Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror

So how's affliction in brf?

So I've recently leveled up my lock alt as affliction /demo and enjoy affliction. How's it doing in brf? Competitive numbers or destro/demo still the way to go?

Deleted
    Affliction is shit bacause nearly all fights are AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by soulcrusher View Post
    So I've recently leveled up my lock alt as affliction /demo and enjoy affliction. How's it doing in brf? Competitive numbers or destro/demo still the way to go?
    Good for oregorger and gruul afaik, for the rest it's demo all the way as most of the fights are aoe.

Deleted
    Currently prettymuch inferior to demonology on everything I think.

Might be better in 6.1 when demo gets nerfed and affliction buffed.

It's decent for most fights that aren't 4+ mobs or ads. So ideally any single tar fight, Hans and Franz, Flamebender, Oregorger, etc.

If you're looking to stay affliction, consider using Cata talent for those heavy AoE moments.

Deleted
    Iron Maiden, Hans and Franz, Flamebender, Ore, Gruul, Blackhand are bosses where it shouldn't suck too much compared to demonlogy

especially not after the nerf and affli's buffs
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2015-02-17 at 06:44 PM.

Fun for fighting ore gorges, so you can keep your dots up while you run round like a madman on the pacman phase.

Most other fights have enough adds to justify using demo as the go to spec. I miss playing aff.

Maidens is great if you can keep 9 dots up and dodge bombs

Quote Originally Posted by Aintreal View Post
    Affliction is shit bacause nearly all fights are AoE.

It's comments like these that make me wanna puke. Aff isn't made for AOE... BRF also doesn't "require" aoe on 90 % of the fights.

Quote Originally Posted by goostoff View Post
    It's comments like these that make me wanna puke. Aff isn't made for AOE... BRF also doesn't "require" aoe on 90 % of the fights.
    Right, just get other people to carry your aoe. Not sure what affliction buffs you guys talking about. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/175...arlock_talents

State of affliction

Mediocre ST, mediocre cleave, horrible aoe.

Affl remains a dead spec in my book.
    Last edited by kamuii; 2015-02-19 at 07:00 AM.

doesn't do too bad on hans and frans, my guild has 1 aff and 2.5 demo and the aff usually beats us on H&F. He also lives in the 60+ percentile for his ilvl and is usually up higher

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuii View Post
    Right, just get other people to carry your aoe. Not sure what affliction buffs you guys talking about. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/175...arlock_talents

State of affliction

Mediocre ST, mediocre cleave, horrible aoe.

Affl remains a dead spec in my book.
    What? According to Sims Aff is our top ST spec, it also has a long history of underperforming in said sims and being far better in real encounters. It's just the way its made as a DoT spec with a pet, it's basically immune to movement, and can spread damage everywhere. Always has been, always will be strong; it only gets eclipsed when something else is tuned miles ahead - then they usually get nerfed and Aff remains.

As linked elsewhere
    Aff PTR-

Demo PTR-

Destro PTR-
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2015-02-19 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's pretty interesting Jessicka.

Kinda got used to Demo now (never really played it until Warlords) but if Aff is as viable as shown in those pics, I might try it again soon.
    Ryzen 7 5800X - RX 6900 XT
    Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO - Crucial Ballistix DDR4 32GB 3600Mhz - Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280
    Corsair 4000D Airflow - 1x ASUS 27" VG27AQ - 2x iiyama 24”

According to WCLOG stats, pretty terrible
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#dataset=75

Is there any affli buff in 6.1 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    According to WCLOG stats, pretty terrible
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#dataset=75

Is there any affli buff in 6.1 ?
    No one's playing Aff at the moment you're showing us 24 parses which is basically meaningless, because of the current strength of Demonbolt.

Aff is good single target but its worse then Demo specifically in BRF because allmost all fights involve at least some aoe/cleave.
    BETA CLUB

Some people need to realize that just because a spec is good at AoE, it doesn't mean that makes you an amazing player or even a true asset to your team. Some more progression focused raid teams rather have players go single target than just spec demo/cata and win. Specially now with the incoming DB nerf, Affliction (and destro isn't doing bad either) can be used interchangeably between fights.

Also, and it goes without saying: BOSS DEAD > Your precious parse ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhadamanthos View Post
    Some people need to realize that just because a spec is good at AoE, it doesn't mean that makes you an amazing player or even a true asset to your team. Some more progression focused raid teams rather have players go single target than just spec demo/cata and win. Specially now with the incoming DB nerf, Affliction (and destro isn't doing bad either) can be used interchangeably between fights.

Also, and it goes without saying: BOSS DEAD > Your precious parse ranks.
    Good points to which I will add that a person's mileage with a particular spec will depend heavily on how well they have mastered it. You really have to get your UI right and rotation needs to be second nature. One reason why I think a good warlock is one who keeps all three specs in their arsenal.

Personally, I'll probably go back to Aff for ST but Demo for AOE - mostly because the stats translate well from one to the other.

@Jessicka - are those ST Sims based on heavy or light movement? I can see where Destro - GoSac_AD_CR would be potent if you have light movement...be total ass on something like Blackhand.
    Last edited by Kashii; 2015-02-19 at 04:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kashii View Post
    @Jessicka - are those ST Sims based on heavy or light movement? I can see where Destro - GoSac_AD_CR would be potent if you have light movement...bot total ass on something like Blackhand.
    Presume they're Patchwerk, I should have quote boxed them, sorry, they were originally linked on page 14 of the 6.1 discussion thread.

I agree, Sac for either of Aff or Destro would be rather less good when movement happens.