Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Being tied to the 'slot' and not the 'item' is the one that I want the most, and have wanted since day 1 of xmog.

Because when you start leveling at the beginning of an expac or whatever, you take your xmog look that you've created and watch it get piece-mealed out into more and random crap slapped on while you level, because many won't waste gold to xmog some leveling green that you will be replacing in an hour, especially with the "vendor value = xmog cost" inflation in current 91+ gear.

The being able to swap looks on the fly in the field, meh, care less about that, because it isn't like I swap the xmog looks very often. I swapped my Pally from his T4 w/ Hammer of Naaru to Heroic T10 with Torch of the Damned after questing in Draenor and running alongside Maraad, since it felt awkward looking just like him. Other than that, I haven't had any desire to swap the sets I had built for most of my characters, other than the fact they are in leveling shit so none of them are currently IN a xmog set. (Again, I have wanted #1 since the beginning)

As to the item turning into a D3 style system of simple drop downs, I suspect that will be coming anyway at some point.

My wish list:

1. Ability to turn off shoulders!
    2. X-Mog "models" account wide and permanent(like toys). Farming up the same xmog item twice seems unnecessary, redundant, not fun....
    3. Character bound - IE: I set my weapon to always appear to be X even if I equip an upgrade(this would negate the need to have a more convenient way to xmog as I don't really have a problem visiting a vendor to xmog)
    4. Many more hard to get xmog only sets, also with more themes

Xmog is a pretty awesome part of the game. Would love to see it expanded and improved.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Sorry, but not a fan of this. When I RP, I'll often quickly swap between outfits, change helms, ect. If slots get transmogged, that makes this completely undo-able. No thanks.

Honestly, all that needs to be done with transmog is give it the D3 setup.

And with your modified one, I can hear the heroic/mythic raiders and high-level PvPers complaining about people running lower level raids/basic PvP gear and unlocking the higher-tier coloured models.
    In LotrO, they solved this problem by letting you swap costume appearances whenever the hell you want, so you could have multiple outfits to switch on the fly in the UI but without the hassle of carrying around all those items.

Agree with OP mostly.

1. Absolutely! To some of us transmogging is equivalent of exclusive top raid tier gear/elite pvp gear or getting any new gear. Some people play to progress raid, others to transmog. Blizz already removed the need to have to visit npc to equip a new piece, via removing reforging, most enchants, gemslots and extra slots/spots on gear. So catering to all the people who acquire new raid and pvp gear to be able to equip it immediately, but not transmoggers? I want to keep my look, i don't give a rats ass about what stats the gear has as long as it's not hindering me too much like wearing level 60 stuff on level 100, but 15 ilvl upgrade difference doesn't mean a god damn thing if i have to run to npc and transmog it, i'll change that upgrade on sometime in the future when i'm at the npc, not when i'm doing whatever i'm doing. What does matter is looking the way i want to, if i happen to come across new gear piece i'm still going to equip it, but i don't want to loose the looks over it and have to visit town, specially like when leveling.

2. Sort of continuation to my point in 1. Able to keep the look up, but if it's character bound instead of item, this is already redundant. But this would come in necessary for like changing entire transmog sets on the fly, for purposes like roleplay. Just like we now have the item sets with a push of a button you can change from tank gear to dps gear as long as you keep both updated, but similar system for transmogs would be handy where you can create sets and then change them via shortcut. You can already spam these item sets out of combat, and people don't discoball them so transmogs wouldn't highly be any different in the "abuse" section. Maybe the same restriction of out of combat could apply here so people don't bind them to spell macros.

3. This i'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing, it would make the life much more simpler and farming mogs easier and faster, but at the same time, if farming mogs is the main thing you do in the game, it would take out an entire focus path out of the game. I myself currently don't do much else in the game, i spent about 5 days a week farming transmogs and mounts, there's some current content daily chores to be done too, but 80-90% of weekly game time is spent in old instances farming stuff, this would drastically lower that playtime.

4. Continuation from other points in the thread. The legendaries, make this happen, i spent 5,5 years on obtaining both warglaives and would very much like to use them. Well i do, but even though the ilvl doesn't matter it would be nice if they were actually more useful in current level 100 content than wearing basically nothing, regardles of ilvl you still have to fight mobs, since that's what the game is about. When the legendaries were current content that was their time to shine and the people that had them then had their time in the glory, wearing 7 year old legendaries now doesn't take away anyone's hard progress labor back then anymore. The "legendaries are supposed to be rare", really, are they really rare now that every single person can obtain them and wear them in their bank. I don't see what's rare about that. If everyone wanted to run around with shadowmourne they pretty much could if they didn't care about stats, having lower stats is the only reason people don't do that now, not because it's rare to have one.

And on a side note, it's not like this is some magical necessity to keep as a gold sink, that it even really is not.
    Transmoggers farming old content can pretty much obtain a month worth of transmogging fees across all characters in gold by simply doing only one xmog run on one toon, so all in all the "gold sink" fees are a fraction of what you gain from the runs themselves, so where's the sink? It's actually a sideproduct of making gold instead of spending it, if you acquire transmogs, quite the opposite of sink.
    Your profit can easily reach 4 digits with one run and if you have any luck, trading and ah skills you can even reach 5 digit numbers. That's quite of lot of mogging fees. In that sense the current fee justification doesn't make any sense.
    Last edited by Redecle; 2015-02-15 at 02:29 AM.

Deleted
    As already mentioned on the first page.... switching to the Lotro transmog system would be awesome (imho)!