Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Battleground Recommendations

I am typing this while I am afking shadowmelded in that Gilneas new battleground.

I have played quite a lot of BG's in the last few days to gear up one of my toons, and I have got the following recommendations to make:

1. Do not allow a battleground to start if one of the two sides has got no healers. Almost everytime my team loses, we lose b/c we have no healers. There is nothing less fun and more frustrating than playing with no healers against a team with 2-3 Holy Loladin healers. Worst experience in this game.

2. Presently, there is no incentive for me to try at all once it is clear that my team will not win a BG. I shadowmeld and read newspaper, and that b/c honor is useless after one has got the full blue pvp set and is thus after only conquest points.

A system needs to be implemented to incentivize ppl who have no need of honor points to try harder in order to win a BG.

3. Award Conquest points for winning a single battleground outside the Bonus Battlegrounds system. Currently, Conquest Points are not awarded when one wins a BG selected through "Specific Battlegrounds".

I have started playing in Dec 2005. I never played Arena, nor do I ever want to play Arena, and RBG groups are impossible to get into, so the only avenue that remains is Battlegrounds.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

Ahran queues run upwards of 1 hour on my server, sometimes 2 hours or more, and tbh I don't like the concept of Ashran at all. I tried to read abt Ahshran in a Wowhead Guide, but I got bored after reading the first three paragraphs. It is so complicated, and I really don't want to spend hours of my precious time to try and figure out this and that. I can't be bothered.

The way Ashran is designed it is like you need to get a second job. I do not play games in order to get a second job as I already have a job. I play games to pass the time.
    Veteran vanilla player - I was 31 back in 2005 when I started playing WoW - Nostalrius raider with a top raid guild.

What about WG and TB? don't they work at level 100?

As for no healers in a bg, its unusual for that to happen however, you can always spam in bg chat asking people (nicely) to nuke the healer(s). If not everyone will listen, maybe 1 or 2 just might?

Its a matter of group play really. More dps players can shut down a healer if they are fast enough.

Ive been in random bgs games where the entire team was crap/just average geared yet we won the match comfortably due to coordination. Coincidentally, BFG is the most noob/underdog friendly BG out there. (EOTS comes close)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    3. Award Conquest points for winning a single battleground outside the Bonus Battlegrounds system. Currently, Conquest Points are not awarded when one wins a BG selected through "Specific Battlegrounds".
    I guess RBGs do exactly this. If you put it through specific BGs, then premades will be formed to farm CP and those w/o such groups will get trained hard, countering the objective of making the experience good for the "random BGer".
    Last edited by ttak82; 2015-02-10 at 06:48 AM.

Conquest is not intended as a reward for doing random battlegrounds. It is intended as a reward for playing competitive pvp like RBG/Arena. You can always find RBG groups using the LFG tool. Also, why do you not want to try Arena?

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Do not allow a battleground to start if one of the two sides has got no healers. Almost everytime my team loses, we lose b/c we have no healers. There is nothing less fun and more frustrating than playing with no healers against a team with 2-3 Holy Loladin healers. Worst experience in this game.
    Temple of Kotmogu is the only one Battleground where having having healers while opposition has none is a massive advantage. Everybody here is stacked in one place most of the time, increasing effectivness of Healers. All the other Battlegrounds are separating players into groups where indentifying and killing or CCing Healers is much more easier.

NOTE: All of this applies when you are having 2-3 Healers at max, I once had Deepwind Gorge against 7 Healers. It was impossible to kill something.

Ahran queues run upwards of 1 hour on my server, sometimes 2 hours or more, and tbh I don't like the concept of Ashran at all. I tried to read abt Ahshran in a Wowhead Guide, but I got bored after reading the first three paragraphs. It is so complicated, and I really don't want to spend hours of my precious time to try and figure out this and that. I can't be bothered.

The way Ashran is designed it is like you need to get a second job. I do not play games in order to get a second job as I already have a job. I play games to pass the time.
    Use the PREMADE GROUP SYSTEM, I haven't had a queue in weeks...
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

Deleted
    some battles are just waste of time when your team is bad and nothing will change it. But there's barely never something like "close fight" or "challenging opponent" in random bgs. In 60% of random eu bgs Alliance it absolutely bad and in 25% it's just bad in 15% Horde is just lolbad or there's Russian premade.

10+ Year Old Account
    RBG groups are impossible to get into
    Create them, that's how I'm almost 1600 and get my Conquest cap every week.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bach0r View Post
    some battles are just waste of time when your team is bad and nothing will change it. But there's barely never something like "close fight" or "challenging opponent" in random bgs. In 60% of random eu bgs Alliance it absolutely bad and in 25% it's just bad in 15% Horde is just lolbad or there's Russian premade.
    Oh come on, can we already stop this non-sense about Horde winning more please?

On every single character I have, I won around 60% Battlegrounds I played. I have two Alliance characters and one Horde character.

I noticed when I am gearing up I lose significantly more often, since I have full PvP gear (Honor one with some Epics) I lose only every third or fourth Battleground. I am starting to believe that people who are complaing about losing are those who just throw blame on others and do nothing to secure a win for their faction.

If you are playing Alliance I advice you to avoid SotA and EotS, those are Battlegrounds where I lose the most. Silvershard Mines isn't great either, but at least it is a fun Battleground.

Statistics across my Alliance characters in WoD:

• All BGs: 62%
    • WSG: 88%
    • AB: 50%
    • AV: 87%
    • EotS: 16% (After 12 attempts I just gave up and excluded it, I hate that BG)
    • SotA: 36%
    • IoC: 88%
    • TP: 70%
    • BfG: 66%
    • ToK: 51% (Was surprised by this, I though I won this one more often)
    • DG: 62%
    • SM: 50%

NOTE: I had Alliance characters before, but I only started playing Battlegrounds in WoD. That's why there is "in WoD". I used to play Undead Warlock before MoP. In MoP I wasn't really playing, only leveling my Draenei Warrior and then boosting Draenei Shaman with WoD pre-order.

If you are playing Alliance I advice you to avoid SotA and EotS, those are Battlegrounds where I lose the most. Silvershard Mines isn't great either, but at least it is a fun Battleground.
    Thank you. You are correct. I have already excluded them myself.

BG's we always seem to lose as Alliance no matter what:

1. EotS
    2. SotA
    3. Temple of Kotmogu

BG's we always win:

1. Isle of Conquest
    2. AV

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Oh come on, can we already stop this non-sense about Horde winning more please?

On every single character I have, I won around 60% Battlegrounds I played. I have two Alliance characters and one Horde character.

I noticed when I am gearing up I lose significantly more often, since I have full PvP gear (Honor one with some Epics) I lose only every third or fourth Battleground. I am starting to believe that people who are complaing about losing are those who just throw blame on others and do nothing to secure a win for their faction.

Statistics across my Alliance characters in WoD:

• All BGs: 62%
    • WSG: 88%
    • AB: 50%
    • AV: 87%
    • EotS: 0% (After 12 attempts I just gave up and cancelled it, I hate that BG)
    • SotA: 36%
    • IoC: 88%
    • TP: 70%
    • BfG: 66%
    • ToK: 51% (Was surprised by this, I though I won this one more often)
    • DG: 62%
    • SM: 50%

NOTE: I had Alliance characters before, but I only started playing Battlegrounds in WoD. That's why there is "in WoD". I used to play Undead Warlock before MoP. In MoP I wasn't really playing, only leveling my Draenei Warrior and then boosting Draenei Shaman with WoD pre-order.
    You should definitely blacklist SotA on your alliance characters. As proved by your own stats alliance has the worst win ratio there.

I am typing this while I am afking shadowmelded in that Gilneas new battleground.

I have played quite a lot of BG's in the last few days to gear up one of my toons, and I have got the following recommendations to make:

2. Presently, there is no incentive for me to try at all once it is clear that my team will not win a BG. I shadowmeld and read newspaper, and that b/c honor is useless after one has got the full blue pvp set and is thus after only conquest points.

A system needs to be implemented to incentivize ppl who have no need of honor points to try harder in order to win a BG.

I have started playing in Dec 2005. I never played Arena, nor do I ever want to play Arena, and RBG groups are impossible to get into, so the only avenue that remains is Battlegrounds.

rbgs are not impossible to get into, make a group list it in group finder thing and say its yolo need all get 3 healers and then throw some dps that make sense together (dont forget u always need a rogue basically now) and poof ur leading rbgs join game if u dont know a strat then ask for suggestions majority of them are easy as hell battle for gil- hunter sits LH/mines rest WW AB- ally goes mines lm st horde usually does bs farm lm, eots have 2 people sit on bases everyone else mid
    temple of koto have plates get orbs everyone mid kill EFCs poof done
    any FC map rogue runs FC with healer one healer peels if healer on FC neesd help and rest kill other flag carrier

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    You should definitely blacklist SotA on your alliance characters. As proved by your own stats alliance has the worst win ratio there.
    I did, along with EotS. I have an incredible record of 0% battles won there.

EotS, SotA and SM are Battlegrounds where as an individual you have hard time changing course of battle due the mechanics.

I do agree about team comps, its rather silly to have a queuing system where you choose a role and are locked into it but they don't balance the team comps when you actually join.

At least allow hybrid classes to change specs in game like they use to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xpose View Post
    At least allow hybrid classes to change specs in game like they use to.
    They can do it at the start during preparation, but I think it won't change a thing.

It is same as with Tanks in PvE, Healing in PvP is simply less attractive.

The worst part about random bgs is the defeatist and toxic attitude. How many times do you see "YOU guys suck!". It's never "WE suck", its always "YOU". People have such big egos and honestly believe they are the best thing to happen to that battleground. I saw a disc priest that was 5th on healing out of a bg with 2 healers total, telling people how bad we were. 5th on healing, no damage done, no flag caps, no flag returns. The other part that gets to me is people just giving up. If its 1400-300, sure, you can give up, i dont really care. If its 200-100, 2 mins into the game, and youre telling everyone just to give up, wtf is wrong with you? I've won games where we had no healers and they had 3. Yes they have an advantage, but we dont know what gear theyre in compared to us, or the skill levels of those people. Some people just see us lose the initial mid field battle and assume its all over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ellieg View Post
    The worst part about random bgs is the defeatist and toxic attitude. How many times do you see "YOU guys suck!". It's never "WE suck", its always "YOU". People have such big egos and honestly believe they are the best thing to happen to that battleground. I saw a disc priest that was 5th on healing out of a bg with 2 healers total, telling people how bad we were. 5th on healing, no damage done, no flag caps, no flag returns. The other part that gets to me is people just giving up. If its 1400-300, sure, you can give up, i dont really care. If its 200-100, 2 mins into the game, and youre telling everyone just to give up, wtf is wrong with you? I've won games where we had no healers and they had 3. Yes they have an advantage, but we dont know what gear theyre in compared to us, or the skill levels of those people. Some people just see us lose the initial mid field battle and assume its all over.
    I've seen it alot in lower lvl bg's mainly from ppl for the more populated servers, US Tichondrius and others... and the fools aren't leading the boards either.../shock
    The sims lies, don't trust them....

I have been lurking here at MMO-C for years, and you get to be my first post.

I am typing this while I am afking shadowmelded
    This is why your team loses. You're not even actively participating.

1. Do not allow a battleground to start if one of the two sides has got no healers. Almost everytime my team loses, we lose b/c we have no healers.
    That's not true. You lose because the team is busy trying to kill the hunter/mage, while the deathknight/rogue destroys you and the healer prevents anyone from dying.

Go ahead and do the entire team a favor and afk out then please.

There's already one in place. You get conquest for winning randoms.

Then why would any alliance ever play anything but AV? Horde ques would skyrocket and that's what Blizzard has been trying to prevent.

I never played Arena, nor do I ever want to play Arena, and RBG groups are impossible to get into
    Then why PvP at all then?! It sounds like the PvP half of the game just isn't for you.

You should read the OP.

I only shadowmeld and AFK once it is clear there is no way my team can win the BG.

I won't bother to respond to the rest you wrote b/c you are just trolling.

You should really AFK out then. Might as well leave the BG if you aren't going to contribute, even in the E-Peen contest on the scoreboard.

The achievements for winning AB 1400-1500 exist for reasons man...

You want conquest points, but you stated clearly that you aren't interested in the conquest part of pvp.