Rogue PvP effective?

Hey everyone,

I just recently came back to WoW with the latest expansion. I am an avid PvP'er and was wondering if Rogues are still viable in PvP. If so what spec seems to be the most effective? Thanks!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Rogues will always be viable in PvP because of our control and utility. Some may think our damage isn't good enough, but I don't think that's the case. Granted I don't play any serious PvP besides some RBGs around 1800-2k, so I'm not the best to comment in any detail. Combat has been popular for arena, but subtlety is always strong.

Very much so, start out as combat for easier learning curve, try to find a beginner resto druid in order to grind out some WoD experience for you both.
    Ragnar-Os! The only cereal with the Molten Core!
    BY FIBER BE PURGED!
    TASTE THE FLAVORS OF SULFURON!
    TWO SCOOPS, EXECUTUS! TWO SCOOPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Shapeduz View Post
    Rogues are very good indeed, all specs are viable but combat and sub are quite alot better then assa. But if u just wanna play some pvp for fun and dont care too much about rating, just play the spec u like
    ive seen some 2k assa rogues.

But to answer OP yes rogues are very good right now

I've seen some Resto druid Muti rogue at like 2.6K a few days ago on Pshero's stream. As for 3v3. Muti Afli Resto would work very good but nobody is trying it cause why play Muti when u can play combat. And yeah you are a bit restricted. As combat/sub you can still play RMD. I guess you could play Thug with Muti. Imo if you are good players and have decent communication you can get the "coveted" 2.2k achievement with any spec really. Especially if you really enjoy it.

Quote Originally Posted by JibbsTheMogger View Post
    Hey everyone,

I just recently came back to WoW with the latest expansion. I am an avid PvP'er and was wondering if Rogues are still viable in PvP. If so what spec seems to be the most effective? Thanks!
    Yes! Rogues are still very viable. As of right now all the specs are playable in PVP. Combat/Assa are pretty easy to play right now in PVP. Sub is still sub and holds a bit higher skill cap than the other 2. A lot changed with Sub, our dmg is the worst right now , but hopefully we get buffed soon. We have ShadowDance on a 1 minute CD which makes it really easy to do Rogue stuff. lol. Nice little 1 minute bursts. Combat's mechanics are still the same as last Expac, build Deep Insight by spamming Sinister Strike until Red Buff , then Kidney + Killing Spree. A lot of Rogues are not playing Combat just to prove a point. Playing Sub out of pride. They feel its a "Brain Dead" spec. Im an opportunist/realist, Combat is the way to go right now. Apply your superior Sub playing ability to a simple spec like Combat and you'll find yourself a pretty solid Rogue. For now.