Deleted

4set from 2 set really a dps gain?

so i've just aquired the rest of my 4 set from BRF for arcane, so got pretty exited and it feels nice to play with, and since i've read everywhere that normal BRF sets would be upgrades even if you have mythic highmaul gear i tried it out.
    i tried to sim with just 2 set on and my mythic pieces, and then tried to replace mythic pieces with just normal BRF pieces in legs and gloves, and it gives me a ~500 dps loss?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onquest/simple

the replacements are mythic meatmonger's gory grips -> with normal tier set, and mythic sea-cursed leggins -> normal tier legs?

any1 know why? or is mythic pieces just better then the 4 set bonus?
    really hope i can get some clarification here, since all the places i saw said that it should be a dps increase to wear 4pc.

Quote Originally Posted by bullox View Post
    so i've just aquired the rest of my 4 set from BRF for arcane, so got pretty exited and it feels nice to play with, and since i've read everywhere that normal BRF sets would be upgrades even if you have mythic highmaul gear i tried it out.
    i tried to sim with just 2 set on and my mythic pieces, and then tried to replace mythic pieces with just normal BRF pieces in legs and gloves, and it gives me a ~500 dps loss?
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...onquest/simple

the replacements are mythic meatmonger's gory grips -> with normal tier set, and mythic sea-cursed leggins -> normal tier legs?

any1 know why? or is mythic pieces just better then the 4 set bonus?
    really hope i can get some clarification here, since all the places i saw said that it should be a dps increase to wear 4pc.
    I just simmed you myself, showing a 1.2k dps increase with the 4p compared to 2p + 2 mythic items.
    Last edited by Slykz; 2015-02-15 at 12:07 AM.

Deleted
    what settings did you use? i tried where i just logged out in 4 set and imported, and where i logged out in 2 set, simmed for 300 sec, tried both with elite skill and good skill both showed a 500 dps loss

Deleted
    To be honest hands is the gear slot that you should use offpiece. Both the tier and the hands you are using have shit stats from arcane PoV. Maybe that's why it show a bit of dps loss. Get head+chest+legs+shoulder and that will be the optimum. Otherwise use 4 set for when you switch to fire for the fights that fire is the better choice.
    Just for comparison according one table that is running around the mage forums - 4p is around 17% dps gain for fire and around 12% for arcane (that is total not from 2p to 4p)
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2015-02-15 at 04:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    To be honest hands is the gear slot that you should use offpiece. Both the tier and the hands you are using have shit stats from arcane PoV. Maybe that's why it show a bit of dps loss. Get head+chest+legs+shoulder and that will be the optimum. Otherwise use 4 set for when you switch to fire for the fights that fire is the better choice.
    Just for comparison according one table that is running around the mage forums - 4p is around 17% dps gain for fire and around 12% for arcane (that is total not from 2p to 4p)
    fires 4p is getting nerfed sightly bringing the total dps gain to 13-14% bringing it more in line with the other set bonuses. right now though it is just insane how good the fire 4 piece is.