Theatre Troupe, guild or otherwise?

A few questions motivated by curiosity - are theatre troupes popular or existent on RP servers? As in, groups that put on plays, be they reenactments of famous events, stories of the players' own creation, or otherwise. Are there any specific guilds (on any US server, specifically) that do this kind of thing? And lastly, is there any interest in these performances from RP server communities at large?

There's been a few such guilds on Argent Dawn EU, but the only one left to my knowledge is The Fablewind Faire on Alliance side, that beside special appearences, such as on markets, have a weekly one hour show which is fairly popular.

They mostly do songs, but from time to time they have acts of other character, such as sketches, contortionists, animal tricks, illusions e.t.c, on a few occasions they have even sat up small plays too.
    Last edited by Bertel Wobblespring; 2015-05-08 at 11:16 AM.

On my home server, Wyrmrest Accord, we have a guild named the Tirisfal Theatre Troupe (Horde, obviously) which routinely puts on plays in the Ruins of Lordaeron. Their plays tend to be comedy versions of lore events (e.g., the last play they put on is one that`s fairly known on our server, Hellsqueal).

I hope this helps in your search!