Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Pretty much new build will not post Pease for the love of god someone help me

Asus AM1M-A Socket AM1 VGA DVI HDMI 8-Channel HD Audio mATX Motherboard

AMD Sempron 2650 1.45GHz Socket AM1 1MB L2 Cache

2GB DDR3 1600 MT/s (PC3-12800) CL11 Unbuffered UDIMM 240pin

PSU Corsair cx500

HDD samsung sp2504c 250gb 7200rpm/8m

Over a month now I have tried everything I get no display and now it won't even power up, the green mobo light comes on and nothing more
    No ram, 1 ram stick, ram works in another pc
    Reseating cpu and wiping old paste off and putting new on
    The psu works in another pc

Not sure but could it be the HDD, the sata ports are 6gb and only 6bg, other pc refused to turn on untill I had the HDD in a 3gb port. Don't even know if that is a thing but I am just about pulling my hair out.
    Any input much appreciated

HDD is irrelevant to posting.

If you've ruled out the ram and psu, only options left are cpu and mobo.

But both are new, second set of new cpu and mobo. Please don't let it be this

It sounds like your best bet at this point, if you are unable to test them yourself, would be to take it to a local shop and have them test it for you. This is what I would do in your position.

Can you tell us exactly what happens when you try to boot? Like what turns on and what does, if anything beeps, etc.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

The mobo light comes on at this point, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by trogladite View Post
    But both are new, second set of new cpu and mobo. Please don't let it be this
    Just because they're new doesn't mean they aren't defective. Are you sure there are no pins bent in the processor socket?

yes, i managed to bend the pins on the first one so i bought another and these pins are just fine. And pins, why the hell stupid easily bendable pins and why such small parts these parts are made for children not real people hands.

yes, i managed to bend the pins on the first one so i bought another and these pins are just fine. And pins, why the hell stupid easily bendable pins and why such small parts these parts are made for children not real people hands.
    Could you upload a picture of your motherboard how it's currently set up. preferrably a high res pic.

Probably a memory issue. Check the memory QVL for the board.

http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...eport_1013.pdf

I can't clearly see what I wanted to, but every time this question comes up, I have to ask.. make sure you have those tiny little power cables from the front button plugged in correctly. That was the problem last time I diagnosed something similar (though the other use didn't mention a light, but that probably comes on if the board gets power?).

If you used that fancy little block ASUS provides for plugging in the front connections, make sure to take into account that you might be holding it in your hand upside down... that is to say when you flip it over and plug it in, everything is gonna reverse itself...

Also, and this wouldn't stop booting, but I don't see any fan plugged into the cha_fan socket. Is your case fan plugged in?

--edit--
    I shouldn't have said holding it upside down... but rather looking at it backwards, depending on how you're holding it when looking at it while plugging in. I think you know what I ment. I still bet it is those cables. Unless the motherboard is completely FUBAR, if it's having problems posting, it will scream at you. So I bet those cables are not making the right connection to give it the power-up command.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2015-02-11 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    I can't clearly see what I wanted to, but every time this question comes up, I have to ask.. make sure you have those tiny little power cables from the front button plugged in correctly. That was the problem last time I diagnosed something similar (though the other use didn't mention a light, but that probably comes on if the board gets power?).
    I've been trying to help over Steam and that was one of the first things we checked probably 2 weeks ago now (at the time it was an issue but once sorted the problems remained )

I'm still not convinced, especially if it was wrong to begin with. Try one more thing. Touch the two pins circled with a flat-head screwdriver (while everything is plugged in), then remove the screwdriver. (that's what the power button does). (I downloaded the reference for the board he said he bought).

It's just that I would expect the Motherboard to beep at you even if you forgot something so major like to install the CPU.

Unless it's not drawing power (light says otherwise), it usually beeps if something is wrong.
    Last edited by Aurimas; 2015-02-12 at 12:05 AM.

Yeah I also expected at least a beep and in fact it did originally give out 1 long beep and 2 short beeps which according to the mobo manual:

Memory issue: Beep (1 long 2 short)

A Clean the Golden Finger of memory

B Clean the memory slots

C Leave only one memory stick to test

D If convenient, please change different memory to test again

We tried the steps to no avail and after I got them to strip the pc down and restart the building process there are apparently no beeps whatsoever.
    Maybe your screwdriver poking idea will produce results though so we shall see

Amazing what a little thermal paste does :S so system all up and running now but no display. Tried onboard gfx and two other gfx cards nothing no display.

Amazing what a little thermal paste does :S so system all up and running now but no display. Tried onboard gfx and two other gfx cards nothing no display.
    Kinda stupid question, I'm sorry, but when you tried the other gfx cards was your monitor plugged in to the on board one and was the on board one enabled in BIOS/UEFI? I only ask cause I ran into someone not long ago who did that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any other power supplies in the house you can test with? I'm almost willing to put money that the PSU is DOA. I've had about 6 Corsair CX's do exactly what you're seeing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Any other power supplies in the house you can test with? I'm almost willing to put money that the PSU is DOA. I've had about 6 Corsair CX's do exactly what you're seeing.
    Funny you should say this, my other PSU is another corsair CX500 and the pc I am on now shuts down the moment i plug anything into the back... thinking maybe I should get new PSU's and not from corsair, anyway problem solved I managed to get a display and now I will google the rest of the problems I am currently having.
    Thanks for everyone's input

Funny you should say this, my other PSU is another corsair CX500 and the pc I am on now shuts down the moment i plug anything into the back... thinking maybe I should get new PSU's and not from corsair, anyway problem solved I managed to get a display and now I will google the rest of the problems I am currently having.
    Thanks for everyone's input
    Out of curiosity, what turned out to be the culprit. Knowing will help people here troubleshoot other peoples problems in the future if they are having a similar problem.