10+ Year Old Account

Theme Decks Per Class in GvG

Hey all, just wondering what kind of theme decks you guys are playing around with. World Championship worthy decks? No, but fun and with a good chance to win in Ranked mode. I'll start by listing some of my favorite theme decks:

Hunter:
    -Pure Beast Deck, very fun to play with and actually quite winnable with. My beast deck is fast, relies on setups from Haunted Creeper and other small minions to overrun opponents. I really King of Beasts, he gets +1 ATK when he enters the field for every other beast. Turn 8, Unleash the Hounds and Buzzard. Turn 9, refill some beasts and drop KoB for a 8/6 for 5. Only card in my deck I wish could be buffed is Call Pet, but I just took one out since they rarely draw you a beast. But a 2 mana Savannah Highmane is worth it. King Mukla works great here but not Gahz'rilla in my experience.

-Hunter Mech, Hunters are blessed to get arguably the best class Mech in Metaltooth Leaper which gives other friendly Mechs +2 ATK when he enters. Also Hunter spells work wonderfully to protect your mechs.

Mage:
    -Mage Mech, a very popular deck to use but for good reason. I don't go full rush with 20+ monsters in my deck but its hard to argue the Mage class cards have the best Mech support. Chugachug.

-Secrets Mage, one of my favorite themes that got buffed in GvG with Illuminator. I have a Kezan Mystic in there too for fun, she steals an enemy secret when she comes in.

Priest:
    -Mech Priest, since I really like Shadowboxer. Not a huge fan of the other Priest mech that costs 5 and gives a Mech bonus health, but its not terrible. Mech support with strong heals is a solid deck to play. It's hard cutting some Priest staples to make room for some mechs, though.

Worst Class Theme Ideas:

Mech Warlock, not a bad idea per se but Anima Golem is terrible and I tried using Fel Reaver lol. But Fel Cannon is a really solid card, I wish there a neutral version of that effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerodactyl View Post
    Hey all, just wondering what kind of theme decks you guys are playing around with. World Championship worthy decks? No, but fun and with a good chance to win in Ranked mode. I'll start by listing some of my favorite theme decks:

Hunter:
    -Pure Beast Deck, very fun to play with and actually quite winnable with. My beast deck is fast, relies on setups from Haunted Creeper and other small minions to overrun opponents. I really King of Beasts, he gets +1 ATK when he enters the field for every other beast. Turn 8, Unleash the Hounds and Buzzard. Turn 9, refill some beasts and drop KoB for a 8/6 for 5. Only card in my deck I wish could be buffed is Call Pet, but I just took one out since they rarely draw you a beast. But a 2 mana Savannah Highmane is worth it. King Mukla works great here but not Gahz'rilla in my experience.

-Hunter Mech, Hunters are blessed to get arguably the best class Mech in Metaltooth Leaper which gives other friendly Mechs +2 ATK when he enters. Also Hunter spells work wonderfully to protect your mechs.

Mage:
    -Mage Mech, a very popular deck to use but for good reason. I don't go full rush with 20+ monsters in my deck but its hard to argue the Mage class cards have the best Mech support. Chugachug.

-Secrets Mage, one of my favorite themes that got buffed in GvG with Illuminator. I have a Kezan Mystic in there too for fun, she steals an enemy secret when she comes in.

Priest:
    -Mech Priest, since I really like Shadowboxer. Not a huge fan of the other Priest mech that costs 5 and gives a Mech bonus health, but its not terrible. Mech support with strong heals is a solid deck to play. It's hard cutting some Priest staples to make room for some mechs, though.

Worst Class Theme Ideas:

Mech Warlock, not a bad idea per se but Anima Golem is terrible and I tried using Fel Reaver lol. But Fel Cannon is a really solid card, I wish there a neutral version of that effect.
    the iron sensie in the rogue deck is a lot better than the leaper. If you set both out together they become 2 4/4s instantly