Deleted

Question Is it worth, doing Spinning crane kick on Iron Maidens?

Hey Monks,
    I ran a few Sims and I saw that it is a dps increase when you cast Spinning crane kick instead of Jab for building Chi in a three enemy fight. So since Iron Maidens are gathered most of the fight it should be a dps increase then?!

Its a video game man, do what makes you happy.
    I'm sure everyone would agree. As long as you are having fun, there is no wrong way to play!
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

7+ Year Old Account
    I think without further information (spec/talents/glyphs) that's hard to say. But for BrM you should go Rushing Jade Wind anyway and for WW I find that hard to believe. The majority of WW's damage comes from auto-attacks and chi spenders. SCK would have to hit like a truck to compensate for that.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I'm sure everyone would agree. As long as you are having fun, there is no wrong way to play!
    He's come here for dps advice, not hippy nonsense.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Most of the top logs for Maidens I looked at did not use spinning crane kick or rushing jade wind. Instead they used Jab as a Chi Builder, ChiEx as a spender, and most importantly, had very good utilization of Fists of Fury. At our current energy regen levels we can't sustain RJW while still running ChiEx to good effect.

Deleted
    I played maidens with RJW and ChiX and it worked perfectly fine; currently sitting at 1060~ haste rating.

I don't think you should use SCK on 3 targets for extended periods of time. You cut your chi generation in half, severely limiting your TEB generation. The bigger one I think is that SCK can not proc combo breakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    I think without further information (spec/talents/glyphs) that's hard to say. But for BrM you should go Rushing Jade Wind anyway and for WW I find that hard to believe. The majority of WW's damage comes from auto-attacks and chi spenders. SCK would have to hit like a truck to compensate for that.
    If you're on boat duty Xuen aligns perfectly with going up. Having Xuen and ToD up for each boat phase helps more then mediocre cleave with RjW in my opinion, and you're doing enough cleave with KS and CE (which you should use on this fight, nothing hits remotely hard enough to warrant serenity). Ofc, I only did faceroll normal so far, since EU was f***ed on Thursday and we hopped in normal on Friday to check out the bosses before we push further in on HC. HC might prove to be a whole different beast, although with regards to this specific talent choice I can't see much changing.
    Free speech covers everything, except arguing against free speech. You can not use a concept as an argument against itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khazaad View Post
    If you're on boat duty Xuen aligns perfectly with going up. Having Xuen and ToD up for each boat phase helps more then mediocre cleave with RjW in my opinion, and you're doing enough cleave with KS and CE (which you should use on this fight, nothing hits remotely hard enough to warrant serenity). Ofc, I only did faceroll normal so far, since EU was f***ed on Thursday and we hopped in normal on Friday to check out the bosses before we push further in on HC. HC might prove to be a whole different beast, although with regards to this specific talent choice I can't see much changing.
    Good point, I haven't considered that. My co-tank went onto the boats and I stayed with the maidens the whole time, so sustained AoE (i.e. RJW) was more helpful for me. But I can see how Xuen is the better choice if you're on boat duty.

BTW: stupid instance servers on Thursday. Wanted to do Iron Docks Challenge Mode Gold that evening...
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

I managed around 55k which seemed pretty decent running Xuen, and not using SCK

ChiEX+Asc+Xuen for Maidens for sure. Don't SCK on 2/3 targets, it's THE encounter to make the most use out of SEF and starving your resources by pumping out SCK is a significant DPS loss on this encounter. Every top parse is without SCK.

Deleted
    ok thank you for the answers

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Nice way to advertise, posting useless shit in threads that have nothing to do with anything in the thread. Reported

OT: For me it makes most sense to use Jab + ChiEx because using only sck you get so much less chi for the energy you spend and that way you can not get many chi explosion/rsk uses as you would with jab.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiaojin View Post
    Good point, I haven't considered that. My co-tank went onto the boats and I stayed with the maidens the whole time, so sustained AoE (i.e. RJW) was more helpful for me. But I can see how Xuen is the better choice if you're on boat duty.

BTW: stupid instance servers on Thursday. Wanted to do Iron Docks Challenge Mode Gold that evening...
    Tbh I'd argue against using Xuen on boat if your DPS is good enough. More than likely the add on boat won't live long enough for Xuen to expire + Touch of Death eradicates it.

Save Xuen for cleave on platform.

Besides, you're not sustaining AOE the whole time. A large portion of time (if you stay on platform) is spent only 2 targets, due to one Maiden running to the boat. Xuen has passive cleave and melee, definitely an upgrade. You can fit in like, 4 Xuen's during the encounter too, two of which line up with Pot/On Use Trinkets too.

TL;DR take Xuen as Brewmaster for this fight. Watch your big dick damage soar.
    Last edited by mmocf25b20f6e2; 2015-02-08 at 01:39 PM.