Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathayus View Post
    Is it just me or is this all a bit of mountain out of a molehill....

With all the many many issues with WoD, we're being with distracted with crap like twitter integration and heirloom tabs... Heirlooms are a temporary problem, once you level up, which is a few days work in WoD, just get rid...I really don't see what all the fuss is about.

Heaven forbid Blizz actually address real issues, like lack of anything to do outside raids, god awful rep grinds, decimation of professions, lack of flying. But I guess twitter integration is a REAL issue. Way to go, house is on fire and your mowing the lawn.
    Blizzard is able to more on more than one thing at a time, the people working on something like the Heirlooms Tab or Twitter integration might not even work on the things you mentions anyways.

As someone who had 12 90s at the end of MoP and plans on leveling more alts come 6.1 I would be all for more Heirlooms slots.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

I disagree. I wouldn't like the idea of buying heirlooms, just to replace them with stronger gear while leveling. Heirlooms should remain as they are, being better than anything else that can drop for you during the leveling process.

I would like to see them do two things with heirlooms.

1) Ability to turn off the XP boost so you can play with friends who don't have them, and not level past them crazy fast.
    2) Change the transmog rules so you have more freedom to transmog them into higher level gear when you are still lower levels.

They need to make heirlooms for every piece now. As it stands the only pieces you replace while leveling are belts/boots/wrist/gloves/Neck(soon to be obsolete)/ and rings

The leveling up gear makes no damn sense anymore. If your a new player and you go through your first 60 levels with gear redesigned for cata leveling.

Then you get to TBC and its a total clusterfuck. Its the gear equivalent to putting song lyrics into google translate and translating it to Chinese and then converting it back to English.

its where you get the plate gear with Int/Stam/Agi because now all that gear used to have +spellpower +healing that got converted when they got rid of those stats and consolidated it into Int. It used to have hit, now it doesn't ect, ect.

then you get to WotLK where you finally start getting gear with haste which is something that hasn't been on gear. But that gear has been messed up now too because the gear that used to have armor pen now has nothing and all the hit is gone which also leads to more gear with more confusing stats. and all the gear with +attack power guess what...that's all gone too.

then you get back to your cata gear and where it starts to finally make sense, but guess again...because now you have mastery to consider. New players start going well wtf is this good? do I stack this now?

You make it through those 5 levels thinking boy that was weird I hope I'm picking the right stuff. Then you get to mop and it gets a little easier the quests now look at what spec you are and only suggest stuff you can use so your less likely to screw up your gear choice because basically the game is just like here...put this on. But again Hit/experise/ect all used to be on that gear too and a little of all that is lost in translation.

Finally you make it to WoD and now there are all these new tertiary stats and THE GEAR SWITCHES WITH YOUR SPEC. So now the player is basically wtf what is good for me what is not. Why haven't I seen any of this stuff on anything before now what the hell is going on.

as opposed to me just slapping on some heirlooms and going to town for all 100 level. The level up gear is a completely nightmare with no rhyme or reason to it at all anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Aceveda View Post
    Here's an idea: What if heirlooms were just experience enchants for your gear? That way everyone keeps their experience boosts and regular drops becomes exciting again.
    This assumes you ever found drops in leveling dungeon that weren't crazy rare exciting to begin with.

I can pretty much tell you the only three drops I found exciting enough while leveling to even remember: the sword and horse from Stratholme, and the dragon from that Skywall 5 man. Already had both mounts, didn't want the sword, but the rarity of simply seeing them without farming was nice. Junk you've seen over and over as you've leveled just isn't that awesome. Even less awesome is needing the piece but losing the roll to a hunter that can't even equip it.

Heirlooms let me avoid loot drama while leveling. They help me not worry if I haven't seen a pair of boots drop, let alone having won any, for the past 50 levels. Even if they were questing green equivalent I'd take that over rolling against that guy who is need rolling every item but is still wearing his stater whites. I want less drama, not a supposition of excitement over loot I'm going to vendor sooner or later.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustfizzle View Post
    'The team will consider adding more heirloom slots, but they don't want to let you fill every slot with heirlooms, as you would never get any gear upgrades while leveling.'

Why not simply tone heirlooms down a bit, so that blue rewards/drops will be stronger for like, three to five levels...? Epics could be stronger longer, so that tagging along with a guildie running through raid is not a waste of time, but a meaningful upgrade for most of the expansion.
    Heirlooms could be the weaker but passive choice, while managing upgrades would be slightly stronger.
    Wouldn't the exp bonus outweigh any speed gained by increase in stats? The item would have to be MUCH stronger to warrant losing the experience boost.

I agree though, making the drops stronger would be a solution. But how would that affect ilevels and such? You can't just increase the item budget, you would just inflate all gear.

An even better solution would be to delete them all. They never should have existed in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    An even better solution would be to delete them all. They never should have existed in the first place.
    No can do. There is now a Personal Chauffer token for all level 1s on your BNet account if you collect all of the heirlooms It's part of the exciting 6.1 content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Snake View Post
    So I give my gear an experience enchant, and when I get a new piece of gear the enchant would transfer over to the new gear? Might as well just make it a passive ability then. Or just increase experience gain overall by 50%. Would fuck with the people, who don't want to level too fast, but what can you do. But even then, heirlooms would still be the best thing to wear at all times.
    Or just remove leveling overall, since that's what they seem to be working towards. They are delegitimizing leveling with each expansion. They should just drop the pretense of trying to streamline leveling and making it "fun" and "dynamic", since all these changes accomplish is making people resent leveling even more. It definitely doesn't feel like an RPG anymore.

Meh - if you don't like leveling, they are godsent. If you enjoy leveling - don't use them. I don't think certain playstyles should suffer if not needed.

7+ Year Old Account
    But that's just a bad way of looking at it. "Never get any gear upgrades while leveling" well I mean the only thing that's left are wrists, gloves, boots, and 1 ring slot. If they don't want to add more heirlooms with XP bonuses fine, but at least add scaling items to those slots. 4 item slots left to upgrade is a joke. Further, why can't we have full heirlooms? We're getting level 1 mounting in 6.1 and blizz has said themselves that max level content is their focus. There's also a level 90 boost. Why can't I level with an heirloom in every slot because I think it would be fun. 1-89 is a "trivial" experience anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    Meh - if you don't like leveling, they are godsent. If you enjoy leveling - don't use them. I don't think certain playstyles should suffer if not needed.
    The whole 'if you don't like them, don't use them' angle doesn't really work here, seeing how much further heirlooms have helped trivialized things like leveling dungeons, and even further imbalanced low level pvp.

They were just a bad idea to begin with, that's all there is to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Why not just remove normal gear while Leveling? Then we wouldn't have to worry!

The whole 'if you don't like them, don't use them' angle doesn't really work here, seeing how much further heirlooms have helped trivialized things like leveling dungeons, and even further imbalanced low level pvp.

They were just a bad idea to begin with, that's all there is to it.
    Even without heirlooms, dungeons are trivialized. Don't fool yourself into thinking heirlooms are the main reason for that. They just make trivial things a bit more trivial. Dungeons got trivialized because Blizz made them faceroll for anyone. Try running them without heirlooms - and you'll quickly see that heirlooms do not make any real difference.

Deleted
    Really its time to rid the game of the now pointless and lifeless grind from 1-90, turn it into "Legacy content" that you do as a casual backstory to the current content. Remove heirlooms entirely, All new characters start at level 90. Add perks for legacy content completion.