Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    I'm sure Newscorp/Fox probably has sufficient ties with France that a French court would claim personal jurisdiction for the suit, I just have no respect for a system of law that would allow the suit to stand. The reason, again, why the law would be frivolous garbage in the US is because it can't overcome a First Amendment defense. A system where it could go forward is not one I consider to have much respect for freedom of speech or the press, "je suis Charlie" platitudes notwithstanding.
    I think Fox's admission that they just make shit up to fit a narrative would be good enough for me.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    If I were a tourist planning a trip to paris I would indeed heed the warning. I don't care what paris says, if its a problem than maybe they should fix it instead of pointing the finger at the whistle blowers.
    Stop making yourself look like an idiot. I live 2 hours from Paris and what you and every pro Fox news guy and the newsstation itself area saying is embarrassing on a whole new level. If you keep posting these things you just show us how you know 0 about anything that´s going on in the rest of the world

If "no-go zone" means an ethnic ghetto that's discouraging to people who aren't members of that ethnicity, well it's not like the US doesn't have those.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Paris would have to prove Fox was malicious
    Surely that's a given.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by mofi View Post
    If you keep posting these things you just show us how you know 0 about anything that´s going on in the rest of the world
    Well that is the chief characteristic of Fox viewers after all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurei View Post

You missed?
    10 hours of walking 90 seconds of video. I think one person actually insulted him.

Quote Originally Posted by SaigonRE View Post
    Why is it that every time I see a video or picture of modern France, it looks like a third-world country? I'm not talking about the people, but rather how there is trash everywhere on the ground, as well as how buildings and infrastructure seem to be rundown.
    That's what happens when your civilisation is 2,000 years old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    This is great. Hopefully Paris takes them for every penny they have, and shut down this shit poor excuse of a "news" station.

As an American, I am rooting for you Paris, France!
    I honestly, truly hoped I would never live to see the day someone said such a thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Redfingers View Post
    Because First Amendment of the US Constitution? Have you ever studied history? Alexander Hamilton was personally involved in the legal defense for a newspaper accused of "defaming" a public figure that just happened to be inconvenient truths. He essentially established the legal precedent that libel is not libel unless it is false. Such used to be standard practice during what we now refer to as the dark ages.

It is that freedom that allows us to lampoon Fox and expose it for the ridiculous charade of lies and half truths that it is, and it is that reason that the internet, when left unmolested, is the greatest reservoir of creativity and expression in the world.
    Your example describes inconvenient truths. This case involves flat out lies. Hardly comparable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    That's what happens when your civilisation is 2,000 years old.
    More like, That´s what happens in certain parts of every single big city in the world with no exceptions. Or he just simply doesn´t know what a 3rd world country is

Quote Originally Posted by Redfingers View Post
    Because First Amendment of the US Constitution?
    Also, "First Amendment hurr durr" is not a blanket protection against everything a person decides to say... ESPECIALLY WHEN WE'RE NOT TALKING ABOUT A CASE IN THE US. Just fyi.

The French aren't 2,000 years old. o.0 Completely different civilization than the ones that lived in the land they occupy previously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I'm done here, why did I actually bother to give a serious reply on page 1 I guess this is a perfect example of why discussions on the internet are so fucking pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    Overthrowing governments is far different than trying to influence a population

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Surely that's a given.
    It's a given not, actually. "Malice" in the 1st Amendment/definition context refers to "actual malice", but that term of art has nothing to do with ill will or mean-spiritedness. It means knowledge that the statements were false, or reckless disregard for the truth or falseness. The very fact that the French government's answer to the 'no go zone' charge is not to flatly deny any such thing, but to quibble over the classification of "sensitive urban areas" or whatever pretty conclusively rules out any proving that Fox News reported "no go zones" with actual malice.

Again, that's under US legal standards, if French law applies, I have no knowledge. But I do think the US standard is the just and reasonable standard if you are a society that jealously guards free speech and press.

Well that is the chief characteristic of Fox viewers after all.
    Quantity?

10+ Year Old Account
    Strangely i am surprised anew that Fox News is a legitimate, prosperous tv network. I mean they're pretty much Scott the D**k of the media world.

Well the truth is Fox news can say whatever they want about Paris, and nothing will happen. This is a good publicity stunt though, a lot of people have a malicious attitude towards fox news.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did Fox actually do something because while I don't like Fox News at all I rather they actually do something wrong and get tried in court instead of spiting them cause of their news reporting tactics and how they act.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

So, after brisking over the second post of the thread, it seems that it was a guest that made the comment and fox apologized for it. So why is everyone so vicious about fox news being 'liars'? Oh, that's right, because all publicity is bad publicity when it comes to fox news and all the people who hate them just because they don't support liberal agendas.

Also, why is everyone so vicious about fox news allegedly 'lying' when we literally have the president of the united states lying on record, and they don't care about that at all and bringing it up is just written off as racist or whatever?

The OP (who I originally quoted but removed said quote because, aside from the link, it was so petty and pretentious) makes it sound like fox news avidly lies, but this is like the first time I've ever seen people throwing such fits about news from fox that wasn't accurate. Then again, I guess when you are biased, facts you don't like eventually become lies in your own mind.
    Last edited by spinner981; 2015-02-17 at 06:14 AM.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post

To bad Paris didn't bother to sue this Russian news station before the ruble being totally worthless now.
    You realize that it's a government-owned channel? If you sue it, it will release 10x more anti-French propaganda, making it a new Afghanistan in the eyes of most Russian-speaking peoples.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    You realize that it's a government-owned channel? If you sue it, it will release 10x more anti-French propaganda, making it a new Afghanistan in the eyes of most Russian-speaking peoples.
    Or the Reason is rather that there is no legal security in russia and exspecially not when the goverment wants to make marine le pen look good to russians to justify giving her party money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    I guess we should start labeling any slightly elevated crime rate areas in the US as no-go zones under gang law.
    I think we should as well. It isn't fair to lure tourists into areas that have a high crime rate. This pc attitude is very irresponsible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sekach View Post
    Strangely i am surprised anew that Fox News is a legitimate, prosperous tv network. I mean they're pretty much Scott the D**k of the media world.
    Fox news is as American as apple pie, I bet you hate that also.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mercadi View Post
    So fox news, the most popular news outlet in the usa (by far) and also russias most popular news station are both wrong?. That is hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Or the Reason is rather that there is no legal security in russia and exspecially not when the goverment wants to make marine le pen look good to russians to justify giving her party money.
    Or maybe Russia is right and telling the truth?

Deleted
    Or maybe Russia is right and telling the truth?
    Russia thinks its unfair to imprison woman for life because of their gender and that homosexuality is an transmissable illness.

It can happen thought that they are right but not in this case front national is retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Russia thinks its unfair to imprison woman for life because of their gender and that homosexuality is an transmissable illness.

It can happen thought that they are right but not in this case front national is retarded.
    Well that's their beliefs, who are you to judge them or discredit them on everything for it?.