Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Also, some of you need to learn about Civil Forfeiture. The Filth Police can seize your property if they believe it has been involved in crime. That includes your home. And it is guilty until proven innocent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_f..._United_States

Deleted
    Do everything and anything you want as long as you can live with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    The relationships I choose are vastly more important than the ones thrust upon me.
    So your friends are more important then your family? Today's youth is misguided, I blame pop culture.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    IT'S HIS SISTER, my god do people have no sense of family? Teens arent exactly logical thinkers. I dont care what kind of shit he could've gone into, you take care of your family members, the good and the bad... You dont abandon them because of something this small.
    She's an adult. She can't use the "dumbass teenager" excuse anymore. Also, just because she's related by blood doesn't mean he should set aside his morals for her. If she's a useless, dumb criminal then she's not worth having as a sister.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    So your friends are more important then your family? Today's youth is misguided, I blame pop culture.
    Friends are much more important than dumb or criminal family members. Being related by blood doesn't automatically make them the most important people on the planet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anyael View Post
    Basically this.

I wouldn't dream of getting my own family in trouble, for anything.
    Even if they joined ISIS and started beheading infidels? I mean, really? You have NO limits whatsoever? I somehow doubt that....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    In the olden days, your family was the main thing. Betraying your family was the gravest of sins and often backfired on you because you were shown to be an honorless person who placed strangers above your own blood. I recall a story from the Three Kingdoms period in China where this miscreant betrayed his brother because he desired his brother's mistress. His brother was involved in a plot against the Prime Minister, and he basically sold him out. So his brother was killed. When he was asked for a reward, he said all he wanted was his brother's mistress. The lord said that for a woman he brought ruin to his family, and had him and the woman put to death as well because someone who would betray their family for reasons so petty is the worst kind of person.
    Fuck that stone age garbage. If your family member is a criminal and you defend them or aid them in anyway then you are also an accomplice in their crimes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Omgodzilla View Post
    She's an adult. She can't use the "dumbass teenager" excuse anymore. Also, just because she's related by blood doesn't mean he should set aside his morals for her. If she's a useless, dumb criminal then she's not worth having as a sister.
    So much hate, it disgusts me

Fuck that stone age garbage. If your family member is a criminal and you defend them or aid them in anyway then you are also an accomplice in their crimes.
    Bullshit, if your close family member is commits a minor crime, you're not obligated to report that fact, as long as you actively don't help that person.

Deleted
    A buddy of mine just called the cops on his younger sister for smoking weed in HIS apartment. She was 18 and he was letting her stay at his place for a little bit because she got into a fight with her parents. My buddy has always been a bit of a boy scout when it came to the law. If he catches anyone doing anything illegal, he'd report them. I'm kinda like that too but I tend to overlook minor crimes. He called the cops and his sister was arrested. She's in some serious shit right now. His parents are pissed at him for getting her arrested, even though they themselves were furious at her for something else just a few days ago. I honestly don't know how I feel about this. On the one hand, I can understand him not condoning illegal activities in his apartment. On the other hand, this was his own sister. She's never been arrested before so I don't know how much this will screw things up for her. We live in Alberta btw.

Anyways, what do you think? Would you ever call the cops on someone you know for something like this? I think I might if the person did something to really piss me off. Like if they broke my ps4 or something. I'm serious. I think I actually might call the cops on someone as revenge (assuming they did something illegal).
    What a stab in the back from your own brother.
    I would not trust that guy for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    If it's his apartment he's right, if its his sister he is more than right. Theres nothing more disgusting than someone who shows everyone that she/he is morally upright but then turns a blind eye when someone close to them is engaging in behavior that contradicts them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

We live in Alberta btw..
    Not illegal unless mass quantities for distribution. Fake story.

I'd have to call the cops on my flatmate. Nah, too much inconvenience.

seems a bit exessive, getting your own sister into jail...i would have thrown her out

but then again...she knows her brother and could have seen that coming

Quote Originally Posted by Sondzik View Post
    So much hate, it disgusts me

Bullshit, if your close family member is commits a minor crime, you're not obligated to report that fact, as long as you actively don't help that person.
    Actually if you're witness to a crime you pretty much have the reasonable obligation to report it. People not reporting crimes for whatever reason would result in the justice system grinding to a halt.

I agree with the fact that it was pretty excessive to call the cops without even talking to her, but the OP's friend did absolutely nothing wrong. He saw a crime, he reported it. I know there's a ton of "my family and I are above the laws of man" tough-guy edgelords here but reality quite obviously disagrees with that mindset.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronch View Post
    Actually if you're witness to a crime you pretty much have the reasonable obligation to report it. People not reporting crimes for whatever reason would result in the justice system grinding to a halt.

I agree with the fact that it was pretty excessive to call the cops without even talking to her, but the OP's friend did absolutely nothing wrong. He saw a crime, he reported it. I know there's a ton of "my family and I are above the laws of man" tough-guy edgelords here but reality quite obviously disagrees with that mindset.
    In some countries you can't be held responsible for not reporting minor crimes committed by your family.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberowl View Post
    In some countries you can't be held responsible for not reporting minor crimes committed by your family.
    I can understand that kind of law protecting people who are pressured by family into not reporting it, but I think that kind of law should be (and I hope is) used to encourage them to come forward despite that pressure. The law shouldn't be "eyy, if you catch your brother grabbing something that 'fell off a truck', just don't say nothin'!" There is no more self-defeating justice system than one that outright tells people not to use it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I light up daily and I have to say, "There is a time and place for everything."

You can't just start taking bong rips in someone else's home because you feel like. Yeah, her brother is a complete douche, but it all could have been avoided if she would have cleared some ground rules with him first.