Shadow Priest opener

Hey, I am playing a Shadow Priest and are having some problems with my burst, I sometimes see Spriests doing 50k+ in burst while I usually only do around 40k. Sometimes I can do crazy burst and get 60k dps, but I think thats when I'm lucky with my procs and crit.

Our opener will ofcourse depend on how many orbs we are starting with, but I hoped I could get some examples on the best opening for 0 Shadow Orbs and 5 Shadow Orbs.

Thanks.

0 orbs should be Halo before pull, MB at 0, Shadowfiend, MS, MS, MB - normal rotation.

5 orbs is a little different, Halo before pull, DP at 0, MB, Shadowfiend, INS, INS, MB, - normal rotation.
    Pew Pew Pow Pow Bam Pop Smack

I'm actually curious about this. Even with 5 orbs is it more advtageous to still pull with MB then cast DP, SF, MB Again, INS INS, MB, DP INS INS? This is with the 2pc which throws a monkey wrench into dot weaving and the CoP playstyle in general.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    I'm actually curious about this. Even with 5 orbs is it more advtageous to still pull with MB then cast DP, SF, MB Again, INS INS, MB, DP INS INS? This is with the 2pc which throws a monkey wrench into dot weaving and the CoP playstyle in general.
    I also think that MB, DP, SF, MB is more profitable with 2set.

And also I am not often being able to go over 50k dps at pull. Saw some videos where priests did, but I doubt its possible to do 60k dps on every pull, just lucky pulls. Last week I ve managed to have 39k dps before execute phase on Butcher, and than wiped ofc and had 33k on next pull.

Some time ago I was looking at twitch stream of method. They had a few wipes and I ve only seen their priest doing 50k dps within first 40seconds on one pull. On other pulls he didnt appear on recount( there were only 6 or 7 rows, so he had at most around 40k like we do).
    Last edited by mmoc8a27148bc4; 2015-02-11 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Agness View Post
    I also think that MB, DP, SF, MB is more profitable with 2set.

And also I am not often being able to go over 50k dps at pull. Saw some videos where priests did, but I doubt its possible to do 60k dps on every pull, just lucky pulls. Last week I ve managed to have 39k dps before execute phase on Butcher, and than wiped ofc and had 33k on next pull.

Some time ago I was looking at twitch stream of method. They had a few wipes and I ve only seen their priest doing 50k dps within first 40seconds on one pull. On other pulls he didnt appear on recount( there were only 6 or 7 rows, so he had at most around 40k like we do).
    Yeah I was talking to some guildies and they were watching a stream and their spriest was pulling 37k, he was the lowest dps, and they had 15 seconds until enrage with 100m to go on a boss. I believe it was furnace, not entirely sure though.

SPriest DPS can vary wildly from pull to pull depending on MS and Crits happening.

Deleted
    Crit trinket and 5 orbs are both huge difference for opener. I also wouldn't use Halo on pre pull.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I was talking to some guildies and they were watching a stream and their spriest was pulling 37k, he was the lowest dps, and they had 15 seconds until enrage with 100m to go on a boss. I believe it was furnace, not entirely sure though.

SPriest DPS can vary wildly from pull to pull depending on MS and Crits happening.
    Talking about HC here (not Mythic), SP DPS on Blast Furnace doesn't mean much. There is so much opportunity for padding, losing DPS, assignments, priority targets. It really is a clusterfuck.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Crit trinket and 5 orbs are both huge difference for opener. I also wouldn't use Halo on pre pull.
    Why not? Takes 2 seconds to reach the boss and in that time you still have enough time to Pre pot and mindspike before you use MB or DP on 0.

Quote Originally Posted by Zlebar View Post
    0 orbs should be Halo before pull, MB at 0, Shadowfiend, MS, MS, MB - normal rotation.

5 orbs is a little different, Halo before pull, DP at 0, MB, Shadowfiend, INS, INS, MB, - normal rotation.
    I actually got to almost 70k burst on Flamebender with this opener. With BL on pull ofcourse.

Halo before pull then yelling "FFS pull on 0" after they fuck up your pot.

Well, you learn how long it takes before halo hit after doing it a 100000 times.

Deleted
    Why not? Takes 2 seconds to reach the boss and in that time you still have enough time to Pre pot and mindspike before you use MB or DP on 0.
    Danger of ninja pulling, trinket procs, and AoE early in fight.

Quote Originally Posted by lolalola View Post
    Danger of ninja pulling, trinket procs, and AoE early in fight.
    Those are the exception to the rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Sitoy View Post
    Well, you learn how long it takes before halo hit after doing it a 100000 times.
    You'd think so. But after 1 full expansion, our tanks still randomly freak out and pull when they see halo.

Deleted
    With 2piece tier
    Pre pre pre pull, Glyph of mind harvest and ogre pinata
    7s to pull equip 2xpvp gear and dispersion
    1.5s to pull cancel dispersion and unequip them
    pot, on use trinket, MS, MB, DP, Sfiend, MB, MFI(4 ticks), MB, DP, MFI(2), MB etc
    I generally save halo for when we need to slightly reposition.