Raiding tonight and want to improve, no answer on the Fix My Dps, Please help?

iLevel 666 *flashes metal sign*
    Spec: Survival (BM too)(thinking about the switch to MM)
    We use AMR instead of warcraft logs, hope that's ok: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...35fdf/overview
    Less recent logs: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...57520/overview
    Expectations: better DPS, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I am hearing different things about lone wolf vs Focusing Shot so I'm confused. I of course want to be a better hunter. The hunter I was running with that night insists that LW is better than PS.
    Amory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ireni/advanced
    I have so much Crit I am wondering if I am better off MM/Lone Wolf?

Ugh. Frustrated.
    Simming at:
    SV: 28743
    MM: 26628
    BM: 27459
    Last edited by spookychick13; 2015-02-11 at 05:16 PM.

Are you Ausi or Eireni in those logs?

Quote Originally Posted by spookychick13 View Post
    iLevel 666 *flashes metal sign*
    Spec: Survival (BM too)(thinking about the switch to MM)
    We use AMR instead of warcraft logs, hope that's ok: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...35fdf/overview
    Less recent logs: http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...57520/overview
    Expectations: better DPS, I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I am hearing different things about lone wolf vs Focusing Shot so I'm confused. I of course want to be a better hunter. The hunter I was running with that night insists that LW is better than PS.
    Amory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ireni/advanced
    I have so much Crit I am wondering if I am better off MM/Lone Wolf?

Ugh. Frustrated.
    Simming at:
    SV: 28743
    MM: 26628
    BM: 27459
    Looking at Butcher kill

91% uptime on SS (should be 97%+)
    73% uptime on BA (should be 80%+)

Don't use glaive toss in ST, don't use ETrap on ST, use Focusing Shot when you can, FS > LW. The hunter you are running with isn't that much better so don't listen to them. FS > LW in every fight in HM and almost every fight in BRF. With all the extra focus you get from FS, use Arcane Shot more to do more SS damage.

Deleted
    I'm sorry, I'm not too familiar with AMR's logs. I didn't even look at the other hunter, but I'm guessing he has a higher iLvl weapon.

A few facts based on current sims:
    - FS is better than LW because LW does not affect Serpent Sting, which is (or should be) the primary contributor to our damage
    - BM cannot really compete on anything except Tectus, don't know why you'd play it on Twin Ogron, I personally wouldn't play it at all unless you really, really enjoy it
    - You have a decent amount of multistrike and BRF gear will only improve upon that, so I wouldn't switch to MM unless you can put significant practice in; MM is useful for lining up Rapid Fire with specific phases, i.e Imperator transitions, where you need to burst targets down. Its single target potential is slightly below SV and that gap is likely to widen due to BRF itemization. Your competence with (and even affinity to) a spec, however, is of much higher importance.

Specifically for SV, you were ~4k below your simmed potential, but that log says you died 3 times ? It seems to me you were doing just fine and that there were other issues in that fight, if that is indeed the case. Don't really know how to dig deep enough to see what happened.

With FS and TotH you want to dump as many Arcane Shots as possible into the boss during your multistrike trinket proc. It's where a large chunk of our damage comes from. The rest of the spec is fairly easy to prioritize and you seem to have that part down. If you don't already have it, I recommend an audio (and/or visual) cue for the trinket proc, as well as lots of sacrifices to the RNG gods.

On Twin Ogron, for instance, you'd do exactly the same thing, while keeping sting up on the secondary ogron at all times. But as always, the best way to improve is to go in there and practice. Not dying also really helps Feel free to switch talents around as needed for specific fights, but even for Tectus I run FS because I feel I can't multi-shot enough without it and, again, it does nothing for Serpent Sting, which is going to outdamage every other ability we have by miles on that fight.

Thank you thank you thank you!!

10+ Year Old Account
    poor uptime on black arrow and serpent sting as others have noted is the biggest thing. It says you died 3 times ._. so that also is a big reason why. all your other data is BM it seems so I can't help you there.

Still feeling like my DPS is substandard, this is from last night. I am Eireni.http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/combat...4154b/overview
    I also use this add on, and I wonder if it's gimping me: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...ceShooter.html

I heard spellflash is a good one to use?
    Last edited by spookychick13; 2015-02-12 at 03:04 PM.

Deleted
    Don't use any spell recommendation addon, Personally I like to use weakauras, Go grab Clampy's weakauras, they're on the mmo champion hunter forums, they're very good weakauras that are quite easy to import, it won't suggest what to use yet but you shouldn't need that.

Forgive me if I am looking at incorrect data, as I'm on my phone looking at your AMR logs. In the second set you linked, you played BM on Hans and Franz.

It looks like the fight was 6m35s. You had 6 BW usages, a fight that length should have 7. You used KC 54 times, a 7.31s delay between usages on a 6s cooldown. An easily achievable 6.3s delay would have netted you 10 more uses. Average for KC that attempt was 25k. 10 uses would be 250k damage using those numbers, 632 DPS with a 6m35s fight.

Generously assuming you have 0 haste, a 2s Cobra Shot + your other abilities were only enough to eat up 335s out of 395. That means you effectively auto attacked for a full minute. Let's say you had filled that time better, used your second BW wrath, and did 20 more cobra shots ( assuming 0 haste ) and 20 more arcane shots. That would have been another 360k or so, 911 DPS.

That's 1543 DPS increase at a cursory glance using rather generous numbers. Just be a little more watchful, hunters have 0 downtime, and you spent about 20% of the fight doing nothing.
    Last edited by boogie; 2015-02-12 at 03:15 PM.

Top ranked mythic butcher on WoL was 41,651DPS.

Damage source:
    Explosive Shot
    Serpent Sting (98.6% Up)
    Arcane Shot
    Black Arrow (79% Up)
    Auto
    Crows
    Focusing Shot

He had a single Glaive Toss, but I assume it was an accident.

All you can really do on a patchwerk style fight is up your Item level, try to get better itemization on gear, maximize uptime on dots.
    try to be 100% on time for refreshing black arrow and crows etc, quick explosive shot LnL dumps, don't focus cap. etc
    Pre-pull potion, bloodlust or just second potion...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfectionlol View Post
    Top ranked mythic butcher on WoL was 41,651DPS.

He had a single Glaive Toss, but I assume it was an accident.
    I bet that single Glaive Toss was actually the one which you are supposed to precast 1-2 sec before the Pull (due to travel time)

ohhh that makes sense now. I didnt even consider or read about that previously.
    I'll have to start doing that on fights I dont need barrage!

I was kinda wondering, how do you accidentally hit an ability like that?
    hum, maybe his keybindings are close to something he would typically spam lol

Wait, so are you saying take GT and Barrage out of our rotation completely?
    I admit I am not the best player, by any means. I try but I know I am way too reliant on Faceshooter. I want to learn to be good without that.

I won't run BM again, I want to stay SV. I posted new logs from last night.

I also have had awful luck with a weapon. I *JUST* got the regular HM bow.
    Last edited by spookychick13; 2015-02-12 at 04:23 PM.

Wait, so are you saying take GT and Barrage out of our rotation completely?
    I admit I am not the best player, by any means. I try but I know I am way too reliant on Faceshooter. I want to learn to be good without that.

I won't run BM again, I want to stay SV. I posted new logs from last night.

I also have had awful luck with a weapon. I *JUST* got the regular HM bow.
    Yea, GT only once pre-pull and barrage only on 2+ targets.
    Also take explosive trap out of single target rotation as well, according to that top butcher hunter's log

Not quite sure what faceshooter is, as I started hunter in WoD and with just generic UI modifications like grid/shadowed ui etc
    The one thing I know I want/need are ElvUI and Weakauras. elv to clean things up and Weakauras to get as perfect uptimes on dots as humanly possible.

Looking at your parse on butcher heroic, your serpent sting uptime is low. Because arcane shot is not number one in priority, it'll go on roughly after you black arrow / crows on pull.. and never drop after initial application, should be an easy 98%+.

I assume you dump your LnL asap

Black arrow should be much higher. your 70% should be about 79%+

no barrage

also assuming you murder of crows is on CD and max uses.

Not sure of your roles in the fight, but personally I am one of the in and out bitches.. so my parse is not perfect.

Not much else you can do on single target.

As for Aoe, I looked at your tectus normal as you died on heroic
    I see many red flags on your tectus kill.

your serpent sting was excessively low uptime at 28.8%, this should be 98% plus on every encounter. (unless that is a AMR bug)
    your black arrow was also extremely low at 11.1%. Given aoe is prioritized highly once tectus shards start splitting, black arrow should still be used as often as possible. my recent log had 61% black arrow uptime with 98.6% serpentsting uptime.

I also only see you using crows four times on a 6:10 encounter. If it were a patchwerk, that would allow for a straight up 6 uses (assuming you use it immediately, and you may have a 1-2s delay per use.). Given that there are many mobs that die on this encounter, you should be able to take advantage of crows and have it reset cooldown on add death.

You should not be using glaive toss on this encounter. Barrage is vastly superior once 2+ targets are available.
    Once you have your first shard split and 5 targets, barrage becomes very high priority.

You also did not use explosive trap once on this encounter, and I know there are many opportunities during tectus with 3+ targets to use it.

Alright, I ditched my faceshooter and got weak auras. Practicing on a dummy. Only doing about 20.9k.
    Question: When TotH procs is it priority over everything else (including Lock and Load) to dump arcane shots?
    Same thing with the Scales of Doom proc, do you dump arcane shots over all else, or is it the usual priority? Thanks in advance.
    Sorry to be such a pain.

Deleted
    Alright, I ditched my faceshooter and got weak auras. Practicing on a dummy. Only doing about 20.9k.
    Question: When TotH procs is it priority over everything else (including Lock and Load) to dump arcane shots?
    Same thing with the Scales of Doom proc, do you dump arcane shots over all else, or is it the usual priority? Thanks in advance.
    Sorry to be such a pain.
    You can find all this in the guide.

I was reading it, but I'm a little confused. What is Heavy Shot?
    Again I apologize for my ignorance.

I was reading it, but I'm a little confused. What is Heavy Shot?
    Again I apologize for my ignorance.
    Heavy Shot is the 4pc T17 bonus