Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    And how pray tell am I jumping the gun like normal please enlighten this poor peon???
    I didn't mean you. I ment the OP, people seem to react on the general comment and not the source.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by amani View Post
    when u play about 10y, like me
    Found your problem.

When you've been playing 10 years on the same game, new content is still going to have a feel of familiarity to it, and probably feel old faster because of it. Also, ask yourself how many video games you have played for 10 years, and how much you felt like you had to "do" by the end of those years. It's probably a pretty short list.

Quote Originally Posted by amani View Post
    snip
    I read the word "reward" alot but not the word "fun". I think you arent playing the game you started. Maybe time for something new if you ask me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I didn't mean you. I ment the OP, people seem to react on the general comment and not the source.
    Ahh k my bad sorry, just the way it was worded made me think it was aimed at me.. lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunnydee View Post
    I read the word "reward" alot but not the word "fun". I think you arent playing the game you started. Maybe time for something new if you ask me.
    This I would like to make as well. There is a lot of want want but not a lot of the other, it is when fun starts lacking for the player himsefl/herself that they should start reconsidering - not that the game should start changing for them for it is already close to being too late if fun can't be found but the word 'Reward' can.

For example, I raid Blackrock Foundry, and I am having fun on 2 bosses specifically. I even raid for the entertainment and the community, upgrades for me is just the bonus.

As well, PvP can be fun. BG's, RBG's, Arenas - all can be fun, even if you don't have any reward in it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Everything else pretty much is "Its not fun - FOR ME" what the hell is with that?
    It's the subjective complaint du jour for WoD. Each xpac has them. Standard protocol. If there were standard format daily quest hubs and valor points tied to 5-mans, then there would be more complaining about something else. Probably complaints about how Blizz never changes anything, scrubs getting raid gear without raiding, etc....lol.
    Last edited by yjmark; 2015-02-15 at 01:06 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This again.

Old news.

You are obviously bored and have beaten WoW, so move on. A new game is what the doctor orders. Sometimes it just is what it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, you have done everything the game has... Grats?

Do you expect it to have limitless content or something?

Just move on, WoW is not life's work or something, it's just a game.

Deleted
    What we have here is Cataclysm 2.0

We fell for the same trap TWICE guys...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

No, Cata has a profession system....

I will say that list does show there is plenty to do, unless you are a long time veteran. Odds are 75% of that stuff you already did in previous expansions, or have already chewed through in this expansion. Now for a newer player I could see how that list would be much longer and maybe give you some ideas of things to do.

I know everyone always says " well you haven't done X so you haven't done it all", but no one is going to do anything they don't find remotely fun for very long. My biggest problem is that most of those things on the list are things most players fill their time with at the end of expansion, you know when you have pretty much had a chance to finish everything out. I don't think I can remember a single time prior where I was already in " get the alts leveled and some gold made" before the first major patch came in.

I do still find things to have fun with or keep me interested, but that list is dwindling pretty quickly. I'm sorry but you really shouldn't be looking to old content to fill a rather large portion of your time this early in an expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    He is right there (BashiokAnother player, if you question who)... If you go "There's nothing to do" then there's the list you can start checking off.
    If you need to start drawing a checklist to stave off boredom and find something to do, the problem might just be in the game and not the player...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    If you need to start drawing a checklist to stave off boredom and find something to do, the problem might just be in the game and not the player...
    Well, just as much a the player if you need to have/follow a checklist. I don't follow it, for I don't have a problem having fun still.

It's true that there is not much to do that progresses your character. Raiding or PvP is all there is. Every other activity in the game is there for fun, for making gold, for making achievements, and all that, but it isn't there to progress your character. Which is sad.

During MoP, Blizzard had the intent that you should be able to make some progress for your character with whatever you do. So you could gain conquest points for doing pretty much anything. A small amount for doing trivial stuff, but still a gain. Now, this whole system is basically gone. Apexis crystals are not a substitute because the gear rewards for it are crap.

So either you play multiple aspects of the game because you enjoy them (which I do), or you need better rewards as an incentive to make you even want to try out different aspects of the game.

I think Blizzard should change the system to maybe something similar to this (just one of those):
    - Bring back the conquest point system *OR* improve the Apexis gear (which would in essence turn Apexis into renamed conquest points)
    - Whenever you do a daily/repeatable quest, or get a number of arena/RBG wins, you have a 1% chance of getting a top-tier PvE item for your loot spec, but you can only gain 3 items in total via this means
    - Whenever you kill a raid boss on a difficulty appropriate for your ilvl, you have a 5% chance to get a random PvP item for your loot spec. PvP gear is already easy to obtain anyway and this would maybe bring more PvEers into PvP

Basically, rewards need to be increased to provide more incentive for players that don't do other activities just because they don't improve character power. The best way to do this would be luck-based, like in Diablo where you have a very small chance of finding a super-strong item with whatever you do. Otherwise, a lot of content becomes completely obsolete for people who just want upgrades.

The poster got psychological reason behind doing one of those activities which he/she paraphrases as "stamina calculation" quite right in my opinion. His/Her post is insightful. WoD is too unstructured, no progress whatsoever outside of raids and no story is involved in any part.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    The problem isn't "there is nothing to do".

The problem is "it's an RPG and theres nothing to do other than raid which will advance my character."

If you don't, won't or can't raid, your character runs out of upgrades very quickly. If you do raid you are locked out of any chances of upgrades very quickly each week.
    Indeed. WoD is a giant resource/currency collection/management outside of raiding which is not progression. Also, other than raiding there is no progression in any term at all.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2015-02-15 at 01:45 PM.

Deleted
    When I saw that thread I just wanted to reply "all of these things are old content".

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post

The hype had us all fooled
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    The hype had us all fooled
    This.

The Lords of War episodes and the WoD cinematic had me really hyped, and then the expansion released.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Achor View Post
    No, Cata has a profession system....
    Can you explain to me how Cata professions was better than Warlords?

In cata I got most professions to 575(?) and that was it I was done.

I am still crafting stuff all the time in Warlords even 3 months in.

Making stuff to sell, making upgrades for AH or my Alts.

Having alts with L660 weapons is fun

OT: Not sure what to say.

I do 100% agree that there is not enough "playable content" in 6.1.

To me there are to many features (Blood Elf Models, Heirloom Tab etc) they should have done less features and more playable content.

Everyone on MMO-C and the official forums seems to be saying "there is plenty to do but none of it is rewarding".

I read this as "there is plenty to do but none of it ups my ilvl".

You do remember in Mists the amount of crying on MMO-C and official forums about being "forced" to do content as it upgraded/unlocked gear right?

My preferred option..

Bring the upgrade system back (just 1 level of upgrade maybe 8 ilvls).

Make it cost Apexis crystals.

Put a weekly Apexis cap in (at the cost of 2 upgrades).

Make large amounts of Apexis available from almost every activity in WoW, daily 5 mans, daily quests, world bosses, follower missions etc etc etc

Also make it so we can repeat the garrison mission weekly and not the super grindy daily mission, at least the garrison weekly has some context.

Also every single patch, should continue the story of the expansion, this is what is really really missing in 6.1, especially if you compare it to 5.1 which was some of the best story telling in WoW history.
    Last edited by mmoc3dde1cb131; 2015-02-15 at 02:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Quilzar View Post
    Can you explain to me how Cata professions was better than Warlords?

In cata I got most professions to 575(?) and that was it I was done.

I am still crafting stuff all the time in Warlords even 3 months in.

Making stuff to sell, making upgrades for AH or my Alts.

Having alts with L660 weapons is fun
    Professions in WoD are awful. No matter what you want to craft you need a material that you can only create once a day or through garrisons. Pretty much all professions feel the same, they all have the same items, the same upgrade tokens, they pretty much all require the same materials, the same amount of generic materials. Every profession has its own generic once a day item to buy recipes with. If you don't want to log in once a day and use your profession cooldown and do your garrison chores, you're not gonna craft much. I miss the times, when I could just buy mats from the auction house, craft something, put it on the auction house and eventually make a profit. I miss the times when I would get recipes from bosses, random drops or reputation vendors. I used to love professions. This is shit.
    Last edited by mmoc2222b8def1; 2015-02-15 at 02:13 PM.