(Feral) Questions for Iron maidens

First off did u guys take LI for this fight? i mean id imagine it would be the best dps output talent but i felt it kinda tough to keep it plus thrash/rake/rip up on 3 targets and dodge all the mechanics. i took BT and focused on making sure my rakes were always buffed and mostly my rips. i also had to do the boat so that can explain why i felt LI felt a bit weaker then BT.

secondly is it a dps increase to use swipe as a combo point filler over shred on the 3 bosses while berserk is up and u have fresh rakes up? dont get me wrong i would never use swipe if i didn't have berserk rolling.

Using swipe while berserk is up is worse than using swipe when its not up. Buffed shred does 35% more dmg and has dubble crit chanse.
    I believe BT will be better for this fight. Its better for the boat, when you have 3 bosses and when you need to nuke each boss seperatly at the 20% mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Pusekatten View Post
    Using swipe while berserk is up is worse than using swipe when its not up. Buffed shred does 35% more dmg and has dubble crit chanse.
    I believe BT will be better for this fight. Its better for the boat, when you have 3 bosses and when you need to nuke each boss seperatly at the 20% mark.
    ya you're probable right i forgot about that extra damage from incarnation cause i was only thinking about berserk lol. seeing as how LI probable isn't viable on this boss is kinda depressing as that means there is literally no need to change talents as a feral druid in this instance and that's just boring for us

Quote Originally Posted by COFFEEMAN69 View Post
    ya you're probable right i forgot about that extra damage from incarnation cause i was only thinking about berserk lol. seeing as how LI probable isn't viable on this boss is kinda depressing as that means there is literally no need to change talents as a feral druid in this instance and that's just boring for us
    you can change talents to boomkin for some fights and do 2x feral's damage. But no there's no point in ever using LI it's literally a super minimal dps increase even on 2 targets.

Quote Originally Posted by uzu1 View Post
    But no there's no point in ever using LI it's literally a super minimal dps increase even on 2 targets.
    Not unless you consider 1k DPS "super minimal". If you're not using LI on a 2 target fight like Twin Ogron that's just laziness or apathy.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Deleted
    With LI I did about 38k dps using 682 gear with bad secondary stats.
    All the top parses on warcraftlogs are using it, as well.

Deleted
    Managed to grab a rank 4 on heroic Maidens today using LI (45k~ deeps). There is not too much shit to dodge on this boss so i didn't feel that it was difficulty maintaining my bleeds while doing the mechanics correctly. Swiping on clearcasting procs when you already have a Thrash up should be a slight increase right? I don't know though.. seems like bit too much trouble for not too much of a gain.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelt View Post
    Not really indicative of what's optimal, just indicative of what people decided to use. This week I did enough damage to get top 10 with BT and I played really pretty badly, honestly. I died at one point and didn't get rez'd for 10 seconds, I got shafted by a Rapid Barrage in during the burn at the end that caused all 3 of my Rips to fall off, casted Rips at the bosses when I already had them up in execute, etc.

Pretty sure if I played well I could've approached or beat 50k with BT and that's higher than any other parse that's out there right now.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Lunar produces more DPS on 2 targets, but for 3 targets gets very difficult to use because it's so hard to maintain all 3 DoTs on each boss. You might consider using the Savagery glyph if you're set on using LI so you don't need to worry about SR, but to be honest you'll probably get comparable results with BT.
    Cantor

9/9 gold MoP CMs | 8/8 WoD Gold CMs | 7/7 M Emerald Nightmare | 6/10 M Nighthold

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelt View Post
    With LI I did about 38k dps using 682 gear with bad secondary stats.
    Keep in mind that most top guilds and alot of good guilds are private logging. Looking at logs right now means almost nothing.

Keep in mind i had to do the boat so that was my question. i know LI is better for this fight if u did it optimally, which i think i could. i think blood talons is better if youre going up on the boat cause there's really nothing to cleave unless u wanna look like a dick doting up the healer, which i do lol but i dont want my raid seeing that big ass monfire animation :0. also i dont think boomkins are gonna do much more then feral on this fight. dont get me wrong balance does do more dps on this fight but a well played feral can compete. also with 2 piece im sure well see some better parses on this fight for ferals this week.

the only fights i think u have to go balance for are beast master/furnace and maybe kromog if youre in the same boat as my guild who has just trash instant wide cleave. we have no warriors/enhancement im a shitty geared boomkin and we have like all arcane mages and warlocks who refuse to play demo so ...