Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

1.5 Second GCD is to high for Fistweaving

Hi all i was just wondering on everyone thoughts on the current crane stance right now i feel like the idea of actually using it viably is not really working.
    I feel like it's major downfall is the time it takes to get one jab off, It feels very clunky ATM i thought the point of making fist-weaving a stance was to make it focus more towards damage not healing but instead you get really sub par numbers.

I even gave it a shot in PVP and well that didn't work either. I've seen a lot of great mist weavers and the forum has anyone created a rotation that works?

Quote Originally Posted by Speshil View Post
    The numbers are as high or low as Blizzard intends to totally. Why do you care whether it is 1Sec GCD with smaller valuer or 1,5 GCD with bigger values.
    Personally it's more fun and fluid, usually. It's the main reason I don't play some classes, notably casters, Warriors and Rets. For me 1.5s is just far too slow and classes that have haste changing the GCD means it's going to be shit at the start and then okay nearer the end of an expansion - then repeat.

Classes that have two different GCDs (Monks) or changing GCDs with Haste just feel weird. I can't enjoy Mistweaver atm, so I simply don't play it and stick with WW.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2015-02-06 at 05:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The numbers are as high or low as Blizzard intends to totally. Why do you care whether it is 1Sec GCD with smaller valuer or 1,5 GCD with bigger values. .
    Because 3 seconds for 2 jabs is insane. I know it'll get better with gear and what not but by the time i switch stance 1.5 seconds and get two jabs i wasted 4.5 seconds thats huge time waste.

If they lowered the GCD for MW they would nerf things to adjust for it. It wouldn't magically be better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    If they lowered the GCD for MW they would nerf things to adjust for it. It wouldn't magically be better.
    It'd feel better, like it did before

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    How so? Mist-weavers aren't in a overpowered spot when it comes to damage? The whole idea of crane stance is to switch when there's little healing needed to go out meaning a situational time where you can freely burst by every 1 second spent on your 1.5 second jabs/expel you waste and extra jab opportunity. Timing is everything in Raids and in PVP but when you are spending most of your time in GCD's it makes the class feel clunky. in all fairness the healing spells should be on the 1.5 gcd because we aren't the special snowflake healer. I like having RsK but why give us more buttons if we can't even press all of them within a clutch period. I hope i explained a little better. We are also the only melee healer dps wise.

Deleted
    I literally quit the game because of the 1.5 second gcd, shit idea to get rid of the only 1 sec GCD healer

Quote Originally Posted by Reglitch View Post
    I literally quit the game because of the 1.5 second gcd, shit idea to get rid of the only 1 sec GCD healer
    ye me2, orbs made me quit as well.

Power strikes somewhat makes it more bearable, but it remains mind-numbing yeah...

There is also CJL to generate Chi faster in Crane, but it's so low damage, high mana cost and the wrong choice in 99 situations out of 100...

Get 33% haste, problem solved.

the gcd cap is at 50% haste, learn 2 how haste works

7+ Year Old Account
    I've seen 33% thrown around a bit actually, where did people even pull that number from?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brolibear!
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    Ladies know and love his caaaaaause! It is the Panda with the Chainsaw claaaaaws!

Hmm... just assumed it was 33% since 0.5 seconds is 33% of 1.5. I guess they hard coded GCD reduction to not follow the correct %? Although I guess it's still nice to be around 30% since my Shards of Nothing gives 18% haste.

The numbers are as high or low as Blizzard intends to totally. Why do you care whether it is 1Sec GCD with smaller valuer or 1,5 GCD with bigger values.

I mostly use Fistweaving for Soloing. When tried healing, I failed normal Dungeons even (although DPS was comparable to that of DPS specs) << Mythic Raider

If you like low GCDs, check back next tier with more Haste on gear - Haste reduces the GCD. This is espeshil challenging during BloodLustp hases.
    I healed heroics while Fistweaving 95% of the dungeon in ilvl 610-615 gear. I didn't mindlessly DPS like a Disc Priest in MoP, but I did fine for the most part.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Hmm... just assumed it was 33% since 0.5 seconds is 33% of 1.5. I guess they hard coded GCD reduction to not follow the correct %? Although I guess it's still nice to be around 30% since my Shards of Nothing gives 18% haste.
    Haste does not work like this. 50% haste means you will cast 50% more of that spell in X amount of seconds, not that the cast time is halved. In 9s you can (with 1.5 sec GCD) use 6 abilities, increase that by 50% and you get 9; 1 sec GCD.

Haste for spells and haste for GCD works the same way.
    Last edited by Segus1992; 2015-02-07 at 04:41 PM.

Oh that makes sense. I was thinking decreasing for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Oh that makes sense. I was thinking decreasing for some reason.
    Well to be fair, your way of thinking would make the most sense (it's the logical assumption), but I guess Blizzard made Haste work this way so that if you by chance reach 100% Haste, you won't start casting everything instantly.

On the contrary, this implimentation of haste makes more sense that what Jomnnus was suggesting. Haste increases the speed with which you get through a cast, as suggested by the name "haste". The alternative is decreasing the "distance" you have to cover, which doesn't make sense at all - it would be like "Usain Bolt is a really fast 100m runner, he finishes it in 50m!".
    BreweRyge: Adds a resource meter for Brewmaster brews, as if they were on a rage- or energy-type system.
    Hidden Artifact Tracker: Adds your progress on unlocking the extra tints for your hidden artifact appearance to the item tooltip.

Quote Originally Posted by Yxiomel View Post
    On the contrary, this implimentation of haste makes more sense that what Jomnnus was suggesting. Haste increases the speed with which you get through a cast, as suggested by the name "haste". The alternative is decreasing the "distance" you have to cover, which doesn't make sense at all - it would be like "Usain Bolt is a really fast 100m runner, he finishes it in 50m!".
    Right well what I was saying was that the logical assumption with a percentage number for finishing casts/GCDs quicker would be that it removes that percentage, not that you'd have to think backwards to figure it out.

10+ Year Old Account
    As it's a melee fighting stance, it's entirely too slow. I'm only using it on downtime to generate tea stacks, and I see tons of people grasping at straws trying to find some magical combination of the 4.5 buttons a Fistweaver can use to make it viable, but you wont. It only "worked" on the Butcher because it was actually doing better than it was supposed to, and is getting nerfed because of that. It's too niche, and I don't think it's design philosophy is ever going to work, really. Nobody wants a shitty healer/dps combo, and anyone who's actually claiming to get it working is just straining their fellow healers or they're not necessary on the fight.

Deleted
    I wouldnt mind flat nerfs to rsk or bok if it meant a 1 second global. Would also like to see the actual stance change put on a .5 second global. Even if it meant a penalty like 1 chi to swap or a mana cost.

Don't want it buffed. Just fun gameplay and fluid switching and it can stay where it's at. Low gcd would open up fistweaving for short periods of low damage like 15-20 second windows