Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    By the way just use a signature reply, that way you won't have to write anything.

You can even hide the chat channel if you want. Its basic stuff but then again it would imply to actually know the game you are playing at rather than whining because you can't do your fishing alone at the higher extreme of darnassus

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps get over your social anxiety and need to please people by using the word "no" or putting up DnD with the tag "No, I'm not sad"
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    "Tell them to leave you alone." - And you accuse us of bad social skills?
    What's wrong with telling someone that you want to be left alone? That is not "bad" at all.

Hiding from people because you don't want to talk to them....is more reflective of poor social skills.

That being said, I'm not opposed to Blizz adding the function. I know lots of people who play WoW obviously want this. No real reason for Blizz to force people to be something they are not. WoW is a game, not a social building exercise. Social people can play how they want. Less social people can do the same.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2015-02-09 at 04:47 PM.

I wonder if it's just a sign of the times that some people here seem utterly incapable of understanding why people would want to do something without it being advertised to everyone you know. Is the idea of privacy so quaint that younger generations don't understand it? There's some days I just want to play WoW without a guildie asking about my availability, or a friend asking for a favor...or hell, because I couldn't sleep and don't feel like I owe anyone an explanation of why I'm playing WoW so late at night.

We don't need to be connected 24/7. Privacy is a GOOD thing, and wanting it doesn't mean I'm antisocial or, as the previous poster said so bluntly, "autistic." It's a concept people used to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    What's wrong with telling someone that you want to be left alone? That is not "bad" at all.

Hiding from people because you don't want to talk to them....is more reflective of poor social skills.
    I can't recall a single time in my life where implying I don't want to be bothered with someone wasn't taken offensively. It's much simpler to not deal with it one way or the other. And I'll point out again that there isn't a single downside to the feature. There's no reason not to add it.

"Tell them to leave you alone." - And you accuse us of bad social skills?
    Yes I do.

Have fun being a doormat for other people for the rest of your life.

I can't recall a single time in my life where implying I don't want to be bothered with someone wasn't taken offensively.
    Too many negatives. Are you saying that whenever you tell people you don't want to be bothered, they get offended?

Look at it this way - if you knew someone, and they told you "I'm just chilling out doing solo stuff, and want to play alone for a while. I'll have my DND on.". Would you be offended? I wouldn't. I'd just let that person play alone and not bother them. And pretty much everyone on my friends list or in my guild is the same.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2015-02-09 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    I can't recall a single time in my life where implying I don't want to be bothered with someone wasn't taken offensively. It's much simpler to not deal with it one way or the other. And I'll point out again that there isn't a single downside to the feature. There's no reason not to add it.

No saying that you don't want to be bothered is not offensive. It all depends on how you phrase it. Just add something like no thanks but i'm busy is perfectly polite.

Is this a troll thread? It seems like most here have not seen the sunlight or any living being aside from insects for the last 10 years. If you don't even know how to use BASIC expressions to be left alone then you bunch really need to go back to elementary school. Jeesus

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lunarath View Post
    Because it's an MMO
    Well, they should remove any kind of solo playing to fit to that creed.

Quote Originally Posted by lateralsx5 View Post
    No saying that you don't want to be bothered is not offensive. It all depends on how you phrase it. Just add something like no thanks but i'm busy is perfectly polite.

Is this a troll thread? It seems like most here have not seen the sunlight or any living being aside from insects for the last 10 years. If you don't even know how to use BASIC expressions to be left alone then you bunch really need to go back to elementary school. Jeesus
    Sigh. The troll accuses of trolling. These threads never change. You people are really dense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebth View Post
    If you want to play invisible into an MMO and dont be "bothered" by friends/guild mates you sould reconsider your guild,friend or video game choices.
    He said "sometimes"...

Deleted
    Just go to one of the capital cities if you want to be invisible. Or your garrison. Anywhere pretty much works.

Or you could just use this fix. Celestalon doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, as usual.

But seriously, have fun being antisocial. You're all making the game more fun and lively for the rest of us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Perhaps get over your social anxiety and need to please people by using the word "no" or putting up DnD with the tag "No, I'm not sad"
    Just get over it he says.

Sigh. The troll accuses of trolling. These threads never change. You people are really dense.
    Don't worry. You're not the only person who finds these people infuriating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    This "niche use" feature is an industry standard.
    Battle.Net is all of a sudden industry standard?
    C'mon, stay within the context.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linblum View Post
    Just get over it he says.
    Social anxiety over a virtual chat is not anymore a medical condition, its idiocy. You know why? Simple: why are you actually posting in a forum? Isn't it the same thing? Its full of people here watch out for your so-called anxiety. There busted. People with real social anxiety don't talk like most fakers here do with so many trollistic answers and confrontational attitudes.

You are just like the guys pretending to be with "asperger" syndromes to justify your anti-social and extreme lazyness. You don't fool anyone, much less doctors. I know one who has seem countless retards pretending to have a mental issue to not make any social effort.
    Last edited by mmocc90fcf6aa1; 2015-02-09 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolascius View Post
    Just go to one of the capital cities if you want to be invisible. Or your garrison. Anywhere pretty much works.

Or you could just use this fix. Celestalon doesn't have a clue what he's talking about, as usual.

But seriously, have fun being antisocial. You're all making the game more fun and lively for the rest of us.
    You're conflating a desire for privacy with being antisocial. Do you find it so difficult to understand why people might not want others to know their goings-on 24 hours a day? If you enjoy being tracked, then great for you...but that NOT NORMAL. It never has been. Every person out there seeks some level of privacy, and the modern internet makes it so damned difficult. WoW didn't used to be like that. Didn't want to be bothered? Play a different toon, or play on a different server. Now, being a friend with someone means you completely give up any sense of privacy. Suddenly, being friends means they're now entitled to know everything you're doing at every moment. You don't need to be antisocial to hate that shit.
    Last edited by Nekosom; 2015-02-09 at 05:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nekosom View Post
    You don't need to be antisocial to hate that shit. And being forced into it is really infuriating.
    How are you being forced into it? Just don't give them your BNet ID. Problem solved. I don't give my BNet ID to everyone who asks. Only people who I don't mind knowing when I'm online, and playing any Blizzard game. That is the whole point of it. It is 100% optional. Just like the "invisibility" people are asking for.

For the record, I have no issues with the invisible idea. I don't need it, but I can see how some people would want it.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    How are you being forced into it? Just don't give them your BNet ID. Problem solved. I don't give my BNet ID to everyone who asks. Only people who I don't mind knowing when I'm online, and playing any Blizzard game. That is the whole point of it. It is 100% optional. Just like the "invisibility" people are asking for.

For the record, I have no issues with the invisible idea. I don't need it, but I can see how some people would want it.
    I don't know why I added the being forced into it part. That said, it's sad that I have to limit my RealID friends so severely because it pretty much gives them a key into your entire Blizzard routine. It's a cool feature completely crippled by that fact.