Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Next time you have to mention Hilter or Stalin or Mao... Those are usually the ones people trot out when they complain about "extreme atheism." Because otherwise we might think you're just talking about the people who sell books or debate creationists.
    I don't get into religious arguments to be honest, on forums, in real life. But to deny that their are people out there that wouldn't do something atrocious because they think that persons religious beliefs are wrong, is blatantly silly.
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    There is no extreme atheism.
    Oh, there most definitely is.... atheism by definition is a lack of belief in a deity. Yet, I left the atheism Facebook groups because every single post was a slam on religious expression that had nothing to do with a lack of belief. The atheist LOVE to slam religious people as hard as they possibly can. It starts to feel, after awhile, that the reason most people express as atheist is not because of a lack of belief but because of a true hatred for anyone expressing religious expression. It makes sense that would eventually lead to the craziest of the crazies expressing that hatred killing for it.
    Last edited by Daez; 2015-02-11 at 11:34 AM.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    lmao at #muslimlivesmatter...

so tired of this
    Why? If you're talking about Twitter, than yeah, hashtags are just a funny way to make people look like they're part of something important when in reality they do nothing other than write a couple of words on the internet.

If you're talking about muslim lives mattering...

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    lmao at #muslimlivesmatter...

so tired of this
    I have Muslim friends, and all of my friend's lives matter. I am tired of people thinking they can treat any group of people as lesser for any reason.
    "The round, metal cooking utensil referring to the larger, cookware customarily used for, but not limited to, stews, as being of a dark shade or possibly of African descent." ~~ Fixed for now. But keep in mind any one of the words used in that fix may become politically incorrect or offensive at any moment for any reason. Further amendments may be required to prevent frivolous lawsuits in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is no extreme atheism.
    of course there is
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    Why? If you're talking about Twitter, than yeah, hashtags are just a funny way to make people look like they're part of something important when in reality they do nothing other than write a couple of words on the internet.

If you're talking about muslim lives mattering...
    He's probably referring to the hashtag being kind of silly. Yes, muslim lives matter, and so do black lives; anyone with a heart/brain/whatever organ you think controls that kind of thing, already knows that. The people that DON'T Believe that are not going to be effected by a hashtag. If you want it to be about the news of the day, this shooting, maybe keep it referenced to that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daez View Post
    I have Muslim friends, and all of my friend's lives matter. I am tired of people thinking they can treat any group of people as lesser for any reason.
    People shouldn't be judged by their religion in any case. If your friends are good people, and I'm sure they are, then that is what should matter, the fact that they are muslim should have ZERO bearing on anyones opinion of them.
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    just because some extremist kill other people in the name of religion that it does not mean that Islam is a religion founded on killing people...
    Muhammad was extreme.
    All terrorist attacks.
    The taking over of the Mediterranean and northern Africa, which caused the Crusades.

I'm not even a history major nor a theologian and know that that's bull.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    He's probably referring to the hashtag being kind of silly. Yes, muslim lives matter, and so do black lives; anyone with a heart/brain/whatever organ you think controls that kind of thing, already knows that. The people that DON'T Believe that are not going to be effected by a hashtag. If you want it to be about the news of the day, this shooting, maybe keep it referenced to that?
    I would agree with you on this. I understand the 'trending' hashtags shine a light on popular topics of today. Just feels like it shouldn't be mentioned on new sites like it's ever so prevalent lol.

And wholeheartedly agree, all lives matter. Sometimes the irrational side of us will creep up from within when something heinous occurs, but you gotta reel it back and be reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaIsAMan View Post
    Muhammad was extreme.
    All terrorist attacks.
    The taking over of the Mediterranean and northern Africa, which caused the Crusades.

So what does that make the people who practice Islam in peace? Or we just grouping them all together cuz it's easier to do?

Deleted
    And, you don't believe that their are, out there somewhere, people that would commit crimes based on them disliking people that DO believe? Strange that you would believe that.
    Just for believing? No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just for believing? No.
    Well, in my opinion, you are wrong. I won't argue with you on it more, because obviously we have a differing of opinion
    You're a towel.

Deleted
    Oh, there most definitely is.... atheism by definition is a lack of belief in a deity. Yet, I left the atheism Facebook groups because every single post was a slam on religious expression that had nothing to do with a lack of belief. The atheist LOVE to slam religious people as hard as they possibly can. It starts to feel, after awhile, that the reason most people express as atheist is not because of a lack of belief but because of a true hatred for anyone expressing religious expression. It makes sense that would eventually lead to the craziest of the crazies expressing that hatred killing for it.
    Alright, then "extreme atheism" expresses itself through annoying facebook posts. That's the most harmless "extremism" there is.

Quote Originally Posted by JainaIsAMan View Post
    Muhammad was extreme.
    All terrorist attacks.

Muhammad was actually offering a peaceful alternative to a religion that was much more extreme at the time... Christianity.

There have been numerous terrorist attacks including Oklahoma City (which was done by a follower of David Karesh.. a Christian cult leader). Not to mention bombings of abortion clinics. Not to mention mass suicides. Not to mention all the time the United States has propped up Israel thanks to the Christian religion.

The Crusades were an excuse for the Catholic Church to loot and pillage and make it to the "Holy Land." They needed no provocation.

You realize, the KKK was founded by Christianity? You realize that 4,000 blacks in the south were lynched in the name of Christianity? You realize that when they burn a cross on a black person's lawn it is a religious symbol?

You realize there are still LGBT people killed by religious extremists in the United States and across the world?

Yet, I do not see you moving to say that all of Christianity is a violent religion.

Deleted
    extreme atheism
    The term is anti-religion, it has nothing to do with atheism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    So what does that make the people who practice Islam in peace? Or we just grouping them all together cuz it's easier to do?
    The statement was not made to say they're all for extremism, but that it was not found in peace or that Christians have killed more throughout the years. Reading comprehension isn't a gift all English teachers can successfully provide.

Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post
    I don't recall any atheists killing in the name of an imaginary all seeing entity. Religious extremism has a very well documented history, none of it good. Militant atheists only take umbrage when religion impacts on their lives, and even then they don't respond with threats, torture and murder. They educate.
    They educate, huh? Good one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Alright, then "extreme atheism" expresses itself through annoying facebook posts. That's the most harmless "extremism" there is.
    Except for the ones that shoot three people in the head for being religious :P
    You're a towel.

Just for believing? No.
    Dude, you have to be either blind or in agreement to miss all the hatred spewed at believers by non-believers all over the interwebz.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballistic View Post
    http://edition.cnn.com/2015/02/11/us...ing/index.html

Here comes the hate and Islamphobia crimes.

#ChapelHillShooting
    Let's not get on a high horse. From the 630s AD through 1000 AD there were Muslim crusades that controlled the ME, North Africa and parts of what we call Europe.
    "Peace is a lie"

10+ Year Old Account
    Muhammad was actually offering a peaceful alternative to a religion that was much more extreme at the time... Christianity.

There have been numerous terrorist attacks including Oklahoma City (which was done by a follower of David Karesh.. a Christian cult leader). Not to mention bombings of abortion clinics. Not to mention mass suicides. Not to mention all the time the United States has propped up Israel thanks to the Christian religion.

The Crusades were an excuse for the Catholic Church to loot and pillage and make it to the "Holy Land." They needed no provocation.

You realize, the KKK was founded by Christianity? You realize that 4,000 blacks in the south were lynched in the name of Christianity? You realize that when they burn a cross on a black person's lawn it is a religious symbol?

You realize there are still LGBT people killed by religious extremists in the United States and across the world?

Yet, I do not see you moving to say that all of Christianity is a violent religion.
    It is a violent religion, based on killings their god approved of in His name. All those things you pointed out are easily applicable to the Muslim religion, by the way, outside of Oklahoma.

Unless of course this dude actually killed three people because of their belief systems and his hatred towards believers... then its getting a little more extreme. Not saying he did, saying IF he did. You do not take a culture of hatred towards people and not expand upon it. The only reason we have seen a lack of atheist killings is because atheism as a cultural trend is very, very new. As that culture expands, it will attract just as many crazies as any other religion.

If you want to get right down to it, no religion fosters actual murders, its crazies that kill and use religion as an excuse.