Deleted

Weakauras, LUA help

Hi im looking for help from someone with experience or not doesnt matter im trying to make a Weakaura Icon for Blast Furnace fight for whenever "shield down" affect occurs for basicly making it more smoothly be aware of it happening in a general raid. I know that Bigwigs or DBM both has a bar for it but i like weakaura =))

Code:
    function(event, timestamp, message, hideCaster, sourceGUID, sourceName, sourceFlags, sourceRaidFlags, destGUID, destName, destFlags, destRaidFlags, ...)   
        if message == "SPELL_AURA_APPLIED" then
            local spellId, spellName, spellSchool = ...

-- Spell-ID 158345 = "Shields down"

if spellId == 158345 then   
                WA_MCname = destName
                return true
            end
        end
    end
    this is what ive managed to scramble togheter just letting you know i have no experience what so ever with LUA and just basic knowledge of programming i am not sure if this actully works (haven't tested it) but im posting it here already to see if there is someone already knowing if it will or not. Incase of it not working im looking for help to make it work =)
    Thanks in Advance

Deleted
    looks good to me, tested it with renew on a dummy. I put your code in a custom trigger->event->COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED

with this: "WA_MCname = destName" I assume you would like to see the name of the unit it is applied to?
    I'm not sure how helpful this is for the fight since you and your raid should know which one of the 4 elementalists is attackable and
    they all have the same name.
    If you still want that for testing or whatever you can return the variable you set here in the "Name Info".
    Code:
    function()

return WA_MCname
    end
    or
    Code:
    function()

return WA_MCname:sub(1,10)
    end
    if the names get too long.

After this you just have to use %n in the display options
    Last edited by mmocc631c4b798; 2015-02-12 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    Reason for WA_MCname is just because i took the code from another Weakaura rather Mark of chaos one from Imperator and i just changed the IDs and Aura applied i will be testing this tho later tonight to see it if works. And as you say theres no reason to have a return on any sort of names as we should already know which one going to be killed.
    Thank you for taking your time and looking at it I appreciate it!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for helping out Oneyoner, I tested it last night and it worked as it meant to only that it didnt have a "stop" i never put a stop to the call. So i added a Timer i guess you call it. if anyone is curious and want it as well im posting it here

Code:
    dmuvfaGiaQlbagLijoLiPmliCljYUePggQQogk1YakpJuAAk4AGyBIOVjOgNeCoGQ7bsDqQsTqrIhkiMOe6IaYgfHpIQWijfvNeLSsQQzskCtsr2jk8tqYqrvzPuL8uPMQaxfvPTksQ(kPOmxaO9I8xu0GjoSKwma5XOYKv0LPSzi6Zk0OPkonvETG0Sf62GA3K8BrnCGSCi9COMUsxNuTDjQVdGgVijDEa16rv0(vnXMcOgM6j1tkG6f1noAOua1lWGmQ50XBgMADLv2ul1Rd2MuRQWgMcigSPU94S4eFPygGkAPEQJwxxwrTwiuBLn1sDizyav3lAKhPwx5wQHnyazOuJbzXiRjMcigSjgSHuq7aeAPMthVzyQrQR4wxwLkwztTiUSoydVvyqiUaByCD0qCXJBAHuXRHI4coRJYz8GxwfrCbN1r5mgvydXfCwhLZseRJyexWzDuoZRQBMiwhXiUmn8YdEzveXLPHxgvydXLPH3eX6igXLPHxVQUzIyDeJ4s60PtTlxUCFhYlWggxhTlqd9fa38bKgAW0BE9YBMEZhFAWcOIa(Y6Xu3)YLlxIzUA8cgKfJSMiUGbzXiJkSH4cgKfJnNNCoEb6lPtN((xUC5Y9VC5YLsLU0GSySeRIxydPG2bixG(cGBpoloXxMzaQa89VC5YL7F5YLl3)YLlxU)LlxU4qEbdYIrwZlqd9f2qkODaYL1JPUC5Y9VC5YLlxUCrZ8MPMcrvHTlqFzA4Lrf2U)LlxUC5YLlO2QJQUSO629VC5YLlxUC5(xUC5IPM33uZ7BQ59V)9V)9V)9P2kBQftDiqPPu8oGPgqXdMaL6aXiGjVmsWsJaG8cOIuJbzCoKooEvULA(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

Deleted
    yeah you either have to put a timer on it or an untrigger function. In this case it might untrigger whenever the debuff shield up (or what it's called) is applied or something similiar.

Deleted
    If you want a specific time set to remove the aura again i guess the event UNIT_AURA_REMOVED will be triggered when its removed and then just do the same as the trigger, ie search for the spell id and when this happens set the untrigger function to true. This might get screwed up tho if you have multiple ones having the shield down buff at the same time.