The Blast Furnace - Working As Intended?

Our raid group had a fun night on The Blast Furnace encounter yesterday.
    However there are some issues that doesn't seem quite right with this encounter.
    Alright, I will agree that as a end-wing boss its supposed to be hard, but my issue is not with the difficulty of the encounter, but I believe there is a small oversight on Blizzards part here.
    Il explain myself.

The premise of the encounter is to deal with the first 2 phases, controlling adds while doing the phases before The Fury have gained so much "Heat" that he will start to overwhelm the healers. Now, on phase 1, this is done by stopping the big Gronns that is pumping the heat level of The Fury, and on the second phase it has been confirmed by Blizzard that the "Slag Pool" is there to generate "Heat" for The Fury on all difficulties, not just Mythic.

However, here comes the oversight by Blizzard. Its stated in the Dungeon Journal and by the Buff/Debuff that The Fury gains when transitioning into phase 2 of the encounter. However, The Fury does not loose any heat when this happens.

Lets take a guess, and the intended thing to happen here was that The Fury would transition from Phase 1 to Phase 2 with the "Cooling down" buff, dropping his heat by 100/75/50% etc, however, this buff on the boss does nothing, because it slowly tick down the Heat instead.

I manage to test this, because we actually got to Phase 3 on a couple of attempts, and the boss seem to carry over the "Cooling down" buff for a couple of seconds of Phase 3, me (the tank) dragged him away from the middle and he then started to drop "Heat" slowly, 100,99,98 etc (you get the idea), but then as this is Phase 3, he goes into "Superheat" and stays at 100.

Lets say you Bloodlust and do Phase 1 very quickly, you manage to get The Fury out with just 50 heat. He will not drop any heat on the start of Phase 2, but simply continue to grow in heat from 50 and up to 100. If this is "Working as intended?" then I suggest you atleast remove the "Cooling down" buff from the Journal and The Fury. If this is also how it is supposed to be, this boss is very overtuned as you will have to bring healers to constantly spam AoE healing, as the "Blast" will be cast every 4-6 seconds from the middle of Phase 2 until the end of Phase 3 (Phase 3 is supposed to be the "burn" phase where you Bloodlust, etc)

Please correct me if my thoughts are wrong.

- Vrex

7+ Year Old Account
    the word overtuned is was overused. its week one of the instance. give it 3 weeks and most halfway decent guilds will be clearing 9/10 heroic if not 10/10 heroic.

You need to phase it to phase 3 before he hits 100 heat. It sounds like you're killing it slowly.

Deleted
    There is no rule saying every guild that cleared HC HM has to clear HC BRF in the first week...

it took most guilds a month to down imp hc and you're upset that you're not 9/10 or 10/10 within the first week? Give it time.

We had the same discussion as your guild. Cooling down seemingly does nothing. Blizzard made the note of the slag pool but nothing of this. We also inquired with a GM and he had no response.

To the haters, this is coming from a 10/10 heroic guild. This mechanic seems broken as per its intended use.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    To the haters, this is coming from a 10/10 heroic guild. This mechanic seems broken as per its intended use.
    nobody is hating

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gande View Post
    We had the same discussion as your guild. Cooling down seemingly does nothing. Blizzard made the note of the slag pool but nothing of this. We also inquired with a GM and he had no response.

You've killed it, we've killed it, and so have almost 1200 other guilds. Clearly it is killable. If the mechanic is broken, that is one thing, but I'm a little tired of hearing people complain about it as a reason for the boss being "too hard".

1240 guilds have killed Maidens as well, although I suspect that's because people are going on Furnace before Maidens for arbitrary reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rawrzillasor View Post
    nobody is hating
    Not really giving relevant info though either.

Saying "It's the first week give it time" isn't what the OP is looking for, they're saying they think the fight is bugged, not that it's overtuned.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2015-02-10 at 07:48 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrex View Post
    If this is also how it is supposed to be, this boss is very overtuned
    .... i thin the mechanic is fine as is tbh. if you have to wait an extra week and maybe bring an extra healer to rejuve the group for blast then so be it. as mentioned many guilds have killed it without issue as is

Deleted
    maybe bring an extra healer
    this is the crux of the issue. The soft enrage of the fight is not Blast, but Melt, and there is no hard enrage.

.... i thin the mechanic is fine as is tbh. if you have to wait an extra week and maybe bring an extra healer to rejuve the group for blast then so be it. as mentioned many guilds have killed it without issue as is
    I guess I missed that line, scratch me saying they don't think it's overtuned. But still.

People who are having a hard time on this fight, are you even using mind control?
    When we tried with 2 priests using mind control, the fight became piss easy.
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

Quote Originally Posted by zoby View Post
    People who are having a hard time on this fight, are you even using mind control?
    When we tried with 2 priests using mind control, the fight became piss easy.
    We tried doing that just today, granted we only spent like 45 minutes on it.
    Mind explaining a bit on the mind control? All we ended up with was mobs running around with a 100% damage done buff and immune to all taunts/ccs, maybe they were doing something wrong.

You misunderstood. This is just to get awareness on a boss ability/mechanic that seems broken or perhaps needs some clarifications.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Mind explaining a bit on the mind control? All we ended up with was mobs running around with a 100% damage done buff and immune to all taunts/ccs, maybe they were doing something wrong.
    You can MC the Engineers on P1 to give your DPS bombs more quickly, so that you can blow up the Heat Regulators.
    You can also MC the Guards on P2 to give a debuff to Slag, so Slag will die faster on top of the Elementalists.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    We mainly used MC in P1 just to get over with it fast, and get a smooth transition. Just MC one engineer on both sides. The MC'er will get an ability to toss bombs at group members. Have a set player for this (hunter for example) and you can toss 2 bombs on him, then the MC will break. At that point, just kill that engineer fast, pick up the bombs and phase 1 should be done by that time. If done correctly, you won't get another operator spawning in the transition for Phase 2.

We only had two healing priests, so we didn't MC anything during p2 and 3, tho it's probably required on mythic.
    Jeg vil ha tre is.

Mind controlling the engineers doesn't seem to make them cast bombs any faster, so it won't actually cause you to phase faster. It just controls who they're on.

Easy guide if your looking for one:
    youtube.com/watch?v=l772ywX8t0I

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenexa View Post
    There is no rule saying every guild that cleared HC HM has to clear HC BRF in the first week...
    Heroic guilds shouldn't be getting anywhere near 10/10 heroic BRF anytime soon in fact. People seem to forget that Highmaul was tuned for much lower gear than many had because Blizzard couldn't expect everyone to run challenge modes for the 540 stuff and get suited and booted with world drop 665s and 3/3 crafted items, even though some guilds did of course.

But with BRF, it is a progression from HM gear and there are only so many guilds that have anything like an average item level of the best gear available in Highmaul.

For whatever reason the dungeon journal wasn't updated well with all the boss changes near the end of the development cycle. I remember reading a tweet about this mechanic and watcher said it was intended that there was no cooling down. The fight now stems from reaching phase 3 with <100 heat by killing bellows quickly in P1 and completely P2 in a timely fashion.