Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Girl who threw tantrum halting flight over nuts sentenced to a year in prison

The sentence:
    http://www.newser.com/story/202600/n...in-prison.html

The original incident:
    http://www.newser.com/story/199715/a...over-nuts.html

I'm glad that she's been punished at all, you'd think the daughter of a chairmen of the airline would be immune to that sort of thing. That's what she seemed to have thought, at least, and look at her now. I had no idea that South Korea took their personal image so seriously, good on them.

Somehow, though, I feel that she won't learn anything from this...if you're going to go so far as to delay an entire flight, a plane full of passengers that was already taxiing mind you, like they were ready to take off, over some macadamias given to you in a bag instead of a dish, I'd say there's a high chance that your entitlement or attitude or whatever has pushed you beyond the point of no return.
    Last edited by MonsieuRoberts; 2015-02-13 at 04:01 AM.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Well, that's just nuts. *shifty eyes*
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    all I can think of at the moment is

10+ Year Old Account
    Another stuck up brat getting what she deserves, just like when that little shit conrad hilton did the same.

btw this story made me think of this report last year, funny but also fucked up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess you can say

She was nuts ;D

Bit OOT if you ask me.

Not condoning the behaviour and think a punishment is great but feels like a sledgehammer to a nut.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Well, that's just nuts. *shifty eyes*

/10 charts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqueous View Post
    Bit OOT if you ask me.

Not condoning the behaviour and think a punishment is great but feels like a sledgehammer to a nut.
    She forced the flight to return to the boarding gate, which is a huge nono if its not an emergency. That breaks FAA and apparently also Korea's equivalent's rules, which a year in jail is suitable for.

Maybe with probation she'll get out in 3 months if she doesn't rage over the prison chow or something. If they have probation in Korea.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    She forced the flight to return to the boarding gate, which is a huge nono if its not an emergency. That breaks FAA and apparently also Korea's equivalent's rules, which a year in jail is suitable for.
    fuck no, if a judge gave me a year for that i would kill him, simple as that on my life and kids.

sure its an inconvenience but prison is real and this charge is a joke in the grand scheme of things
    Last edited by oxymoronic; 2015-02-13 at 01:47 PM.

Yeah that was retarded. I would just tell the flight attendant she can use the plane to get back to Korea but that she no longer works there so she can just take a break for the flight to NY and back.

I can see where she is coming from, flipping out on a cabin attendant in first class for screwing things up (especially the head cabin attendant. They should know their shit), considering she is supposed to be VP of Cabin Services for the airline. However she should have waited till the airplaine finished it's flight and THEN dicipline the poor bastard who fucked up.

Wasting the time of everybody on the plane for 20 minutes and forcing the plane to return to gate so the attendant could be kicked off probably cost the airline thousands of dollars alone in fuel, and they probably had to comp every single person on the plane for the disruption, and lets not forget royally pissing off the air traffic controllers and airport ground crew who had to shift sit around to accomodate her little tantrum.

Yes, the issue needed to be delt with. The way she handled it was completely out of line however, and she deserves to get smacked up side the head for it.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2015-02-13 at 01:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    fuck no, if a judge gave me a year for that i would kill him, simple as that on my life and kids.

sure its an inconvenience but prison is real and this charge is a joke in the grand scheme of things
    You know whats also really serious? fucking up air control and other flights because you have to pull back into the gate because of a non emergency. Thats why its a serious charge and deserves serious jail time.

Deleted
    fuck no, if a judge gave me a year for that i would kill him
    you do know that is also punishable by jail time right? just sayin... <.<

Deleted
    She even told the crew to get down on their knee's and say sorry.......

An inconvenience?!? An inconvenience is having your luggage flown to the wrong destination by mistake. Forcing a flight in taxi to return to the gate for absolutely no good reason and delaying the entire flight for upwards of 20 minutes is WAYYYYYYYY beyond an "inconvenience".

Do you have ANY idea how tightly run and scheduled an international Airport like JFK would be? Do you have even the smallest clue how many people a completely unnessicary 20 minute delay at a place like JFK would affect? How much something of that nature would COST in terms of the amount of things that would need to be shuffled around, re-directed, and re-scheduled all because of one executives power trip? She probably cost the airline more in blowback from fines and whatnot then the person she fired would have made in that year.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Legendix187 View Post
    She even told the crew to get down on their knee's and say sorry.......
    She was also appearently cited for "assault with a service manual". Talk about throwing the book at them!

I don't get it. She was flying the plane?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Deleted
    her dad should give her the whipping she should have gotten as a spoiled kid

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    I don't get it. She was flying the plane?
    She is the daughter of the owner of the company that ran the plane. She was offered nuts or some shit like that when she didn't ask for them. Flight attendant gets called over because it insulted her to be offered nuts since it apparently is a rule to not serve people macademia nuts unless they ask for it. She then turns the plane around to throw off the attendant and even makes all the workers get on their knees and apologize to her for not knowing how to conduct business. Employees and witnesses allegedly were also visited by corporate employees telling them to not tell what happened or else there would be "consequences."

What I wrote is probably not the whole thing but it gets the gist of it.
    Last edited by Ace192; 2015-02-13 at 02:57 PM.

Might do, and one year might be correct in their legislation, doesn't change the fact I think it's retarded though just means I think the legislation is retarded.

I know it's serious but a year in jail just seems excessive to me.