Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Grandfather visiting from India stopped by police while taking walk, left paralyzed

Usually I am pretty pro police and sympathize with them, but this is just getting out of control in the US. A man going for a walk in Alabama was left paralyzed after interaction with the police. Police statement released says "No crime was committed"

Madison police last week roughed up a 57-year-old Indian citizen who was walking on the sidewalk outside his son's home, leaving the older man temporarily paralyzed and hospitalized with fused vertebrae.

http://www.al.com/news/index.ssf/201...d_by_madi.html

Temporarily paralyzed.

I'm just mystified at how the whole thing escalated. Indian people seem very polite to me.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Temporarily paralyzed.

I'm just mystified at how the whole thing escalated. Indian people seem very polite to me.
    You have never been there, even so those police have no excuses.

Deleted
    You can never judge a situation by just a article, there are allways two sides of a story.
    But i am begining to think that the US Police acts way to compulsive and physical.
    Let's say it is true, and they looked for someone looking at garages and sh*t, in what goddamm
    other country will they throw him to the ground? since he was just walking infront of he's sons house
    i highly doubt he started running away.

I bet that cop spontaneously fused his vertebrae just because he is brown! /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sledfang View Post
    I bet that cop spontaneously fused his vertebrae just because he is brown! /s
    Didn't you hear, sidewalk walking while being a citizen of another country is an offense worthy of on-the-spot beating. He was lucky he wasn't black.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    american cops to something fucked up and brutal to a citizen.. this isn't so much news as it is time of day.
    Just read the florida daily headlines for the same stuff on a day to day level involving police.

dont even know why this is an issue. everything the police officer did was correct. i truly dont get it

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    He was lucky he wasn't black.
    Yep.

This pretty much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im not even surprised

cops saying one thing, guy is saying something else, of course. from the sounds of it the cop got frustrated with a guy that can't speak his language. why that warranted a face plant is anyones guess.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Didn't you hear, sidewalk walking while being a citizen of another country is an offense worthy of on-the-spot beating. He was lucky he wasn't black.
    This is a prolific problem in literally very country wherein anyone might be a foreigner. I've hear a lot of stories of American and Western European pro-gamers in being harassed considerably, and even shaken down for money by police in countries like Ukraine. It happens to everyone and it's fucking disgusting. Human beings are a sad, prejudiced race.

Deleted
    the police, your friend and helper

....wow it seems they have gotten so bored of african americans theyve moved onto another group of brown skinned people/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nelly676 View Post
    ....wow it seems they have gotten so bored of african americans theyve moved onto another group of brown skinned people/
    maybe they read chris kyles book..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    cops saying one thing, guy is saying something else, of course. from the sounds of it the cop got frustrated with a guy that can't speak his language. why that warranted a face plant is anyones guess.
    Because it is illegal to frustrate a cop, didn't you know that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Because it is illegal to frustrate a cop, didn't you know that?
    that's right, as it was mentioned before, he's lucky to be alive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You have never been there, even so those police have no excuses.
    Maybe the ones still in India are bad, but here they're generally pretty pleasant people.

I guess once they get out of their country, and actually have a chance, they have better attitudes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lokithor View Post
    Maybe the ones still in India are bad, but here they're generally pretty pleasant people.

I guess once they get out of their country, and actually have a chance, they have better attitudes.
    More like those with the financial ability to leave by choice are by virtue of their money better educated and mannered.

And even that isn't an indicator of nicety.

OnT Freaking awful.

I wonder how strong the police union is for that force.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    that's right, as it was mentioned before, he's lucky to be alive.
    Yeah he is lucky to be alive! Such a low bar, but given police behavior towards minorities these days, he was lucky.