combat rogue haste cap?

Is there one?

Currently playing combat spec and tuned everything for haste (gems, enchants). Is there a cap where haste will no longer provide a dps gain for single target?

I know multistrike is the second best stat after haste, but my multistrike is quite low...will my dps be better if it was more evened out? For single target and/or aoe fights?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Deleted
    You can never have too much haste

I recommend simming you char to see values for haste and multistrike for 1 target, 2 targets etc.

Deleted
    Haste caps usually involve gcd reductions, as far as I know there's no reason not to stack haste until it stops being the highest valued secondary stat. Remember haste has many uses as a combat rogue, it affects most everything we do, one of the most important ones being higher AR/DI uptime through increased energy regen.

If we see it this expansion, it won't be for a long time. What you need to worry about haste is when you are capping energy under adrenaline rush every cast of sinister strike. And, tbh, you can fix a lot of that by not pooling energy before AR. You can also hold AR until bloodlust ends if you would be casting at with lust happening (This is currently a no no UNLESS you are blade flurrying and are not capping energy).

Quote Originally Posted by Athonel View Post
    If we see it this expansion, it won't be for a long time. What you need to worry about haste is when you are capping energy under adrenaline rush every cast of sinister strike. And, tbh, you can fix a lot of that by not pooling energy before AR. You can also hold AR until bloodlust ends if you would be casting at with lust happening (This is currently a no no UNLESS you are blade flurrying and are not capping energy).
    That's a lot of wasted CD reduction from finishers you could have on your AR plus the GCD reduction benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasm View Post
    It's not that drugs are for people who can't handle reality. Reality is for people who can't handle drugs.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't having so much haste that you cannot killing spree without capping your haste be a haste cap? Or does haste speed up killing spree?

You cannot "cap" your haste as rogue.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

10+ Year Old Account
    As many of said, there is no cap for a Combat Rogue. But more and more Rogues are now starting to gear for Multistrike in favor of Haste simply because good Rogues will be going Combat for the cleave, and Sub for the single target fights and this allows MS to be useful to BOTH specs. I adopted this path a week before BRF dropped, and I actually like it.

Deleted
    I think people worry too much about capping energy. Haste is a lot more that just energy regen so it doesnt matter if your energy hits cap during killing spree for example if theres nothin to do to avoid it

While haste does "softcap" at many points people have touched on, these points are so soft that they make little to no difference.
    softcaps: energy caps while KSing
    Energy caps with AR and Bloodlust (between SS)
    Energy caps with AR (between SS)
    Haste ATM still out ways other stats in these situations, so you just stack more haste.
    Multistrike is a much more versatile stat and will give you better DPS in sub or ass spec in those few single target dps bosses. (Kargath, Ko'garh, butcher, and Oregorger are only 4 fights so far).

Deleted
    I was just about to make a topic like that aswell - Since we established, that there isnt a haste cap.. Is there er minimum you atleast should aim for?

Im sitting at 1567 with doubble warsong enchant

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ricksie/simple

You should be going for Multistrike and not Haste. Haste is only the best stat for single-target, which you should be playing Sub for. If you're playing Combat, it's because you're cleaving, which means you want MS and not Haste.

Quote Originally Posted by PessimiStick View Post
    You should be going for Multistrike and not Haste. Haste is only the best stat for single-target, which you should be playing Sub for. If you're playing Combat, it's because you're cleaving, which means you want MS and not Haste.
    Some people just prefer to play combat only. Nobody is forcing anyone to play sub at all. OP did not mention he's playing sub either or that he's using combat for Cleave only.

Quote Originally Posted by tm2k14 View Post
    Is there one?

Currently playing combat spec and tuned everything for haste (gems, enchants). Is there a cap where haste will no longer provide a dps gain for single target?

I know multistrike is the second best stat after haste, but my multistrike is quite low...will my dps be better if it was more evened out? For single target and/or aoe fights?

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!
    As others have said, there is no cap for haste (single target).
    Haste will continue to provide a dps increase without bound, however, there will be a point of diminishing returns (largely fueled by the GCD and energy capping during AR) where multistrike will surpass haste as the favored secondary stat. What is that magical convergence point? I have no idea, but I expect to see it toward the end of the next tier of raiding.

Multistrike overtakes haste much more quickly when you consider a cleaving situation.

Quote Originally Posted by padman View Post
    Some people just prefer to play combat only. Nobody is forcing anyone to play sub at all. OP did not mention he's playing sub either or that he's using combat for Cleave only.
    Someone who isn't trying to minmax wouldn't ask this question in the first place. If you're trying to minmax, you shouldn't be playing Combat on single-target fights, which, again, means you should be going for MS.