A Boomkin eclipse question

Hi there,

So picked up Boomkin after not playing it for quite some time. I have a quick question in regarding WHAT to cast when changing eclipse phases.

For example, if I am in my 'Solar Eclipse' and I am entering the 'Lunar Ecplise', should I be casting Wrath or Starfire? Is the damage of the spell calculated by when the spell is INITIALLY cast? Or when it lands on the enemy?

^^^^^ In this instance, I'm leaving my Solar Eclipse and entering the Lunar Eclipse. Do I cast a Wrath or Starfire?

Same goes for the same scenario, just different eclipse.

Hopefully I explained my issue properly, for some reason this is the part I'm struggling most with.

Thank you!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can start casting wrath when you are about to enter solar eclipse and start casting starfire when you are about to enter lunar eclipse. Since starfire is a longer cast than wrath you can start casting wrath earlier when you are leaving solar eclipse. At about 20 lunar energy left start casting wrath and at about 40 solar energy left start casting starfire.

When the cast is released is when either spell gets powered up. If you cast starfire while on the solar side but release it on the lunar side it will be powered up through our mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtburn View Post
    You can start casting wrath when you are about to enter solar eclipse and start casting starfire when you are about to enter lunar eclipse. Since starfire is a longer cast than wrath you can start casting wrath earlier when you are leaving solar eclipse. At about 20 lunar energy left start casting wrath and at about 40 solar energy left start casting starfire.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChenStormstout View Post
    When the cast is released is when either spell gets powered up. If you cast starfire while on the solar side but release it on the lunar side it will be powered up through our mastery.
    Ah I see, this makes more sense now, I'm gonna play around a little more and see if I can improve my DPS using the advice. Cheers

It's more ok for Starfire to fall in Solar, than for Wrath to fall in Lunar. Starfire is a long cast, it means you don't want to cancel it anyway and Wrath is short which means you can easily predict where it will land.

In other words, if you are awake and watching your eclipse, it doesn't really matter unless you over do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    It's more ok for Starfire to fall in Solar, than for Wrath to fall in Lunar. Starfire is a long cast, it means you don't want to cancel it anyway and Wrath is short which means you can easily predict where it will land.

In other words, if you are awake and watching your eclipse, it doesn't really matter unless you over do it.
    I'll piggy back on this since I have a similar question, regarding the same scenario, if you have the empowerment buff from starsurge, better to cast the empowered or switch to the relative cast for the side you're on? Or..cast another starsurge so you have both buffs?

Quote Originally Posted by dredlox View Post
    I'll piggy back on this since I have a similar question, regarding the same scenario, if you have the empowerment buff from starsurge, better to cast the empowered or switch to the relative cast for the side you're on? Or..cast another starsurge so you have both buffs?
    You shouldn't have Emp. on the way down, especially with Euphoria, unless you are unloading capped charges.

I guess it depends on how far in the next Eclipse the cast will land. Probably you should leave the Emp. up for the return trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    You shouldn't have Emp. on the way down, especially with Euphoria, unless you are unloading capped charges.

I guess it depends on how far in the next Eclipse the cast will land. Probably you should leave the Emp. up for the return trip.

Makes sense, I'm still leveling so a lot of the time, especially in lower level dungeons, I have to use starsurge just to get a cast off. Then I notice I am almost back to middle. Nice to know Euphoria will help with this. Thanks