Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Hans'gar and Franzok Smart Stampers mythic

Hey,

Anyone know how to make weak aura like method people had for Smart Stampers timer in mythic?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz8HxzsCDpE

I too would like something like this, though all you'd have to do is find a way for the weakaura to trigger (e.g by standing on this, and use that as a trigger) then make a simple progress bar with a count down timer (5 seconds in their case) then repeat.

What do you mean by spell cast start? the bosses dont actually cast this spell that heats up the stampers.

- - - Updated - - -

Bigwigs tracks it like this:

self:Log("SPELL_AURA_APPLIED", "SmartStampers", 162124)

d4t)gaGAGO6LiIAxavBdfvDyuntQKUeqKMTqperOBIi48uPUnsoTc7uPAVq7wW(j)efvggIQFROhJudfqzWsdNQCqG YPaOoMOQZrvvTqQQSuQelgfz5ISirfpvLLbiEoOjcinvLYKry6Q6IOOCvePlt56kzJIk9zrzZuv2oa(ivvzwOW0qez vaK8kGigfGQrJsgpq4KaPBbeLRbqCpeLvsf)fL61aKAmpUHhfEe4rGB45M585dApUdYY7FYXBqpdit45Bg(CJ8miEm hPBUc6oZWlo5e4gEPz0Wn8OwXFGB4JpEppAHh3WJAf)bUHp(4L40gUHh1k(dCdF8XhVKLnMHn3EgE8vIZepHhXacYx b6FaGH(HhXa6f5U3mq8UA(E8aPE4Xddk(pMbCdpk(iGB4bP5rZnUNhp6zCMCb3ZJ372ZWJEb)jfE0Z4m5hUNhpinpA Ga3ZJhp6XIJ7KJhiWDYXJh9yX3C7z4b)eFKX6XJEgNjWW984rpJZK)W984XJES45Uc04PQQQMSFLcQ(wb6Fmda3lnZ sgeYqf(80ZqLWIphWYrvvvvvnz)kfuHpp9QGevG7LMzjdcvbuQew85awoQQQQwGqoQQ45g3jhV085VH7KJhXkX)XmG hGG3cAS5rpwCKj8XhVpnYYSeUHhCUs02kmE88IC3wcpONfJGsGxEMhi5bcjHhXkX)XmGhGG3cAS5ReFZTNHmHh9c(t k2SgegE0l4pPWBbn2eg8xHXJ(Hh0ZIXDoLHNFrdchHm1PpvsEeYG49U9m8maSWJ3cASHEwmckb6hEWftgaw4VLpFdq GhBWi1fWydgWaMRGYmGIh9c(tk2VBpdpdal84TGg7vy8OF4zayHhpsCsXe)vDDMH3kyayHhVFqze4rVG)KcORe)hZa E(wb6FmdahWYrvvvnoP5r1FqzBtsycGPsMkGihvvv1K9Ruq9hu22KeMayYrvvv1ceYrvvvvoQQQQYrvvvvoQQQQYrv vvvoQQQQYrvvvvoQQQQYrvvvvoQQQQYrvvvvoQQQQYro4TGgBONfJ7Ckdzcp6f8Nu45BfO)XmaCdal8mu)bLbFoLhd vkdc5zgdvwdcJe5W3smuHZvI28hPGcugQW5krB7CkJHkCUs0wUrEgKHkCUs0Ml8brUrEgKHkHbF)rkOaLHkHb)DoLX qLWGFUrEgKHkHbFx4dICJ8midvWbhCaRQkhvvv1Hpvkdc5zMkzKPMZbmM5QRSbJuxaJnyadyUckZaAoQpllihvvvvv vv14KMhvHEwmckbdvONfJ7CkJHk0ZIXJM1CgvjtfCWbxoQQQQQQQQdFQqplg35uMkzKPMJFrdchHm1PpvsEeYG5O(S SGCuvvvvvvvvvvvh(uHZvI225uMkzKPsAy87Ckd454f5UTuoaw9zzb5OQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQMSFLcQFAzYrvvvvvvvv vvv1ceYrvvvvvvv1ceYrvvv1ceYXce4TGgB4CLOTvy8it4rZYOb04zayHhpdal8q8iDh0n2GrQlGHhHb)vy845f5UT e(4XYgzSEChiKJ3k8PrwMLWn8OxWFsHh(4rmGErU7ndeVlJmwpEQ4Xjig)yg4r2FAKLzjiUHpEdc8okE6vVNt5zjiE Hf1wAKLzjiUNhF8G4beWjhC)dU)XdaCppjbeYXhr
    this is what i wrote, not sure if it works. when i change the spell ID to blessing of kings, it shows and disappears after 5, but not sure if the way bigwigs does it, if thatll work for weakauras.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RawrTiffany View Post
    this is what i wrote, not sure if it works. when i change the spell ID to blessing of kings, it shows and disappears after 5, but not sure if the way bigwigs does it, if thatll work for weakauras.
    i got an error on this

I was asked this previously and I'm reasonably sure Method trigger the bar manually. It's too inconsistent to be a repeating 5 second timer (no combat log events for repeatedly starting it) and it knows exactly when to not restart the bar which IIRC is also undetectable by combat log.

Basically you'd accomplish the same thing by doing /raidbar 5 MOVE, you need a raid leader/assist to be deciding when that happens.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    I was asked this previously and I'm reasonably sure Method trigger the bar manually. It's too inconsistent to be a repeating 5 second timer (no combat log events for repeatedly starting it) and it knows exactly when to not restart the bar which IIRC is also undetectable by combat log.

Basically you'd accomplish the same thing by doing /raidbar 5 MOVE, you need a raid leader/assist to be deciding when that happens.
    yeah, i think so too. if u look at the video you can see that the 5 sec bar sometimes still show up, even when the Smart Stampers phase is over. or it sometimes started a few moments to late.

Deleted
    and if you watch closely it doesn't refresh every time a plate is activated, there is one point where someone moved too early and they activate 3-4 plates in a couple of seconds and the timer doesn't go back to 5 seconds. Wouldn't it do that when you trigger it off of a combatlog event the moment that event comes up again?

I get that it would be helpful, but even if you move extremely early (4-5sec), and have two groups - you will only use up 3/4 of the room.

We don't call it or use an alert - just as soon as the next cell gets lit up by anyone, everyone moves - most of the time, its the tank dragging the boss for melee, and ranged it is our healer RL who trigger it - but it makes things pretty foolproof.
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2015-02-18 at 11:49 PM.

My guild is doing progression on this tonight and I looked at the Method video, had the same question. Would smooth things out for me as I am co-raid leader.

Unfortunately my WA knowledge isn't that great and I couldn't really find anything to replicate this, so I just made a stopwatch macro that ticks down from 6, I doubt anyone will need it but hey who knows, if it helps even just 1 person thats good enough for me. Just bind it to something and trigger it when you move to a new plate.

/script Stopwatch_Play()
    /sw :6

I'm not progressing on this fight, i just built an aura based on what i could find on warcraftlogs, so, please let us know if it works:

Code:
    dqdhcaGEkH2fvyBq0mrKmxkrZwuFtsTtvP9s2Ti7NsPFIiggLQXrvnykjdxv1bPuCmiDoQYcfQwkLGfluwUsEOQYtbltfpxPMQIMmuMoQlQkCvePEMcDDOAJuj3gHnJuBhjonfFwittIVRk6WQ0FLKrJOgpLuNejDlQuxtbNNk6Ys9yi8BblunfqiataMMcSMeA6DZYL7sDXZ33dP3a6bTy3x0UlJcCscn9Uz9IoG6WoYrpKf)Yy9GaEzII6LMcyN)TGMsNyb7)oNPIjaf5b9ueSXJ1u6ed400gRfu9zdmRas)99aaby4RlBcjbif0u6el4lqe7Y2AfPcrcW3D1(VZzQykUa8utPtSa2q0yIfqUnrKz5QESCoEE1Lt94547lA3Lbb5WfttbRlIwtbe4z2OPyXcwHCRPac8mB0uSyb8n3jwtbe4z2OPyXcW3DfIarSlR4IfqhsmySyR3trWQJmH005FlWGiKeyWeae3fBRvaFj(71wWtdgtwUQp(JOilf)Hb06r0JODxgeKWjMltuuV26fvaMz)NVoPIiKeq9D(WcUS57HLu)i5fS85DTmHvfFZDIRmicPQ8Li2Mdm5ENV4rK5EjariKXcptkUybBbhh2D45Wtaf9Iwo2flb

10+ Year Old Account
    Yours works for the first trigger Tercio but does not re-trigger for each new one, any ideas?

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Theoretically it *could* be possible since we know when the phases start and end, if we can get the x,y coordinates for every plate and see if someone steps on it and activate a new timer (remove old timer for prev plate or just add a new bar). Obviously then you have the issue of melee and ranged camps

I don't really see the issue with that though, just move when it glows.
    Retired in WoD

10+ Year Old Account
    You can see in Methods kill video that they have a WeakAura for it, exactly like Tercio's - expect it will re trigger each time a new square is activated (only on the first for Tercio's).

Deleted
    There is a function call within the public API that lets you get your current location and/or the location of every party/raid member. You can also map the coordinates of the encounter area and split it up into a 5x4 grid of stampers because they're perfectly rectangular.

There is a set time between standing on a section of the arena and the stamper coming down on that, so it would be pretty straightforward to write an addon that basically says "When one person enters an area that has not been stood on before, count down from 5", which is what you see on the screen.

My guess would be that as soon as the smart stampers phase begins, someone manually activates the addon/weakaura, detects and stores the location of all players, maps their world location to a grid location, and repeatedly scans player locations so that as soon as a player enters a new subsection of the grid, a countdown starts. They then move at the end of the countdown, and this repeats until the end of the phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is trackable through the combatlog for each new trigger (when the new panel is stepped on and starts to glow).

HTML Code:
    2/19 21:17:44.646  SPELL_AURA_APPLIED,Creature-0-3748-1205-1836-78358-000265D35B,"Stamping Presses",0xa28,0x0,Creature-0-3748-1205-1836-78358-000265D35B,"Stamping Presses",0xa28,0x0,162124,"Smart Stampers",0x1,BUFF
    2/19 21:17:44.646  SPELL_CAST_SUCCESS,Creature-0-3748-1205-1836-78358-000265D35B,"Stamping Presses",0xa28,0x0,0000000000000000,nil,0x80000000,0x80000000,162124,"Smart Stampers",0x1,Creature-0-3748-1205-1836-78358-000265D35B,97854,97854,0,0,0,1,0,0,103.83,3521.84,100

I'm just unsure how to actually apply that into a WeakAura detecting it.

It is not trackable via the combat log, only the beginning of the "stamping phase" is.

Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Deleted
    If only the beginning of the smart stampers phase is trackable by spell ID then I believe my post likely still applies, but instead of starting it manually it starts automatically after detecting the spell ID above, then goes on to detect player movement of zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious how Method tracks it in their video then? Because the timer bar restarts the countdown each time a new plate is triggered (seemingly), and stops when the phase is over. Maybe they aren't tracking it at all, but only the start of the phase, and automating the timers to restart after ~6 seconds? This only really works if no plates are triggered early though :/

Edit: I'm guessing it is most likely an addon created in-house then as suggested by Zeruge

Quote Originally Posted by Whatah View Post
    I'm curious how Method tracks it in their video then?
    Well...

Method trigger the bar manually.
    you'd accomplish the same thing by doing /raidbar 5 MOVE
    ------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Zeruge View Post
    If only the beginning of the smart stampers phase is trackable by spell ID then I believe my post likely still applies, but instead of starting it manually it starts automatically after detecting the spell ID above, then goes on to detect player movement of zones.
    It is theoretically possible to do this via the positioning API. It would however take a lot of time, effort, and a lot of false positive checks. Even if you decided to take hours out to code this and subsequently somehow fail relentlessly at such an easy boss just to fix all the false positives, you'd still end up with the situation of: When do I *stop* scanning for movement and cancel the bar? You can do it roughly by scanning boss health, but the bar cancels at the exact point it ends, not roughly at a health point. Almost as if it simply wasn't "renewed" by someone transmitting it (notice how it never cancels midway after the phase ends).
    Last edited by funkydude; 2015-02-21 at 10:39 PM.