Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lolskillzz View Post
    pretty sure he (like I was) talkin about arena or 3v3 specifically. warrior damage is way to high and the class is way to mindless and very tanky even w/o a healor. and they buffed em....
    Wrong. Warriors are by far the weakest class in the game without a healer. Like, worse than ww monks and ele shaman.

With a healer/good partners warriors are able to mongo their damage because they have literally nothing else going for them. A good god comp is going to flatten the warrior in one one cc chain on the warriors healer without batting an eye.

I absolutely hate the spot the class is in right now. Queuing solo for pvp is just so shitty that I can't stand playing anymore but whenever I find a good partner or two I can faceroll harder than frost dks.

P.s. Shield barrier is so bad you mentioning it made me face palm irl.

P.p.s warriors should certainly lose some (more) damage on execute and maybe even ms but damage needs to be distributed so one attack isn't doing so much damage. Oh and warriors need hefty defensive buffs to not be so utterly useless without a healer.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2015-02-17 at 05:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Wrong. Warriors are by far the weakest class in the game without a healer. Like, worse than ww monks and ele shaman.

With a healer/good partners warriors are able to mongo their damage because they have literally nothing else going for them. A good god comp is going to flatten the warrior in one one cc chain on the warriors healer without batting an eye.

I absolutely hate the spot the class is in right now. Queuing solo for pvp is just so shitty that I can't stand playing anymore but whenever I find a good partner or two I can faceroll harder than frost dks.

P.p.s warriors should certainly lose some (more) damage on execute and maybe even ms but damage needs to be distributed so one attack isn't doing so much damage. Oh and warriors need hefty defensive buffs to not be so utterly useless without a healer.
    ^ This

As a Warr since Vanilla, they've always been the class that truly on shines in groups. At some OP moments (definitely not now) they were able to do okay solo, but that never lasted. Point blank - The Warrior niche is in a group 3+. Solo, most classes (when played at an average level) can beat a Warrior. Give them heals, cleanses, etc, and they become Juggernauts. Then people start the QQ. This is why Warriors have been so up and down over the years.

Most rant posts about Warriors come from just being beaten in 3+. Shocking - that's the point. Some shine in solo/small groups, we shine in a group.

But damn the facts, I say nerf us now, so in 6.2 they way overtune us for a while and we can be fueled by some real tears.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post

Then bring a healor with you when you que. I personally only care about the competitive pvp scen like 3s and rbgs to an extent. Any class can blow solo, but it doesnt justify the amount of pressure they can put out. And when they are being pressured, they still do almost the same exact damage while taking -20%. Fact is warrior damage needs nerfed.

Then bring a healor with you when you que. I personally only care about the competitive pvp scen like 3s and rbgs to an extent. Any class can blow solo, but it doesnt justify the amount of pressure they can put out. And when they are being pressured, they still do almost the same exact damage while taking -20%. Fact is warrior damage needs nerfed.
    It's posts like this that lead to nothing productive. You know Warriors were in meh shape a month ago? And it's already OP eh? It sounds like a L2P issue, pvp speaking. Coming to cry nerf is pointless. So I'll just go with - Fact: Warriors need a buff. They're not strong enough solo.

warriors werent in meh shape lol? glad stance was pretty redic. after they nerfed glad wars had what? maybe 2 weeks of that meh. even so warriors have and always will be a class that scales insanely well with gear and blizz buffed/nerfed a number of classes before the season even began. warriors not only scale well and do pretty crazy high dmg...ALL THE TIME, but they have a number of cds to prevent the dmg they take. you can learn to play an 8 sec cd on MS that does the same dmg if not more then most classes hard hitter....and it applies a MS effect? warriors dont need a buff and should be able to solo, if that were the case then why bring any other melee?
    Fact: Warriors are biased and feel they are and should be the only melee that counts.

warriors werent in meh shape lol? glad stance was pretty redic. after they nerfed glad wars had what? maybe 2 weeks of that meh. even so warriors have and always will be a class that scales insanely well with gear and blizz buffed/nerfed a number of classes before the season even began. warriors not only scale well and do pretty crazy high dmg...ALL THE TIME, but they have a number of cds to prevent the dmg they take. you can learn to play an 8 sec cd on MS that does the same dmg if not more then most classes hard hitter....and it applies a MS effect? warriors dont need a buff and should be able to solo, if that were the case then why bring any other melee?
    Fact: Warriors are biased and feel they are and should be the only melee that counts.

Ohh, that's right. The one new FOTM spec that was hot for 10 minutes while Arms and Fury were garbage.

Listen, you can be upset, but fact: Warriors need massive buffs all over so we can destroy the universe. The End.

Maybe go post on some Ret/Hunter/Rdruid forums next.

Just be aware, complaining at this point in time comes from not being able to handle situations in the scrub level of arenas. I'm not mocking you or being impolite. But really these are 1500 complaints. Tons of classes are ridiculous in the not-too-distant brackets and onward. Warrs are far from your major concern.
    Last edited by Snurgle; 2015-02-17 at 07:31 PM.

I agree a few other classes are redic, but that doesnt mean blizzard shouldnt address the elephant in the room known a warriors atm. quit deflecting and accept your class is imbalanced and need nerfed. period.

and why post on the ret forums? rets are trash atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warriors are how they always have been: bad without a healer.

They're pretty manageable if they dont have that sort of backup.

Only issue i have with them is, obviously, execute. Dare i say that they're the only class(spec) with an execute ability that, more times than not, it one shots people at or bellow 20%

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    Warriors are how they always have been: bad without a healer.

They're pretty manageable if they dont have that sort of backup.

Only issue i have with them is, obviously, execute. Dare i say that they're the only class(spec) with an execute ability that, more times than not, it one shots people at or bellow 20%
    Shadowburn is an excellent execute, insta-kill almost every time. Reaper when used right is also fantastic (A timebomb that you can also use other DPS abilities during? lolz). I mean, we can also make a list of non execute abilities of classes which are derp-tastic and do moronic damage before 20%.

The argument kind of falls apart when you look at it realistically.

Also, some of the top comps atm don't even have a Warrior in it... Just saying. There are so many more balance issues right now with classes other than Warriors. That's why it's kind of silly imo.
    Last edited by Snurgle; 2015-02-17 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snurgle View Post
    Also, some of the top comps atm don't even have a Warrior in it... Just saying. There are so many more balance issues right now with classes other than Warriors. That's why it's kind of silly imo.
    Last I check WLS was top team NA, js.

Last I check WLS was top team NA, js.
    Let's say you're right - a few WLS comps running around out of countless non-Warr comps isn't really an OP WARRIOR EPIDEMIC, lol. I'm with you though man. I would trade some execute DPS for more pressure above 20%.

And as for top comps: Any combination of the following are huge atm: Disc, Rdruid, Ret, MM, Feral atm are great. But lolOPWarr? You can say Rets are garbage, but in a group having that burst (which is like MoP Enhance burst), with SO much utility, plus a healer is amazing at the moment in any bracket.
    Last edited by Snurgle; 2015-02-17 at 09:02 PM.

wars normal dmg is pretty insane atm too lol? disc is pretty bad overall....any decent HIGH RATED pvper knows this. rets are a notch above WW... so either your trolling or a rat league/bg hero war who is stuck at 1500.

moving on, wars do to much dmg and dont need a def. buff. if anything rets needed that.

- - - Updated - - -

also their are tons of comp viable for wars at 2400+, kfc,turbo,WLS/WLD, TSG, WMD. just to name a few....they probably fit more with any class atm then any other class id wager.

wars normal dmg is pretty insane atm too lol? disc is pretty bad overall....any decent HIGH RATED pvper knows this. rets are a notch above WW... so either your trolling or a rat league/bg hero war who is stuck at 1500.

moving on, wars do to much dmg and dont need a def. buff. if anything rets needed that.

- - - Updated - - -

also their are tons of comp viable for wars at 2400+, kfc,turbo,WLS/WLD, TSG, WMD. just to name a few....they probably fit more with any class atm then any other class id wager.
    Do you not look at current classes and comps at all? lol.... I thought we had a moment, but it was lost at 'Warrs normal dmg is pretty insane atm too lol?'. Good luck buddy. Watch out fo dem Warrs in the 1200 bracket.
    Last edited by Snurgle; 2015-02-17 at 09:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This may be a stupid way to look at it, but since every class has it's strengths and weaknesses, can't a warriors strength be to be really good below 20%, and it's weakness being bad without a healer?
    Warlock (SL main)

thats the prob, wars do to good of dmg at all percents of health, something Snurgle cant grasp. I guess one does like hearing their own class is too good and needs toned down. and no warriors arent the only class. but this specific thread is about warriors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    So for everyone thinking that Execute is basically satan himself: Why isn't Monk op? He has an even better ability with a guaranteed finisher below 20% hp.

The answer is easy: Execute is just a mechanic like cc, slows and interrupts. We shouldn't try to make the game more boring and remove every single ability that does something unique. If warriors would deal less pressure, nobody would complain about execute, just as nobody complains seriously about Touch of Death.

(Also Blizzard loves stuff like this. Didn't Retpal have a similar thing, a debuff for -20% health on the enemy in Wotlk?)
    Monk isnt OP because we can't get someone in execute range before we drop like a noodle

10+ Year Old Account
    some weird things said in here, i dont think warr O/A is that insane. TSG needs crazy uptime..the problem is abilities that partners bring to the comp that abuse/increase that up time exponentially at little or no cost.

Execute isnt the problem, the reason people think that is because its super punishing in WLS and TSG because you're playing against toons that can keep you rotting.

- - - Updated - - -

minus WMD and turbo that's not far off imo
    Last edited by Lulbalance; 2015-02-17 at 11:36 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Signed.

Playing a Ret, I am in desperate need for any self defense buffs. At least make goddamn bubble non dispellable, it's about time our only good defensive becomes reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    Question - if Blizz can make items like Scabbard which was OP in PvP less powerful then surely they could make it so abilities deal different damage in Arena/BG than in raids? It's borderline impossible to scale it so we aren't best in PvP but don't suck at PvE as Blizz have proved 50 times and then some ...
    Has been suggested to Blizzard since the ORIGINAL BETA.

They have never so much as aknowledged that it would be something they might even think about.

It is, however, the only way the game is ever going to be balanced in PvP.

Dear OP... You could just play a better game, ya know. Near the start of mop I got fed up with blizzards crap. Justifying TFB was the final straw for me, because it rarely ever happened they said it was ok that warriors could one shot some one, they also argued that because you could see the stacks, you could predict it. Despite the fact A: you could leap on a random target and one shot them (literally, HS did your entire health pool) and B: Having RNG dictate that you win one in every 5 games b/c of the mechanic was pure BS.

So I ended my sub for the first time in mop, and only came back because of a friend to try out WOD. In that time I found GW2 pvp to be far better then wows, every class seemed really strong in the right hands. No class was getting instagibbed when played right, and with the general style of the game (and the constant balancing patches) things seemed decently balanced, and much better.