Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demonic Servitude.

Do you like it ?..

I personally dislike it and I find it unattractive.

I really want to know some other locks opinions on this talent.. I mean whats fun about a pet doing a huge % of your dps.
    Edit Signature.

For me it depends on what spec I am playing. Looks wise I find it ok as well.

I do like it for Destro. When moving with nothing to cast past the KJC/Conflags it reassures me that "Doomy" is still doing 30+% of my overall dps and well 2 of them is kinda awesome in my opinion (except in an enclosed area!).

For Affliction I much prefer SB: Haunt.

For Demo I like either of the other 2 talents. My take is what's the point in having an unique pet if you cannot use it?

Deleted
    Not really.

Mechanically it doesn't really do much, though with the imps dispel a buggy mess at least it provides a ranged pet with an interupt and some dps that isn't punished by movement for destro. It's also more attractive for destro to me since CR makes the rotation feel off and Cataclysm's huge cast time, need to target vs mobile bosses etc is annoying.

I find it aesthetically unpleasing though, having a big lumbering npc by me is bad enough when I'm trying to grind rep with bodyguards, let alone having a terrorguard getting in my way all the time. The infernal / Abyysal also loses a lot of it's appeal when it stops being a cool-ass meteorite that drops down, stuns things and then gets up to hit them a bunch, just summoning one by your side seems to miss the point.

Let me see if I get Blizzard's take on this right. Demonbolt, timed properly with procs and cooldowns and used in window where you can get off 6 seconds of casting is OP because it's doing 33%+ of your overall damage.

However, picking up a completely passive talent like Demonic Servitude and having that do 33%+ of your overall damage is completely acceptable?

Quote Originally Posted by iriecolorado View Post
    Let me see if I get Blizzard's take on this right. Demonbolt, timed properly with procs and cooldowns and used in window where you can get off 6 seconds of casting is OP because it's doing 33%+ of your overall damage.

However, picking up a completely passive talent like Demonic Servitude and having that do 33%+ of your overall damage is completely acceptable?
    Your demon is up for 100% of the fight, demonbolt gets used about 8-12 times over a fight and constitutes 33% of your damage. You might use other abilities 40-60 times and only constitute 12% of your dps.

I liked Demonic Servitude for about a day.

My thoughts are, is this 25% nerf to demonbolt going to be compacted onto the previous demonbolt pvp 25% nerf (total 50% nerf) or is this Blizzard making it a flat 25% nerf so that there are no differences between abilities in pve and pvp? If that is so then PVP can take a walk off a cliff.

I'm not wild about the talent.

1) Thematically it fits into Demonology the best, and at least prior to 6.1 Demo is the one spec that never uses it.
    2) When combined with Grimoire of Supremacy you do lose some on-demand burst, but your'e trading that for overall passive talent. And having that much passive damage is nice on some fights. However my big complaint is that the GoSup TG/Abyssal are just too freaking big and really clutter up the environment and can cover up your character.

On the other hand - running it with Gimoire of Service was nice. A permanent Doomguard, and then being able to summon a second with Dark Soul and/or trinket procs? Very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    My thoughts are, is this 25% nerf to demonbolt going to be compacted onto the previous demonbolt pvp 25% nerf (total 50% nerf) or is this Blizzard making it a flat 25% nerf so that there are no differences between abilities in pve and pvp? If that is so then PVP can take a walk off a cliff.
    PvP will be reverted and the flat 25% applied, no gain, no loss in PvP.

Deleted
    i don't like demonic servitude.

- it's boring and a no brainer. basically fire and forget until the fight is over.
    - the pet abilities are boring. spell lock, channeled root, aoe stun and aoe damage? wow. never had that before!
    - one pet, that means 50% of the talent is completely useless in a raiding environment (correct me if i'm wrong).
    - pet models from an expansion which is 7 years old - this bugs me most to be honest.

Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I definitely don't like playing with it 100% of the time, but that goes for almost any playstyle/talent.

Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    i don't like demonic servitude.

- it's boring and a no brainer. basically fire and forget until the fight is over.
    And yet a DS Demo build is significantly more complex and dynamic than a DB Demo build. Ironic, eh?

I like the talent, but I dont.

I do like the option to have a perma Doomguard and infernal. Aside from the infernal not being able to tank anything, its a great Demo farming pet. I like the idea of after years Demo finally having another option (6.1) outside of Felguard. Felguard is Demo, but I don't like that the Demon spec has always ignored all the rest of our demons. New Flavor.

What I do not like about the talent is its direct conflict with our 10 min Cooldown. Why should Servitude be weaker on short fights, just because it replaces a major baseline cooldown?

10+ Year Old Account
    100k+ Double Doomguard Affliction pulls say LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the talent but looking at aesthetics alone I find them pretty annoying. They're too big and noisy, coming to the point where I click-move them 10y away from me before a pull just to not have them in direct view haha.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

I hate The talent.. (from a demo point of view, as I find destro and aff boring)

For one thing, it's boring. Not only does it remove one of our few cds, it also require us to do nothing for it's value, other than normal pet control.. how anyone can like it is beyond me, but ofc we're all different..
    Demon bolt changed things for us, gave us a new take on the specc which I loved, simply said a more interesting destroying lock..

That it got nerfed is sad imo, and for ppl who want a choice, why nerf one talent and not bring the others up?( ofc imo not op, and with servitude behind the others since its passive) I get it got nerfed, but not totally buttered as is the case imo..

Hope things will change in the near future, and all these changes to warlocks would stop (and ofc while we're competitive)

Ofc this is just how I feel
    Last edited by Neevs; 2015-02-19 at 11:39 AM.

I like servitude quite a lot actually. Thematically I think they fit warlocks really well. Big, powerful demons under our control. In terms of gameplay, I really don't think you can deny some of the luxuries DS gives us. Assuming its a raid environment and were using the doom/terrorguard, we have much less of a movement penalty, which is huge IMO. We also have a very strong interrupt that is off the gcd (sort of, it just stops the pet from casting, not us). If the damage DS does is competitive, I'd happily take it.

It does amazing amounts of damage without micromanaging, gives me an interupt, doesn't have a huge cooldown, boss can't move away from it and it doesn't nerf the shit out of my fillers. It makes my numbers bigger and has a utility, works just fine for me.

It does amazing amounts of damage without micromanaging, gives me an interupt, doesn't have a huge cooldown, boss can't move away from it and it doesn't nerf the shit out of my fillers. It makes my numbers bigger and has a utility, works just fine for me.
    And has the added luxury of making the overall spec significantly more dynamic and mobile than being a Demonbolt turret ever could.

Your demon is up for 100% of the fight, demonbolt gets used about 8-12 times over a fight and constitutes 33% of your damage. You might use other abilities 40-60 times and only constitute 12% of your dps.
    Which is exactly why they did it wrong. Example: Instead nerf Demonbolt ~20% (still keeping it relevant perhaps on some fights), but push 10-15% of that damage into sb/sf.