Thread: I can't even...

I can't even...

Simply put my damage is crap, for my Ilevel, and I can't for the life of me figure it out. Embarrassingly I come to you guys to try and help me out, because I'm at a loss.

Here are the logs for tonight, I consistently did poop through the entire raid, as fire and Arcane. I don't like holding my guild back, and I'm almost at the point of deleting these characters and moving to Moonguard.

Please obi-wan you're my only hope...it seems.

Going to get a guildy to post logs since I cannot.

Quote Originally Posted by Etti View Post
    Simply put my damage is crap, for my Ilevel, and I can't for the life of me figure it out. Embarrassingly I come to you guys to try and help me out, because I'm at a loss.

Here are the logs for tonight, I consistently did poop through the entire raid, as fire and Arcane. I don't like holding my guild back, and I'm almost at the point of deleting these characters and moving to Moonguard.

Please obi-wan you're my only hope...it seems.

Going to get a guildy to post logs since I cannot.
    Here's logs link for Etti:

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/bA8BxHDgdMC9nXGN

Honestly with your gear i wouldn't even bother going fire, the low amount of crit you have is going to swing you dps wildly, even on those lots of cleave fights

As far as your arcane dps goes, i just looks like your not lining everything up, the other arcane mage is far more effective with his PC and his supernova's

My suggestion is to dump the AP glyph which will make your main burn phases less crucial to your overall dps. You should with little difficulty line up PC, AP and Supernova x2 every 90sec

Also when you use Incanter's flow you do have to pay attention to the levels so you can maximize your supernovas

You have more haste than Eyesevens but yet you cast less over the fights, and unlike your frost mage he doesn't take more damage to do more damage

Get the usual a decent mana bar addon, and for the love of god don't lose track of your mana, 10 seconds derping AB spamming will rat your dps
    Minimize your movement
    Know what's coming so you can plan ahead
    Lots and lots of weakaura's and tellmewhen's so you don't leave cd's for too long. No joke without these my dps while raid leading would be in the toilet, i have a bad habit of losing track of my short cd's like nova's, while yelling at people, 1 weakaura and it's never on 2 charges for more than a second
    Oh and a big thing to learn whether to blast or barrage at the end of your PC, if it finishes before you can get a blast cast off BAD, it sounds small but it adds up

Other than that it just seem to be learn to play, learn the fights and how your guild does them and adjust, and practice, practice, practice.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

If anyone see's anything else please feel free to tear into me. I need it.

Your opener on Oregorger confuses the crap out of me.

This should be the correct opener:

AB x4
    Trinket/AP
    Prismatic Crystal
    Dump AM Procs and AB onto crystal.
    Evo at 50%.

Your biggest problem has nothing to do with your rotation and much more with your casting and movement. You move too often and lose precious cast time. Also, your spellqueueing is broken.

Code:
    00:02:38.861	Etti casts Arcane Blast on Prismatic Crystal 2 (Etti)
    00:02:39.332	Etti begins casting Arcane Blast
    Code:
    00:01:48.834	Etti casts Arcane Blast on Beastlord Darmac
    00:01:49.240	Etti casts Arcane Barrage on Beastlord Darmac
    Code:
    00:02:13.508	Etti casts Arcane Blast on Beastlord Darmac
    00:02:14.598	Etti casts Arcane Barrage on Beastlord Darmac
    You have half-second to full-second delays between previous spells and the new one, when they really should be almost simultaneous. This is easily costing you 10-20% DPS. Are you waiting on AM procs before ABar? Or is your latency setting incorrect? Or maybe you just aren't spamming buttons hard enough?

U must spell que with ur high latency etti to maximize no downtime between casts. Also more incanters and ice flow usage will help. I notice movement fights is where u fall far behind eyesee.
    Last edited by Unholyfap; 2015-02-19 at 11:34 PM.

I looked at your beastlord fight ....

I know you have done some on the crystal but only 4 supernova during a 7min even if some don't appear cuz of the PC, you wait too long with the cd and lose lot of dps due to that. I would rather use my 2nd stack of supernova than wait 10-15 sec for the PC burst. I see 1 supernova for Oregorger but 7 hits so weird, but still low number for 6 min fight....

It's not worth losing a stack or more during the fight.

I'm guessing you are suppose to ST only for your Raid so I won't bother telling you how to aoe with arcane.

Rest of the post seemed to have covered the majority of your flaws: Bad use of PC, you can't stop casting and use ice floes to avoid movement issue, don't get below90% mana unless you are on burn phase.

All of the feedback is very helpful. I appreciate it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    Your biggest problem has nothing to do with your rotation and much more with your casting and movement. You move too often and lose precious cast time. Also, your spellqueueing is broken.

Code:
    00:02:38.861	Etti casts Arcane Blast on Prismatic Crystal 2 (Etti)
    00:02:39.332	Etti begins casting Arcane Blast
    Code:
    00:01:48.834	Etti casts Arcane Blast on Beastlord Darmac
    00:01:49.240	Etti casts Arcane Barrage on Beastlord Darmac
    Code:
    00:02:13.508	Etti casts Arcane Blast on Beastlord Darmac
    00:02:14.598	Etti casts Arcane Barrage on Beastlord Darmac
    You have half-second to full-second delays between previous spells and the new one, when they really should be almost simultaneous. This is easily costing you 10-20% DPS. Are you waiting on AM procs before ABar? Or is your latency setting incorrect? Or maybe you just aren't spamming buttons hard enough?

Sorry to "steal" the thread but how could you change it? I noticed differences aswell at my logs and Im spamming the whole time.

00:01:12.499 Kypes casts Supernova on Gruul

00:01:13.939 Kypes begins casting Arcane Blast

00:01:15.189 Kypes casts Arcane Blast on Gruul

00:01:15.684 Kypes casts Arcane Barrage on Gruul

00:01:16.772 Kypes begins casting Arcane Blast

00:01:18.399 Kypes casts Arcane Blast on Gruul

00:01:18.562 Kypes begins casting Arcane Blast
    Are these timings still ok? Or do i need to change anything? I am using quartz btw

10+ Year Old Account
    Just go back to Frost...your gear is completely multistrike-heavy, I'm assuming that's what you played and got comfortable with. You should be able to keep up with everyone else as Frost no problem.
    Last edited by Xuvial; 2015-02-18 at 08:19 AM.
    WoW Character: Wintel - Frostmourne (OCE)
    Gaming rig: i7 7700K, GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4, BenQ 144hz 1440p

Signature art courtesy of Blitzkatze

Nobody is going to point out that 1 mage already has 2 pc, the other has 4 pc, and both are higher ilvl? And they both have better weapons, which is a HUGE spellpower bump.

I mean, sure, he could play better, and I'm sure a lot of these tips are warranted, but let's not pile it all on his shoulders. Taking his dps out of the context of the gear level of the raid is just presenting an inaccurate picture.

Quote Originally Posted by Kypes View Post
    Are these timings still ok? Or do i need to change anything? I am using quartz btw
    What you linked looks fine except for the ABar that was casted 0.5 seconds after Arcane Blast. Either you weren't pressing Arcane Barrage quickly enough, or you had server lag.

It's pretty rare to see entire seconds of not doing anything, like in the case of the OP.

Lots of good info in this thread. Thanks alot.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    Nobody is going to point out that 1 mage already has 2 pc, the other has 4 pc, and both are higher ilvl? And they both have better weapons, which is a HUGE spellpower bump.

I mean, sure, he could play better, and I'm sure a lot of these tips are warranted, but let's not pile it all on his shoulders. Taking his dps out of the context of the gear level of the raid is just presenting an inaccurate picture.
    The gear isn't that much higher, though I will concede the set bonuses are a nice addition. However a thread full of people simply stating "Get better gear!" wouldn't be very constructive now, would it?

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...22&source=9,22

Compared kromog (normal vs hc yes) with my 654 mage since we did about same dps.(Just an alt so im not 100% with it yet)

-Low supernova casts(are u using every 30s and/or saving for 2 when crystal/aoe phase)
    -Low Arcane blasts/missiles(interrupting missiles??? moving too much??Doing nothing for a few seconds??
    -Only one PoM cast(use with crystal since same cd)
    -Bad mana management stay >90% mana if not bursting
    -Low arcane barrage casts(you do not reset stacks ??when below 90% mana and no procs use barrage to reset stacks)
    -Are you evocating 50-100% mana after burst? seems like you didnt use evo correctly
    -Use Ice Floes when you need to move(can be used mid cast) and Incanter's flow on movement fights
    Last edited by Holypaladin; 2015-02-19 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MeesterBuh View Post
    The gear isn't that much higher, though I will concede the set bonuses are a nice addition. However a thread full of people simply stating "Get better gear!" wouldn't be very constructive now, would it?
    No, of course not. I'm just thinking coupling the above with expectations based on gear is a more accurate assessment. The set bonuses and the higher ilvl/tier weapons are huge. You are right, ilvl isn't that much higher, which is my point. The ilvl of that weapon is a drop in the overall average, but the spellpower difference between the two makes them worlds apart. Same for the set bonuses.

You can't tell a race car driver that driving better will make him win races when his engine is flat out slower than the competition.