Thread: [tv] grimm

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by phitness View Post
    Well for one Hank is a normal human and seems to hold up just as well as Nick when fighting vesen which is just crappy writing IMO. Early on in the first or second season Nick suddenly became a martial arts badass when fighting vesen which even surprised him because obviously he hadn't train in any real fighting style so that implies that Grimm are naturally talented when it comes to fighting.
    well maybe bad writing is not entirely to blame. have you ever been terrified? all your skill, speech, control, knowledge go out the window... humans die to wesen easily because they're terrified when they reveal themselves or are usually snuck up on and boom.

Hank was nearly undone by the reality of Wesen, now he knows they are real, he can at least offer resistance. I still think he comes off as too good, because wesen are supoosed to have supernatural strength and enhanced attributes.. altho it depends on the wesen.

Also Hank will know he has to try that much harder against wesen so it's not just a normal fight, you gotta put your game face on and really determined.

I think part of what gives NIck energy is that Grimms have a hatred reaction, and emotional reaction to wesen, you know like when you powerfully love or powerfully hate your attacks are always that much stronger.. I think part of the Grimms strength is tied to his emotional connection - evidenced when Nick loses his Grimm sight, he is actually weaker.. now he didn't stop being a Grimm, he just stopped seeing the wesen vogue. They describe how the eyes go black on a vogue, like a stone cold emotion coming over them, the unnatural nature of the wesen must really rub Grimms off the wrong way.. and it just sets them charged.

And yes, he is friends with Munroe, Rosalee and other wesen, but you can manage your emotions, and when you have a friendship connection you're not going out to kill, the physical reaction that is fuelled by part emtion disgust/hate is not uncontrollable,.. it's powerful, but not uncontrollable,

I would think that Nick actually enjoys slaughtering/beating wesen it gives a relief, the sort of feeling you get when you've eliminated a real threat of reduced the amount of evil in the world.. i mean evil should make a human being really riled up and itch that cannot be scratched until you get rid of the evil, and the wesen trnasformation and state is all the more intensifying to a Grimm, and being a cop, he gets to come across a lot of evil wesen, and can unleash his full fury, something he won't do on his friends, because he's not fighting them. Notice how in the earlier seasons he had trouble controling himself from slaughtering the criminal wesen.

It took a lot of self control and all his training as a cop to be able to stay his hand, this makes Nick one of the best Grimm's because he can exercise control over his physical tendencies..something many wesen struggle to do, which is why they have to keep killing humans or slip up a lot.

Saying that, I also think there is a supernatural power to a Grimm, like the wesen have, but opposite, almost like God's balancing of the aberrations. So it's not just emotional, but the emotion activates or amplifies a strength in the Grimm that is super human - to me it's like one of those parts of the brain that are dormant in most people are active in Grimms, and it lends them the extra capabilities.

Nick did get a booster from the Zombie encounter that's permanently a part of him, but they don't play it up much any more, no more or not many high octane fight scenes sadly.

- - - Updated - - -

btw.. did you notice how they did search for Trubble at all this episode? like they forgot about her, and we'd have to if the writers didn't show her coming out of that cage.

She looks like she's co-operating with them now, i wonder what they did to her? I have a feeling they trained her further,

And Wesen have serious trouble taking on Grimms, which indicates that whatever enhances Grimms, it's top stuff, superior almost or at least more advantageous to have than what the Wesen have.

I'm glad it was Trubble and not Juliette in the cell. Hopefully Julliette is really dead

Just a nitpick for you guys... they are spelled "wesen" and "woge." I always use subtitles.

dredging this up out of pure undiluted rage @ them bringing back that mary sue of a character. F$#$ this show.

am i the only one who doesnt think its actually julliette?

although i dont know if its because i just hope they didnt or because i actually dont

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AceGoodheart View Post
    dredging this up out of pure undiluted rage @ them bringing back that mary sue of a character. F$#$ this show.
    how in the fuck is she a mary sue?

shes an awful horribly written character but i dont see in anyway how she could be a mary sue, she had a shit ton of flaws
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post

although i dont know if its because i just hope they didnt or because i actually dont

- - - Updated - - -

shes an awful horribly written character but i dont see in anyway how she could be a mary sue, she had a shit ton of flaws
    I think she's actually Nick's greatest flaw, even death can't deliver him from that thing :\ lol

- - - Updated - - -

she's a low rank person who miraculously survives everything thrown at her before powers, even fighting back and surviving and/or saving the day in a minor capacity. Then, she got powers.......not even normal powers, she's now overhyped and seemingly can wreck anybody in the show. Now she's coming back revamped with no emotional connections to previous characters, all her power, and no drawbacks.....how is she not a mary sue? f%$^ her. I like bitsie as an actress but juliette? NO, kill it with fire ffs.

While I understand the sentiment, and I wish they would keep dead characters dead, in this case, it was kind of interesting. And it's the 1st resurrection. Thus, I'll typically give a show a pass the 1st time, but if she somehow continues to die and come back, it will hurt the show in the long run.

And trust me, I'm a fan of keeping people dead. I think Heroes ruined itself by always bringing Sylar back. He was dead, let him stay dead, and write in a new villain. It was just bad lazy writing.

I'd say the same about Agents of SHIELD and Ward, just be done with him, kill him off and write in a new bad guy. It doesn't matter if it's a new guy in Wards body. It's just bad writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    I'm glad it was Trubble and not Juliette in the cell. Hopefully Julliette is really dead
    looks on in sadness for Dasffion

you had me roflmao with that response, i had wondered what the reaction would be when I saw the episode.

I think it is Juliette. when they first showed the scene, I really thought for a while that Juliette cast some complex illusion spell on Nick so he'd move on and she would too.

I had always wanted a kick ass juliette on nick's side, altho I'm not sure I want her having much screen time, as a recurring character that plays a role in a wider arc, but no longer main cast.???

- - - Updated - - -

she's a low rank person who miraculously survives everything thrown at her before powers, even fighting back and surviving and/or saving the day in a minor capacity. Then, she got powers.......not even normal powers, she's now overhyped and seemingly can wreck anybody in the show. Now she's coming back revamped with no emotional connections to previous characters, all her power, and no drawbacks.....how is she not a mary sue? f%$^ her. I like bitsie as an actress but juliette? NO, kill it with fire ffs.
    man, I need to take lessons from you in how to internet rage

Wow they're finally going to bring back the key story line. I'd given it up for dead

being a mary sue requires having no flaws, julliette has tons of flaws. just because her hexenbeast powers are strong doesn't make her a mary sue.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

being a mary sue requires having no flaws, julliette has tons of flaws. just because her hexenbeast powers are strong doesn't make her a mary sue.
    she fits the bill, molotov her! and yes ravenmoon i'm raged out of my mind about it ;-/

I am an avid watcher of Grimm it's a cool show that keeps me wanting more

So. Meisner.

He's gotta be a Grimm, right? How many humans survive that long as deep in wesen affairs as he seems to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Seegtease View Post
    So. Meisner.

He's gotta be a Grimm, right? How many humans survive that long as deep in wesen affairs as he seems to be?
    I think he's just a wesen after last week's episode where he tells Nick he'll get the last one and you see him enter the elevator then a bunch of screaming. That sort of thing typically implies wesen eating someone's neck/throat.

Signature Created by Jassinta

wasnt he already revealed as a wesens?

i couldve sworn he was.

you know what i think would be cool? a grimm that is half wesen.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I think he's just a wesen after last week's episode where he tells Nick he'll get the last one and you see him enter the elevator then a bunch of screaming. That sort of thing typically implies wesen eating someone's neck/throat.
    Maybe he's just really brutal. A grimm can make a wesen scream too.

wasnt he already revealed as a wesens?

i couldve sworn he was.

you know what i think would be cool? a grimm that is half wesen.
    Well, we may have one in Kelly, but he's just a baby, so unless they pull some rapid aging crap, we'll never know.

Maybe he's just really brutal. A grimm can make a wesen scream too.

Well, we may have one in Kelly, but he's just a baby, so unless they pull some rapid aging crap, we'll never know.
    When we first saw the person in the shadows I thought Diana had rapidly aged. She gestated really fast iirc, but there's no reason for her to look like Juliette so that blew my theory quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    When we first saw the person in the shadows I thought Diana had rapidly aged. She gestated really fast iirc, but there's no reason for her to look like Juliette so that blew my theory quick.
    thats what i thought too

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    They still do it. In this last episode I know of at least once, possibly twice where they show it. It's the scene where they zoom in on his ear as he hears something he shouldn't be able too. Though admittedly in the one I recall it was during the dream sequence from when he was drugged.
    I just binge-watched Grimm, so it's fresh to me, but the super-hearing is a side effect of the fly thing that blinded folks.

- - - Updated - - -

So. Meisner.

The Royal Family are all sort of a nebulous thing, aren't they? They're not Grimms, nor Wesen, afaik. Early on stuff all said the Grimms worked for the Royals to keep Wesen in line, and then they have the Verat also.

So I just figured the Royals are something themselves, and Meisner is a minor Royal.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."