Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duster505 View Post
    It sounds to me that the BRF is very much overtuned and the result could be catastrophic for Blizzard. New players coming in will suffer most. And thats why we see these expansions loose subs after launch. Blizzard forgets that those players that couldn't play from start and those players will always have to suffer it the entire expansion. So ofc they don't show up... and if they do... they quit right away.
    You're saying "players that can't play" will leave. So from the tone of your comment it seems Blizzard should be the one fixing the situation by making content too easy, and chasing away the other part of the population who seek challenging content, instead of "players who can't play" putting some effort in the game they play.

Something that I've wanted to say for a long time, there are guilds with disabled people in them.
    Last one I've found was 100% deaf guild with 3/7 Mythic progress in Highmaul. There's a reason voice comm programs are important part of raiding.
    There's a guild with 1/7 Mythic progress that has one 100% blind player that's being helped by audio cues and some target-of-target macros etc.
    These are guilds with MYTHIC progress!
    And then there's people who are whining they can't do Normal, or that LFR is their "end game progress". How someone isn't deeply ashamed to say he, as a fully functioning person, can't do what someone who is more or less heavily impaired, is beyond me.

Quote Originally Posted by Moogled View Post
    Last one I've found was 100% deaf guild with 3/7 Mythic progress in Highmaul. There's a reason voice comm programs are important part of raiding.
    There's a guild with 1/7 Mythic progress that has one 100% blind player that's being helped by audio cues and some target-of-target macros etc.
    Really? This is awesome if true. Where can I follow their progress?

Quote Originally Posted by cuppycake View Post
    "Your heirloom items will all be grandfathered into whichever group is appropriate, with previous maximum levels being upgraded. This means that if you have an heirloom item that previously maxed out at level 85, it will now max out at 90."

Items grandfathered in will get a boost not a nerf.
    Of course you miss it. The 1-85 heirlooms unlock the 1-90 upgrades. The 1-80 only unlock the 1-60
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I gave it a fair shot but overall things are just too complex now, nothing really enjoyable about wiping 20 times for 3 hours on Oregorger in normal mode. I have to assume I'm just a bad player, but in a weird way it's freed me from the yoke of raiding. I understand and support the challenge that real raiders deserve. I accept Blizzard's vision for their game. It's just way, way too much for me, so I'll be personally bowing out of it and the game. Take care everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Lockula View Post
    The golem might be in the similar style as the hearthstone mount. Hopefully it will be to complete x number of games, and not be required to win them all.
    Yeah I hope so. As a total Hearthstone noob, getting eaten alive by experienced players with tons of expensive cards was about the most un-fun thing I've ever played.
    No surrender! 70 Vanguard - The Star Forge

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    100% legally blind?

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    People has forgotten how it was to have more than one raid relevant at a time it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    numberwise those fights are very similiar - at least for healers - dmg incoming is very similiar on both - i facerolled it too on 675+ toons in main raid but thats not the gear u should be doin normal in - it should be tuned for 650 max - but blizzard went away from it for whatever reason.

maybe because they know that there is nothing else in game to do expet for raiding and thats why they are forcing players to "progress" who were never interested in progression - those players for whom flex was designed for and so prudly bragged how much succes it was - how come that it could work perfeckly in SoO and cant work at all in WoD - what caused devs to change their mind - what was the cause of 180 degree turn toward what was pre SoO. that is what interest me most.
    Do you realize that Flex is now baseline? Both Normal and Heroic are capable of flexing. And current normal difficulty is the same as the original flex difficulty when they introduced it - they moved everything down one. Heroic is technically the old normal difficulty. So normal raiding is actually easier now. Also, the players who "have no interest in progression" are not raiding to begin with. Raiding is progression. There is no way around it. Someone who is sincerely "not interested in progression" is going to do LFR and nothing above it, since that is just a tour of the content.
    And Gruul is incredibly easy. He is definitely the loot piñata of BRF. He is maybe harder than Heroic Kargath, but even that is a bit of a stretch. There's no way he's harder than any other Heroic Highmaul boss, though. Now, Oregorger is definitely a stupid boss, but that is due to dumb mechanics, not numbers.
    Last edited by Jasper Kazai; 2015-02-07 at 09:49 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    People has forgotten how it was to have more than one raid relevant at a time it seems.
    Most people didnt even play during this time, let alone raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    pseudo content (garrison)..

no-functional pvp (ashran)..

overtuned pve (brf)..

WELCOME TO CATA!
    we still need patches containing only recycled dungeons; and a very disapointing endboss/endraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiroh View Post
    I know there was one blind guy who raided, his friend guiding him on where to move and whatnot. That might be the same guy. He even has an item named after him (or his friend?) in the game, Davidian's All-Seeing Eyes, with the flavor text, "Sharp enough to see for two men."

EDIT: I went and checked, that was the friend's item. The blind guy's is Hexu's Amplifying Helm, with the flavor text, "A man with a friend is never without vision."
    Last edited by Dome Fossil; 2015-02-08 at 05:51 AM.

You're saying "players that can't play" will leave. So from the tone of your comment it seems Blizzard should be the one fixing the situation by making content too easy, and chasing away the other part of the population who seek challenging content, instead of "players who can't play" putting some effort in the game they play.

Something that I've wanted to say for a long time, there are guilds with disabled people in them.
    And then there's people who are whining they can't do Normal, or that LFR is their "end game progress". How someone isn't deeply ashamed to say he, as a fully functioning person, can't do what someone who is more or less heavily impaired, is beyond me.
    This has nothing to do about a blind guy. This has to do with ppl that couldn't play from start of this expansion for many different reasons. It has nothing to do with being good or bad players - but the simple fact of decent item curve. Most players don't want to be carried trough content. And neither do they want to have to play many tiers of outdated content that most are bored of death with.

Deleted

Thumbs up

You're mistaking *progress* for *faceroll*. If you have 7/7 Normal with mostly Normal gear, you should also have a HC piece or two from garrison, then you can go into BRF Normal without any major problems, but you'll PROGRESS on those fights. Expect 10-20-30 pulls to get the mechanics down and maybe a lucky break.
    My guild has ~660 average ilvl and we killed most of bosses in 1-3 tries, except Thogar and Furnace which were 9 and 12. That's NOT progress. That's faceroll.

So blue explanation is nowhere near idiotic. If you're HM normal geared you'll be killing wing starter bosses for a week or two to get some gear, including maybe HC HM if that's your thing, and then after few weeks you'll be able to snatch a few wing end bosses. That's what it means to progress.

Buy you want to walk in there with ilvl655 and just stroll through wings? Nope. And that's how it should be. Because again, progress. If you want to walk through wings, there's LFR.
    That's the first time I saw Flex being qualified as progress.. 10-30 attempts per boss? If that's true, what they did this expansion was destroy not one, but both difficulties that existed for casuals/ pugs.

Not to mention, those 'heroic' gear pieces are very heavily timegated and take some investment in the table-clicking game. Same with making money for covering the repair costs for those whose guild doesn't cover those.

Where does one queue for this LFR version of BRF though? I'd welcome something new to see.

Most players don't want to be carried trough content. And neither do they want to have to play many tiers of outdated content that most are bored of death with.
    Basically. Especially not if the content is thematically the serving of oat porridge that Highmaul feels like, although opinions may vary on that.
    Last edited by mmoc14a888ba76; 2015-02-08 at 09:12 PM.

Why does Blood dk get all the fun stuff from all lvl 100 talents??? Wtf? They're not enought blood tank already?!

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Milk View Post
    Where does one queue for this LFR version of BRF though? I'd welcome something new to see.
    I imagine you're being sarcastic, but LFR is coming later. They are staggering the releases. Highmaul's LFR was released later too, but it didn't seem that way since a lot of people were still in the process of leveling.

Deleted
    I really like how you fight eachother, but the facts are facts....

above 80% kill on hc is at 680 gear
    above 80% kill on normal is at 672 gear

and the bosses drop 665 items on normal.
    So why the f. I go there if already have got the same itemlevel...

BRF is a fail, beacuse this is not a new tier... the min. itemlevel for flex raids need to be 636-640....
    Becuase Blizzard said at the end of MoP: flex mode will be optinal... SO WTF is this now?

Nowadays people think normal raids are the base and heroic is the big progress... and they don't even think about Mythic...
    It's like most of the people just gave up the real heroic content... LFR-N-HC-My are just time sink, N-HC is the way...
    Last edited by mmocfd328e0b6e; 2015-02-11 at 10:30 AM.