deal as before, I tried LFR Imp. Had another warrior tank. Same thing is happening on that boss. I /w him to stop his dps till I get some threat being as I have not been holding threat before that well. He was nice and stopped. Now, he taunted the add on Imp. All he said he did was TC, revenge, and HS. How was he able to pull threat from me with just cleave attacks? Am I just doing something wrong or are paly tanks just getting shitty threat gen? I've talked to other Paly tanks and they have said similar things are happening to them. Does anyone have some solutions that I could try? Or is this a bug that Blizz is working on?

Sanctified Wrath is your friend if you have threat issues.

Step 1 would be to make sure you have righteous fury on.

Beyond that, I'd save a SoTR and maybe an Avenging Wrath for right when you taunt. Remember when you taunt you shoot up to the highest threat so use some big damaging abilities to get some space during that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marolen View Post
    Step 1 would be to make sure you have righteous fury on.

Beyond that, I'd save a SoTR and maybe an Avenging Wrath for right when you taunt. Remember when you taunt you shoot up to the highest threat so use some big damaging abilities to get some space during that time.
    Prot Paladins don't have Avenging Wrath any more. The rest of your statement is correct though, you want to chain your hardest hitting abilities straight after a taunt. All threat you make is increased by 100% for a couple of seconds after a taunt so you want to mash those hard hitting buttons - if you spec Sanctified Wrath then Holy Wrath tends to hit stupidly hard.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Prot Paladins don't have Avenging Wrath any more. The rest of your statement is correct though, you want to chain your hardest hitting abilities straight after a taunt. All threat you make is increased by 100% for a couple of seconds after a taunt so you want to mash those hard hitting buttons - if you spec Sanctified Wrath then Holy Wrath tends to hit stupidly hard.
    Yeah I meant Holy Wrath not Avenging Wrath LOL. My bad.

use hand of salv to freeze the other tanks thread, write a macro quick and use it after every taunt

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aarrok View Post
    So I recently just came back to my Paly alt and have been working him up as a tank gear wise. Gearing slowly thru heroic dungeons and follower quest. I decided to give LFR a try and tank it to see how I perform in an almost raid environment. I went in with a 641 ilvl thinking, hey this shouldnt be too bad. Had a warrior tank with about the same ilvl as I did. Pulled trash, not much of an issue. Got to kargath. he said he would take first impale. Not a problem. So he gets his stack of impale and /w me to taunt. Ok, sure. So I taunt. 3 secs later, boss is back on him. So I taunt him back again. Same thing...lose threat 3-4 secs later again. He /w me asking if I was going to taunt n hold aggro. I taunted a 3rd time and again, he stole the threat. I seem to not be able to buold threat if another tank is on him. Now I figured maybe this guy was being a dick and continued to dps hard. So the next wing of LFR, I get a DK tank to go with. Had the same thing happen with Tec, and Ko. I could not hold threat. Thinking was the same deal as before, I tried LFR Imp. Had another warrior tank. Same thing is happening on that boss. I /w him to stop his dps till I get some threat being as I have not been holding threat before that well. He was nice and stopped. Now, he taunted the add on Imp. All he said he did was TC, revenge, and HS. How was he able to pull threat from me with just cleave attacks? Am I just doing something wrong or are paly tanks just getting shitty threat gen? I've talked to other Paly tanks and they have said similar things are happening to them. Does anyone have some solutions that I could try? Or is this a bug that Blizz is working on?
    Avenger's Shield and SotR probably generate the most threat, seeing as you are basically spamming both of those there shouldnt be a problem. It sounds silly but make sure you have Righteous Fury on. If you are using Holy Shield, it doesnt generate alot of threat on one particular target, and does no threat if the boss isnt hitting you.

Make sure you are using [For SingleTarget] AS (GCProc) > CS > Judge > AS > HoW > Consecration > Holy Wrath. Im pretty sure some guides keep Avenger Shield in the same order regardless of proc or not but it pains me inside to see CS overwrite a GC proc