What's the Optimal Way to Gear Fresh 100s?

How are you guys gearing your fresh alts to full conquest/honor gear?

In MoP I would just pay 100-200g/arena win to get my full conquest set and fill in any pieces I needed with honor gear, that doesn't seem to be the case this expansion. Are you all grinding the 27k honor for a set then doing 2s with pugs/friends for your conquest or is Ashran worth the que now and you can farm a decent amount of conquest by killing rares/doing the events? Are 2v2 skirmishes a good source of honor or is everyone queing with full gear? Do you find random BGs to be rewarding? The bags seem to have a low chance of giving gear to me. How about the work orders from the garrison building, do you find that it gives you what you need and broken bones to be an abundant resource?

How is everyone doing it, and what do you find to be the most efficient?

Do random BG's. I will get items from the strongbox so you can gear yourself with 600/620's items.

2v2 in 650 is kinda hard, even in 620's. Many people are half pvp epic + epic wep.

This is going to sound really dumb and might be server specific, but for me the fastest way to gear up a toon is to do Ashran. If you just hit 100 today you probably have the catchup bank of ~10k conquest. I just join Ashran, join the event group and follow them around while watching movies or doing some other work. Get AshranBuddy addon so that you know when the events are popping, and you can just participate in those.

You get 125 conquest per event, a chunk of honor, and a chance at a strongbox with even more loot. Unless you are an extremely skilled player and able to overcome the gear deficit, I think this is by far the fastest and most time efficient way to get gear.

As an added bonus, this is also the best way to get PVE gear on a new toon as the pvp items are only 5 levels lower than normal BRF.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Necropotence View Post
    This is going to sound really dumb and might be server specific, but for me the fastest way to gear up a toon is to do Ashran. If you just hit 100 today you probably have the catchup bank of ~10k conquest. I just join Ashran, join the event group and follow them around while watching movies or doing some other work. Get AshranBuddy addon so that you know when the events are popping, and you can just participate in those.

You get 125 conquest per event, a chunk of honor, and a chance at a strongbox with even more loot. Unless you are an extremely skilled player and able to overcome the gear deficit, I think this is by far the fastest and most time efficient way to get gear.

As an added bonus, this is also the best way to get PVE gear on a new toon as the pvp items are only 5 levels lower than normal BRF.
    only works on horde

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    only works on alliance
    Fixed that for yo.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ashran suggestion works if you can get in without queueing and aren't on the bad side of a faction balance. I did that last week on Alleria US as Alliance ... but we won quite a lot so as Horde (ON THAT SERVER) it might not work.On other servers, it might flip.

Between events, winning the main fight and artifact fragments you can get a lot of honor and some blue gear in boxes in 2-3 nights of fighting.

Also, build the Gladiator's building in your garrison so that you get Broken Bones when fighting which you then use for work orders... which will give you honor, some conquest and a few blue pieces (plus gold). It's not a ton of any of that, but hey, it's passive honor/conquest.
    Last edited by clevin; 2015-02-15 at 09:44 PM.

Ashran is the best way. A single afternoon of events + artifact fragment turn-ins will see you geared out completely in Combatant's gear (620/675) + Whatever the current catch up Conquest Cap will buy you worth of Conquest items (So, weapon + 3-5 items). Each event is 250 Honor + a chance at a box with a piece of gear in it, each 'daily bonus objective' at each Event area (kill mobs) is 150 more honor, and artifact fragments are 3 honor each. Its easy to net 30k+ honor in the time it will take you to fill out your catch up Conquest cap, which will mean youll be fully geared (there is an Honor and Conquest vendor in Ashran) before you leave if you have an afternoon to dedicate to it.

Its also a great way to skip straight to LFR, as the 620/675 gear is more than good enough for LFR, and the 660/690 pieces are as good as Normal BRF raid epics. (both iLevel 660 in PvE).

On servers where your faction isnt the one running events...

Just hit the LFG tool and find a group that IS, join it, and THEN queue for Ashran - itll take you to theirs, and you can farm away to your hearts content.

I am horde, so I guess this is server specific.

I don't know about other servers, but there is an unspoken rule on mine where the horde do the events, and the alliance kill the generals/town guards/something. The Alliance method is a bit slower on conquest, but they get purple stronboxes instead of blue ones. It's kinda like the old AV where both sides mutually agreed to just rush the generals because that way win or lose you got the most honor in the fastest way.

Just join an events ashran raid from the premade finder. Might have to wait in queue for an hour, and it will be ridiculously boring, but just farm the events on cooldown and you will be geared in no time.

Ashran, place sucks but it gets you conquest fast. If your faction isnt the one doing events, get your win, do BGs.

Deleted
    Ashran. /charlimit

Deleted
    Just spam BGs at the start, your gear gets upscaled to 650 and you get a lot of items from the boxes. The gladiator building is a very decent possibility if your server has Ashran where people are actually fighting each other so you can get bones (on my server they stopped doing that. Alliance is farming the boss and the Horde is doing events; besides that they are avoiding each other). I just asked in trade chat for people who wanted to cap for the conquest gear; matches at around 1500 are fast and easy. Not to many people are running heal.

I hit 100 on my 2nd toon this weekend and got 2 pieces of conq and almost full honor gear (am short just 2 pieces which are being held over by Aspirant) after ~4 hours of Ashran over 2 days. This is Horde side, event & rare farming only fighting road when there is nothing else to do.

Will be able to BG from here pretty comfortably without feeling like I am a detriment to my team.

10+ Year Old Account
    on my battlegroup alliance doesn't even try to participate on events anymore so i assume fastest way to cap conq / honor is ashran events. just follow others and afk while watching a movie or doing other stuff of your choice.

and blizzard calls this pvp. duh.
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.