Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I prefer the prequels so I would prefer if he stayed

Wat...?

Also there's going to be no campaign.

That's nice. DICE doesn't need to waste their time making another shitty campaign.
    They need to focus all of their efforts into the multiplayer, the part people actually give a damn about.

This game has no single player campaign so it can go fuck itself already. Not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by RaZDaZ View Post
    Ok so from what I've heard, I don't think I could get more disappointed except if they removed 3rd person but here's what I've found.

BF3 will launch without:
    - clone wars era, even if you hated the prequels, there were some cool designs in the vehicles, ships, jedi/sith and even the clones and the droids, I actually found the classes and vehicles more fun in the clone wars than the rebel wars
    - space battles, don't care too much about the space combat but its something that BF2 with a much lower budget and less experienced dev team had at launch
    - less planets and presumably, less environments and levels to fight in also counting no clone wars era planets like mustafar and naboo
    - campaign, not that I played BF2 for the campaign but it was a nice touch and made it feel like a complete package

All this was in a game that was released nearly 10 years ago.
    Quality over content thing. You'll have less stuff but hey, it will look better -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I doubt it was because of DICE but rather EA pushing the game out too early. DICE were given the time to have a proper beta for Battlefield 3 and a lot of time to work on the game and it had a reasonable launch compared to BF4.
    EA wants this game to coincide with the release of the film, which is unlikely to get delayed. That means they will push it out even if its not fully ready by November.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    Quality over content thing. You'll have less stuff but hey, it will look better -_-
    But BF2 already had way more content at a pretty damn satisfying quality. I know its going to be another Conquest style game, it's modeled after Battlefield so I do know what to expect overall.

If it does everything really well then I might be interested but Titanfall had solid quality but an overall lack of content and variety compared to other shooters which proved to be an issue for long-term retention of the playerbase. Similar issue that Evolve has right now. Hell, even WoW is suffering because of this. The raiding in WoD is excellent but there's just a lack of content, a lack of variety and things to do.
    Last edited by mmocd786cabdc9; 2015-04-17 at 07:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourmandise View Post
    I'd take lower quality visuals to get more content any day. The campaigns were fun and having space combat in BF2 was awesome.

I mean, I'm hype and all, but I'm kinda disappointed to see how many steps back the game seems to be taking in terms of content variety.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    EA wants this game to coincide with the release of the film, which is unlikely to get delayed. That means they will push it out even if its not fully ready by November.
    True but its hard to say how long this has been in development. Battlefield 4 was clearly more of an expansion to BF3 so its more likely that it was less refined than it should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I'd take lower quality visuals to get more content any day.
    S'why I play older games more oft.

The campaigns were fun and having space combat in BF2 was awesome.
    The campaign was the first thing that brought me into the game. Space battles were my favorite thing to play when a noob at the game with friends. We'd just go kamikaze style and fool around.

- - - Updated - - -

True but its hard to say how long this has been in development. Battlefield 4 was clearly more of an expansion to BF3 so its more likely that it was less refined than it should have been.
    Is this like a bethesda thing? Engine milking so people go "it feels the same!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh. Idk about this...

Ok so from what I've heard, I don't think I could get more disappointed except if they removed 3rd person but here's what I've found.

BF3 will launch without:
    - clone wars era, even if you hated the prequels, there were some cool designs in the vehicles, ships, jedi/sith and even the clones and the droids, I actually found the classes and vehicles more fun in the clone wars than the rebel wars
    - space battles, don't care too much about the space combat but its something that BF2 with a much lower budget and less experienced dev team had at launch
    - less planets and presumably, less environments and levels to fight in also counting no clone wars era planets like mustafar and naboo
    - campaign, not that I played BF2 for the campaign but it was a nice touch and made it feel like a complete package

All this was in a game that was released nearly 10 years ago, without the internet infrastructure that we have now on consoles and PC, without a huge budget, without such an experienced FPS team as DICE and without the grace and marketing of a huge publisher. Yes BF2 was published by EA but there wasn't a huge amount of hype or marketing on the original BF1 and BF2 but it was popular at the time.

I have to blame EA's business practices that require you to purchase DLC for a complete experience either at day 1 or post-release. I can guarantee space combat will be a DLC addon and probably even the clone wars era. I also blame DICE as well, they simply see this as a Battlefield reskin and it shouldn't be treated as such. BF2 was similar to BF, it borrowed from that model but it also changed a lot of things as well.

Dunno if I'll get the game now, this was the game I was looking forward to for years and its just all disappointment so far.
    What a damn minute...

Capped at 40 players...

No space battles...

No campaign mode...

Fewer maps then even BF2...

Vanilla content ripped off out to be resold as DLC later...

Exclusive to Xbone at first...

They truly jacked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    What a damn minute...

Capped at 40 players...

No space battles...

No campaign mode...

Fewer maps then even BF2...

Vanilla content ripped off out to be resold as DLC later...

Exclusive to Xbone at first...

They truly jacked it up.
    Yeah, the more I look at the info, the more my hype dulls. I'll still totally play it, but it's going from a "More than likely buy day one" to "Wait until it's $20-30" purchase : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yeah, the more I look at the info, the more my hype dulls. I'll still totally play it, but it's going from a "More than likely buy day one" to "Wait until it's $20-30" purchase : /
    Twitch and youtube will be our friends.

I sincerely hope it's moddable, because that'd be the only thing that'd get me to buy it (eventually).

Deleted
    Why are you calling it battlefront 3? It's not a sequel to the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    It is latest frostbite engine after all...

probably can be moddable just not fun at all and not as accessible like elder scrolls / fallout

heck I barely seen anything about mods for dragon age inquisition nor BF4 n Hardline
    Well I mean if they allow it... EA as of late has been made modding their recent games a bannable offense.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought my prayers were being answered this year with KH3 footage probably being shown, Fallout 4 probably being announced, and Battlefront being released but right now Battlefront looks like it is being crushed by the bullshit that comes with the gaming industry these days.

I'm still excited for the game but I went from blind hype to somewhat concerned.

I am far from excited for the game. After the rumors of it being a FPS and now no SP content and in truth what has leaked isn't much content at all I am not even considering buying it.

I miss the old Battlefront games and to me this is going to be Battfield with a Starwars skin.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    It just comes down if its just going to sell cause its a Star wars game or a battlefront game.... which side are you on
    I'm on the side that isn't buying it unless its $20 or less if even then but thats me.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Did they remove hero mode too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Have been dieing for a battlefront 3 since battlefront 2 came out looks like this isn't the game for me.

-No Space Battles
    -Only 40 Players
    -Looks to heavy on graphics and not on gameplay
    -Already talking about DLC

Honestly all I ever wanted was Battlefront 2 with "Modern" not super hd next gen graphics, with new weapons, vehicles, new systems and a fully realized multiplayer.