Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Miyani View Post
    In the UK the plant section tends to be at the entrance since flowers give a pleasing/calming scent/feeling when shopping, then it leads directly into the veg section since that's what most people collect first and the frozen section is at the end with the refrigerated section in the middle. Means you can get things in order of not gonna need to run home quickly, imagine putting ice cream in the trolley first thing 0.0

Plus since flowers are the first and last thing you see when entering a shop it makes you more likely to buy them. It's all about the marketing.
    Gatta go fast then!

But I see, makes sense I suppose! I mean, now that you mention it usually the produce area is in the front of stores that I visit, not something I've ever really considered why though.

Deleted
    I would be more than embarrassed if I was admitted to hospital because I mistook daffodils for vegetables...

Deleted
    Apparently in China spring onions do have a yellow flower on the top. Seems like a cultural misunderstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Apparently in China spring onions do have a yellow flower on the top. Seems like a cultural misunderstanding.
    Spring onions, or scallions, do grow flowers. The ones on my deck have purple flowers. The flower is edible, as is the rest of it.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    Spring onions, or scallions, do grow flowers. The ones on my deck have purple flowers. The flower is edible, as is the rest of it.
    Yes, but the Chinese are confusing those with daffodils.