Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Everyone knows that Tanaan jungle is next WoW expansion for 49.99 and it also brings new version of draenor with flying. 99% of 6.2 will be scrapped anyway.

Hooray! Two tiers and then 18 months of waiting for the next expansion! I'm sure they'll keep us busy while we're waiting with major content like Facebook integration and even more AFKgarrison!
    Last edited by iriecolorado; 2015-02-17 at 10:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cityfella View Post
    Where does it say there wont be a raidzone in tanaan? Heard alot about there only beeing 2 raid tiers this exp. Though never seen it confirmed or talked about from anyone at Blizzard.
    Yeah, I'm with this. I've seen countless people saying it's like half an expansion or whatever with only 2 tiers but when did Blizz ever say this?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    People have been "outraged" by every single detail of Wod no matter how trivial so how would this be any different? Perhaps if players were a little less "outraged" it would be easier for constructive feedback to get to Blizzard rather than having it all drowned out by incessant whining.
    ^This, a thousand times this^

I would have never guessed that WoD would suck a girthier one than that pos Cataclysm.

But there it is.

*gaaaaag*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    lol yes. We should be grateful they're wasting time making a jukebox system that's smothered in rng red tape just so we can listen to different music in our garrisons..... something a third-party addon has been doing this whole fucking time.
    Good point. Glad to see what resources are ACTUALLY costing 6.1 a raid tier.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SteveRocks View Post
    ^This, a thousand times this^
    What can we say? Not everyone is blindly accepting of WoD design choices... regardless of their poor quality. But glad to see Blizz still has its supporters, even in an overpriced, lackluster expansion.

The non-BG part of Tol Barad was pretty decent. The BG isle was a bit shit though.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marema View Post
    Whats the problem exactly? Tanaan jungle in 6.2. Let's just pretend that will also include the last raid for this expansion. What is the issue? As long as that raid doesn't last a year who cares. Maybe they'll release the next expansion early next year.

I'm fine with that.

Some of you really need to take a break of the internet and go outside.
    Seem the problem largely lies with the fact that you must only raid and not much else in this game. Overtime the world content has taken a farther back seat to raid content bar non. What world they manage to pump out now is more based on the Timeless Isle approach, which is fine for those that just want something to mindlessly grind to keep them busy. If they actually put more in like Isle of thunder, Barrens, or krasarang wilds it would probably cost a raid tier to do so.

Blizzard would have a massively difficult time putting forth another TBC or Wrath with this current crowd of people playing this game now. They Want to play WoW like the play CoD, D3, or some other game that pumps out DLC's like license plates. Problem here is Blizzard can only pump out so much content so fast WoW is not a game meant to be slapped together and presented to the masses. It a journey that, is largely not a journey anymore. It just a bunch of crap wrapped in a pretty package to be consumed as quick as possible now. Some people want the epic feel back that they had during the best two expansions in the game, MoP came close but they got a lot of flack over it length, so now they are going to make small expansion, but the cost to the player remain the same or more per the amount of content or the lack there of in order to pump out expansions faster.

In comparison to the past what the initial launch content is by far getting less and less. People want to measure expansion by boss's and dungeons, but it the world that gets smaller and smaller in the way of content. In order to continue to sell this current content with a no flying flavor they have to centralize every thing to the garrison to make people not want to fly and they think if they keep doing this people will just largely forget about flying. Problem is they better be designing for this way in the future because they are forcing people to centralize in one place and not want to be part of the world they create for them to go out in. The game used to be more the opposite in making people go out in the world, but over time they made them so lazy that most just won't move now.

I still wonder why they still talk in the language of expansion, when all they really need these days is to be talking in terms of content patches and not expansion, because its content patches that they are now trying to sell as expansion content. This game can no longer be compared to its previous content, because it can no longer measure up to them in terms of epic quality. People like yourself measure this game by the raid content, because that is mostly all you do with the except of a few other things. We keep getting less and less actual story and more tedious crap to keep us busy for months and years at a time. If something isn't truly of epic story quality in 6.2 and beyond, I am done. I have played this game for its epic story quality, that seems to continue to take the back seat to the raid quality that not even more than a 30-40% of the player base does outside of the LFR.

Whats the problem exactly? Tanaan jungle in 6.2. Let's just pretend that will also include the last raid for this expansion. What is the issue? As long as that raid doesn't last a year who cares. Maybe they'll release the next expansion early next year.
    The problem with that would be the expansion would feel like pretty shit value for money, and then we'd have to stump up another £35 for what would probably be an equally short expansion, and frankly I'd rather spend my money elsewhere. It'd just starts to feel like they're gouging our wallets.

If it's ever announced the 2nd tier is the final tier, my sub would drop ASAP. I'm not yet convinced it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Backjauer View Post
    The non-BG part of Tol Barad was pretty decent. The BG isle was a bit shit though.
    Actually, I kind of agree with this.

I ground out the drake when it was current, none of the quests were too intrusive, and the only shitty thing about the layout of the island was having to dodge the elite, flagged, alliance patrols, and not being able to get past the alliance base most of the time.

The layout was very ground-mount friendly (see: anything in WoD involving archaeology.) but not completely uninspired or without snags. the quests were simple to complete and the rewards on the isle for rep weren't half bad either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even the Battle for TB was better than Ashran though tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Even the Battle for TB was better than Ashran though tbh.
    Eating a sandwich that was disposed of in an ashtray is better than Ashran.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ttak82 View Post
    It will likely be one raid. However, the last raid wing being in stormwind is a possibility.
    They can feel free to set it in the park.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Still makes no sense, as what you claim the first zone in WoD has is 90% wrong.
    The starting area of WoD, had rep factions, a unique currency, mounts, pets, toys, raid bosses and daily quests? I didnt think so.
    Read it again then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Tol Barad was a mess. There was one rep faction for each side, so no "factions". The unique currency was used strictly for mounts, pets and toys. It's as much of content as a single yearly world event is, it just took more time to get everything you may have wanted. "Raid bosses" were faceroll tank and spank fights, just like in WG. Dailies made me want to poke my eyes out, not only were they terrible on their own, but fighting the Horde for them was simply the worst experience I've ever had in WoW.

I'll take another zone like the starting zone of WoD over another bullshit of a daily zone like TB every day.
    K, you didnt like it, but to say it had less than the tanaan scenario is objectively false.

As for the bold part, 1 for each side? We have 2 sides, so there were 2 rep factionS.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

I think patch 6.2 will drop between a month to two months after 6.1, purely because 6.1 doesn't have any REAL time consuming content to hold you over with

This is half an expansion. Since Blizzard really does make half revenue. You will have another tier next exp which will take place partly in Draenor. I predicted this expansion feels like half months before release and people laughed. Lets see what they do now.

Wait, is this really that big of a thread?

That being said, it's not that clear cut. Next garrison campaign will set up the invasion. Not saying that it will be the invasion. It's very possible that it will end with something like "We found a weakness, now we need time to exploit it".

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Wait, is this really that big of a thread?

That being said, it's not that clear cut. Next garrison campaign will set up the invasion. Not saying that it will be the invasion. It's very possible that it will end with something like "We found a weakness, now we need time to exploit it".
    wasnt that what the daily hub at docks would have been ideal for? and frankly, given how quickly we dispatched half the warlords and conquered majority of the draenor already, with little resources and only a help of one orc clan and draenei, it doesnt feel like we need to make some huge preparations before storming tanaan... but I guess we need to blow a hole in the mountains or smth to get access (since we, apparently, forgot how to fly), so thats as valid excuse as any for making us wait

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That gate is the gate that's the entrance to Talador. Tanaan is tiny.
    It's not. The opening zone Tanaan jungle only covers the eastern part of the zone.

Comparatively to the BC map, the Tanaan opening area is that area immediately surrounding the Dark Portal, and the gate is that one strip of land that connects it to the rest of the zone.

Also for comparison, the gate on the Talador side of the zone is that hill where the big mess of Ravagers hang out between Hellfire and Zangarmarsh.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amazing that they've managed to strip stuff from launch and sell it as new content across two entire patches cycles. They've literally made an entire expansion out of nothing but launch content (ignoring whatever raid they produce in 6.2, which is saying fuck all for someone like me that doesn't raid) and charged us more for the privilege. Tanaan itself is absolutely nothing noteworthy, we should have had it months ago already and be looking forward to exploring Farahlon. So much for their enormous team increase.

I'm with the "I hope there's two raid tiers then a new expansion" group. The sooner we move on from Draenor the better.