10+ Year Old Account

Detonate Chi question?

Has any figured out how to viably use this? I've been playing around with trying to keep track of orbs count but it just seem useless any advice will help!
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

a skill which costs mana but doesn't actually increase your HPS is a skill you should never use.

there are better ways to waste mana, like suiciding so your raid survives for 10-15 more seconds.

Deleted
    On fights like Grull or Butcher Detonate Chi can be usefull, especialy if you spec in Chi Explosion. Maybe not heal for a lot but can fill the gap while gathering chi.

Agreed with Floopa. It's not an HPS increase as the spheres detonate when they expire and heal a nearby target, anyways. I don't even keep it on my bars, there are far more valuable ways to spend your mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    a skill which costs mana but doesn't actually increase your HPS is a skill you should never use.

there are better ways to waste mana, like suiciding so your raid survives for 10-15 more seconds.
    So debating not using this spell at all now.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinai View Post
    On fights like Grull or Butcher Detonate Chi can be usefull, especialy if you spec in Chi Explosion. Maybe not heal for a lot but can fill the gap while gathering chi.
    Ok this is interesting because i thought 2 uplifts were better then a 4 chiex. Would chiex be higher in a fight like grul?
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Deleted
    With renewing mist is a bit harder to hit group that is needed. Chiex is maybe less heal but its more accurate. On HC first kill i go full crane stance on it.

Deleted
    Only good with chi explosion and even in that case youd prefer to Chi Explo > build chi > Chi Explo > Detonate Chi in order to cut down on detonates global and mana usage as much as possible.

It's never a hps increase unless your group moves around the room a lot but..... if you were moving out of poo or something and you had a lot up you could use it as a raid heal in that situation I guess? Although it wouldn't actually be a hps gain. But maybe if someone was on 10% and you couldnt heal them while moving you could press it and pray to RNJebus that they heal him I dunno.

Just making up excuses for it at this point.

Only good with a 4 chi ChiEx

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Twixtor View Post
    Ok this is interesting because i thought 2 uplifts were better then a 4 chiex. Would chiex be higher in a fight like grul?

At the moment if you're in crane with chi explo it has insane output when used at 4 chi with detonate chi. But you do like 80% overhealing which puts it below uplift most of the time. There are logs of people doing 70-80k hps without leaving crane on butcher mythic and by using chiex. But they have the entire raid stacked in melee and get 0 overhealing.
    So that's essentially doing a really dumb raid tactic that happens to make ChiEx OP

The crane version of chi explo is being nerfed in 6.1 & the serpent version of it buffed. Serpent version should be decent in 6.1 especially since chi explosion will be castable inside soothing mist. Means you can cheese 4 chi ChiExplos with 2 set. Should be good on some fights where it doesn't overheal. Maybe Gruul... blast furnace. Or maybe it'll be terrible. *shrugs*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spinandwin View Post
    Only good with chi explosion and even in that case youd prefer to Chi Explo > build chi > Chi Explo > Detonate Chi in order to cut down on detonates global and mana usage as much as possible.

It's never a hps increase unless your group moves around the room a lot but..... if you were moving out of poo or something and you had a lot up you could use it as a raid heal in that situation I guess? Although it wouldn't actually be a hps gain. But maybe if someone was on 10% and you couldnt heal them while moving you could press it and pray to RNJebus that they heal him I dunno.

Just making up excuses for it at this point.

Only good with a 4 chi ChiEx

- - - Updated - - -

At the moment if you're in crane with chi explo it has insane output when used at 4 chi with detonate chi. But you do like 80% overhealing which puts it below uplift most of the time. There are logs of people doing 70-80k hps without leaving crane on butcher mythic and by using chiex. But they have the entire raid stacked in melee and get 0 overhealing.
    So that's essentially doing a really dumb raid tactic that happens to make ChiEx OP

The crane version of chi explo is being nerfed in 6.1 & the serpent version of it buffed. Serpent version should be decent in 6.1 especially since chi explosion will be castable inside soothing mist. Means you can cheese 4 chi ChiExplos with 2 set. Should be good on some fights where it doesn't overheal. Maybe Gruul... blast furnace. Or maybe it'll be terrible. *shrugs*
    Thanks spin i appreciate the insight, do you think chiex will be good in 6.1 for serpent stance?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twixtor View Post
    Thanks spin i appreciate the insight, do you think chiex will be good in 6.1 for serpent stance?
    I'm a lazy guy and never touched PTR so I'm speculating. But if it works with the 2 set which I'm fairly sure it will, then it could be something we spec into on some fights I'd imagine.

I literally haven't touched gameplay outside of PoM/RJW since wod hit but I'm really hoping chiex and torpedo come out as strong talents to bring some better choice and more variety of skillful gameplay beyond timing with Pool of mist.

Balanced 90 and 100 talents would make us much more versatile. Mw feels like a bit of a 1 trick pony at the moment