Page 1 of 3
LastLast

How is Rogue dps for raiding right now?

I currently main a Ww monk, and since the class has been nerfed to dust. I was thinking of getting another class ready in case my guild decides to bench me for WWs dps. I was thinking of gearing my rogue. I do like the rogue class, raiding heavily in cata on my rogue. This way 'm switching one leather class for another. How is rogue dps when compared to ww? Which spec is the best dps?
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    rogue are doing fine but ww monk are still better for most fights

Quote Originally Posted by darkmos View Post
    WW are better than pretty much anything, cuz they be monks.

I don't know where you get that idea, rogues are crushing ww monks in most fights now.

Rogues are in a pretty great place right now if you are capable of playing both sub and combat.

geez. i was considering rogue too cause there are no rogues in the raid. Same with monks, I'm the only monk. Join raid tonight and someone tells the GM he has a rogue friend who wants to join. lol my luck.

Quote Originally Posted by KiwifruitOCE View Post
    I don't know where you get that idea, rogues are crushing ww monks in most fights now.

Rogues are in a pretty great place right now if you are capable of playing both sub and combat.
    Those are actually my fave specs. I was Sub/Combat for DS.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Rogues are pretty good right now. Our single target is strong as Subtlety. Our cleave is really, really good as Combat. We're not broken like mages, but we're nowhere near the bottom of the meter.

WW is lower than almost everyone (including rogues) outside of 3-target cleave.

Rogues are great atm if you can play Sub/Combat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    WW are better than pretty much anything, cuz they be monks.
    I don't often visit rogue forums, but are you for real?
    god cleave
    ok singletarget
    ok aoe
    shittiest pvp melee class

Quote Originally Posted by kikuhawki View Post
    I don't often visit rogue forums, but are you for real?
    god cleave
    ok singletarget
    ok aoe
    shittiest pvp melee class
    Pretty much everything in BRF is cleave.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post
    Pretty much everything in BRF is cleave.
    Gruul: Single Target where a Rogue will beat a WW
    Oregorer: same as Gruul
    Beastlord Darmac: Single Target with Burst AoE. Rogue will beat a WW here
    Flamebender Ka'graz: Single Target/ Cleave. Both classes are quite on par here
    Hansgar and Franzok: 2 Target Cleave. WW only slightly ahead
    Operator Thogar: AoE, AoE and more AoE. WW get stomped here by Rogues
    Blast Furnace: Same as Thogar. Rogue > WW
    Kromog: Single Target with many hands to Cleave down. Rogues are ahead
    Iron Maidens: 3 Target Cleave. Monks should own here. Still Rogues can compete with WW here
    Blackhand: Single Target. Rogue > WW

Rogues are better for BRF. Especially when we finally get 4 Piece as Combat the difference will be even higher

Blade Flurry is insane. Rogues will do better on most fights.

Deleted
    Not even close. Rogues easily have it better than monks, and better than a ton of classes, in most BRF bosses. And as mentioned above, even in the bosses where monks are really good, we are still just very slightly behind, if not equal.
    Last edited by mmoc0d865610a6; 2015-02-10 at 11:51 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinthoras View Post
    Gruul: Single Target where a Rogue will beat a WW
    Oregorer: same as Gruul
    Beastlord Darmac: Single Target with Burst AoE. Rogue will beat a WW here
    Flamebender Ka'graz: Single Target/ Cleave. Both classes are quite on par here
    Hansgar and Franzok: 2 Target Cleave. WW only slightly ahead
    Operator Thogar: AoE, AoE and more AoE. WW get stomped here by Rogues
    Blast Furnace: Same as Thogar. Rogue > WW
    Kromog: Single Target with many hands to Cleave down. Rogues are ahead
    Iron Maidens: 3 Target Cleave. Monks should own here. Still Rogues can compete with WW here
    Blackhand: Single Target. Rogue > WW

Rogues are better for BRF. Especially when we finally get 4 Piece as Combat the difference will be even higher
    And that's just the damage. I don't know much about WW monks, but Feint and Cloak are stupidly good abilities for survival. There's so much aoe damage that can be feinted, and cloak is cloak.

To be honest, I am feeling pretty good, only getting beaten by significantly higher ilvl people or better players, feeing for the first time that I have a legit chance to top meters on every fight. This is for Combat / Subt with Multistrike itemization and fast / slow cleave btw, your experience may vary if you are not switching specs or are wasting time with current state of Sin. In which case you should consider stepping up your game instead of whining about other classes.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

I'm crushing boss damage as Sub in most fights. Using FoK with Find Weakness on priority targets is what makes Sub so good in progress.

I'm feeling pretty good with combat on cleave fights. On single-target i'm not feeling as good. Subtetly can surely deliver but I can't handle subtetly it seems. Every help thread involves complicated rotations and i'm used to combats simple rotation (only seen 2 dagger drops so far; 1 hc and 1 nm from brf)

the best thing is that we don't have to change our enchants to go from combat to subtlety.

you want multistrike as sub as it is your top stat. for combat, multistrike dominates haste only of it's a cleave encounter (but you shouldn't even use combat for cleave fights anyways, so you can safely use sub and still be enchanted for multistrike).

Deleted

Talking

Yesterday at Blackrock Foundary, something extremely "funny" occured to me : I ranked #118 on WoL on Beastlord Darmac playing Sub... and I was dead last DPS of my raid. Yes, I am a Sub newbe and my gameplay for this spec is awful and I do not like this spec very much but come on : ranking on WoL and being just above the tanks and dead last DPS ?!? WTF !?!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...xk7x/rankinfo/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...4622#Ithildine
    Last edited by mmoc972a289242; 2015-02-10 at 07:18 PM.

Deleted
    Well even without looking at logs there are things to consider... Firstly most of the higher players use warcraft logs not WoL making the ranking slightly skewed. Also, on this fight you should really be playing combat and again, the fact that the majority of top rogues will be playing combat means the sub numbers on WoL will be lower. Your dps as Sub on a fight like this will be very close to your single target depending on how well the adds are tanked, whereas many other classes will benefit a lot more from the addition cleave on the adds (as you would in combat). These logs also show a really low uptime on your venom rush which I don't understand unless you let your poisons drop off mid fight? :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ithildine View Post
    Yesterday at Blackrock Foundary, something extremely "funny" occured to me : I ranked #118 on WoL on Beastlord Darmac playing Sub... and I was dead last DPS of my raid. Yes, I am a Sub newbe and my gameplay for this spec is awful and I do not like this spec very much but come on : ranking on WoL and being just above the tanks and dead last DPS ?!? WTF !?!

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...xk7x/rankinfo/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...4622#Ithildine

No-one uses world of logs any more, that's why